Did D-Rose cheat on his SAT exam?

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
I also reached the point where cheating off someone else would be harmful to my grades.

I don't really care about cheating all too much though. I let my friends cheat off me, fed them answers on tests, ghost wrote papers for money.

If all you got through high school on is cheating, you're probably going to flunk out of college, as you aren't really going to be able to cheat there.

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
??? ?????? wrote:
I also reached the point where cheating off someone else would be harmful to my grades.

I don't really care about cheating all too much though. I let my friends cheat off me, fed them answers on tests, ghost wrote papers for money.

If all you got through high school on is cheating, you're probably going to flunk out of college, as you aren't really going to be able to cheat there.

In my college people used to cheat off of me all the time on regular test but they would always fail mid terms and finals as they always separated everyone during those tests. I did the same thing, I used to write papers for money however i knew it was wrong.

Dpauley23

Liked Posts:
Memphis athletic director R.C. Johnson said the Tigers have no reason to believe a former player -- identified by sources as Derrick Rose -- took a fraudulent standardized test prior to enrolling at the university.

"If we thought that we wouldn't have played him," Johnson told ESPN.com Thursday.

Johnson wouldn't confirm that Chicago Bulls rookie Rose is at the center of the investigation. But he denied any knowledge of someone else taking a standardized test for a Memphis player.

In a letter to the school the NCAA says an unknown person took the SAT for a player, with his knowledge, and then the player used that test to get into Memphis. The NCAA said the athlete in question played for the Tigers in the 2007-08 season and the 2008 NCAA tournament. The only person who played just that season was Rose.

We feel like we've done a thorough investigation," Johnson said. "Time will tell if we were correct. We feel good about [the upcoming hearing] but you never know how this will all work."

Johnson declined to provide any details on what Memphis has found in its investigation prior to the hearing.

Another violation alleged by the NCAA was that a person, according to sources Rose's brother, Reggie, was permitted to travel on the team plane at no cost on two different occasions. The value of the trips was $1,125. The same person was allowed to stay in the team hotel at no cost on five different occasions for a value of $1,135.

"We sell seats all of the time," Johnson said of the team plane. "Anybody is eligible to go. We don't say, 'You can't go because of this or that.' If they pay, they'll go. We'll continue to do that. The way finances are, that's one of the big things on a charter, you have to do things that will help your team. Tiger fans get to go on the charters if they pay.

The NCAA has asked Memphis to provide copies of the SAT and a Sept. 2, 2008, report by a forensic document examiner who studied the handwriting in the SAT.

Simeon coach Robert Smith told ESPN.com on Thursday no one from the NCAA or Memphis had contacted the high school requesting Rose's transcript. But, Lipman said the high school doesn't have anything to do with the standardized test.

"We're not one of the test sites," Smith said. "The test was between him and his family. I never knew when he was going to take the test. They had total control of Derrick. The only thing I did was coach him. I don't even know if I was doing that. They might have been doing that from the stands."

A number of coaches who were recruiting Rose told ESPN.com Thursday that they never received a transcript from Simeon. Smith said he doesn't release transcripts unless the family authorizes him to do so.

Smith said he had no involvement in Rose's recruitment and spoke with Calipari only once, when he came to practice. Smith said that investigators from the Chicago Public School system did ask questions about Rose and other students after Rose had graduated, "but nothing came of it and if something would have then none of us would still be working here."

Smith, who said he has no ties to Rose now, does not believe he would cheat on his test. Luther Tubbs, who coached Rose's summer league team, concurred.

"I don't know nothing about the kid not taking the test," Tubbs told ESPN.com Thursday. "I love Derrick. That kid is smart enough to take his own test. Nobody at that school took that test for him. The kid isn't dumb. If anyone knows Coach Tubbs, they know I don't believe in cheating."

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
The most interesting thing is to see who allowed the Rose imposter to take the SAT. I imagine it's like the ACT, where you go in with photo identification. Whoever allowed the imposter to take the test is likely in a lot of trouble.

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
Dpauley23 wrote:
Memphis athletic director R.C. Johnson said the Tigers have no reason to believe a former player -- identified by sources as Derrick Rose -- took a fraudulent standardized test prior to enrolling at the university.

"If we thought that we wouldn't have played him," Johnson told ESPN.com Thursday.

Johnson wouldn't confirm that Chicago Bulls rookie Rose is at the center of the investigation. But he denied any knowledge of someone else taking a standardized test for a Memphis player.

In a letter to the school the NCAA says an unknown person took the SAT for a player, with his knowledge, and then the player used that test to get into Memphis. The NCAA said the athlete in question played for the Tigers in the 2007-08 season and the 2008 NCAA tournament. The only person who played just that season was Rose.

We feel like we've done a thorough investigation," Johnson said. "Time will tell if we were correct. We feel good about [the upcoming hearing] but you never know how this will all work."

