Dexter Fowler Clears Revocable Waivers

willycat

Liked Posts:
TC, agree that Castro is traded in the off season for either a RP or CF. He continues to make the errors of omission and on routine ground balls, while his power appears to be gone and his BA and OBP are down as well. Wish they would bring Baez up very soon and see what he can do at 2B. Keep Soler because of his home run potential and don't feel either he, Baez or Castro will bring you top SP. They will fill their #1 pitching slot with through free agency.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I agree with that. I think their going to trade Castro and eat some money. I also think someone is going to get a pretty good ballplayer on the cheap.

Funny thing, I think they want both. Everything I read is the Cubs hold both in high value and won't waiver. It seems that the Cubs have no problem not trading anyone when the rest of the country wants to trade someone. My opinion, but I can see the Cubs walking into next year with both and Bryant moving off of third. Castro has not hung his head through any of this and that says something. They will absolutely explore all possibilities but I don't think they care to trade any of them unless they get what they want and nothing else. I don't blame them. They have a plethora of talent. They have a monster payroll to work with very soon. They don't need to force anything. They are in the driver seat and people need to make them an offer they cant refuse.