Johnson declined to provide any details on what Memphis has found in its investigation prior to the hearing.

Another violation alleged by the NCAA was that a person, according to sources Rose's brother, Reggie, was permitted to travel on the team plane at no cost on two different occasions. The value of the trips was $1,125. The same person was allowed to stay in the team hotel at no cost on five different occasions for a value of $1,135.

"We sell seats all of the time," Johnson said of the team plane. "Anybody is eligible to go. We don't say, 'You can't go because of this or that.' If they pay, they'll go. We'll continue to do that. The way finances are, that's one of the big things on a charter, you have to do things that will help your team. Tiger fans get to go on the charters if they pay.

The NCAA has asked Memphis to provide copies of the SAT and a Sept. 2, 2008, report by a forensic document examiner who studied the handwriting in the SAT.

Simeon coach Robert Smith told ESPN.com on Thursday no one from the NCAA or Memphis had contacted the high school requesting Rose's transcript. But, Lipman said the high school doesn't have anything to do with the standardized test.

"We're not one of the test sites," Smith said. "The test was between him and his family. I never knew when he was going to take the test. They had total control of Derrick. The only thing I did was coach him. I don't even know if I was doing that. They might have been doing that from the stands."

A number of coaches who were recruiting Rose told ESPN.com Thursday that they never received a transcript from Simeon. Smith said he doesn't release transcripts unless the family authorizes him to do so.

Smith said he had no involvement in Rose's recruitment and spoke with Calipari only once, when he came to practice. Smith said that investigators from the Chicago Public School system did ask questions about Rose and other students after Rose had graduated, "but nothing came of it and if something would have then none of us would still be working here."

Smith, who said he has no ties to Rose now, does not believe he would cheat on his test. Luther Tubbs, who coached Rose's summer league team, concurred.

"I don't know nothing about the kid not taking the test," Tubbs told ESPN.com Thursday. "I love Derrick. That kid is smart enough to take his own test. Nobody at that school took that test for him. The kid isn't dumb. If anyone knows Coach Tubbs, they know I don't believe in cheating."

Derrick smart enough to take his own test? lol he needs an interpreter almost and they are trying to say he could have taken his own test? Lets not kid.

Dpauley23

Liked Posts:
Just because you can't talk right doesn't mean your stupid

RPK

Liked Posts:
Dpauley23 wrote:

I agree 100 percent. If there is one thing Rose is a genius at, it's basketball. He's getting asked basketball questions.

If you want to call Derrick dumb because of his inability to pass the SAT's that's one thing, but calling a 20 year old rookie stupid because he doesn't speak with confidence when being interviewed in front of millions of people isn't fair.

Dpauley23

Liked Posts:
The funny thing is that one of the people who had to get his grade changed took the test for Rose supposedly

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
RPK wrote:
Dpauley23 wrote:

I agree 100 percent. If there is one thing Rose is a genius at, it's basketball.

If you want to call Derrick dumb because of his inability to pass the SAT's that's one thing, but calling a 20 year old rookie stupid because he doesn't speak with confidence when being interviewed in front of millions of people isn't fair.

Is Rose really a basketball genius?

He pushes the ball ahead to guys like Gordon and Salmons on the fastbreak, so the Bulls can truly take advantage of the numbers. This is something Hinrich doesn't do, which instantly kills the fastbreak.

He is good at recognizing where the double comes from.

But, the guy clearly has no basketball smarts concerning the defensive end of the ball. Offensively, he doesn't recognize when to take the three pointer when it's the correct basketball play. He doesn't know at all how to draw a foul.

TheStig

Liked Posts:
RPK wrote:
Dpauley23 wrote:

I agree 100 percent. If there is one thing Rose is a genius at, it's basketball. He's getting asked basketball questions.

Exactly, there are plenty of genius who can't speak in public and many more people who get flustered and can't speak on national tv like Derrick. I never read into that, I just assumed he was shy.

RPK

Liked Posts:
??? ?????? wrote:
RPK wrote:
Dpauley23 wrote:

I agree 100 percent. If there is one thing Rose is a genius at, it's basketball.

He pushes the ball ahead to guys like Gordon and Salmons on the fastbreak, so the Bulls can truly take advantage of the numbers. This is something Hinrich doesn't do, which instantly kills the fastbreak.

But, the guy clearly has no basketball smarts concerning the defensive end of the ball. Offensively, he doesn't recognize when to take the three pointer when it's the correct basketball play. He doesn't know at all how to draw a foul.

Rose' strength is running the fast break. I'm guessing you are referring to when he throws an outlet pass to see if he can catch the defense sleeping. I've never seen him pass the ball out to early when he had the 3 on 2.

Rose doesn't shoot a ton of threes because he's not comfortable shooting 3's off picks and he rarely just sits at the three point line waiting to shoot. His offensive game is dribble drive. Once he gets comfortable shooting threes, you'll see it more. It;s not about when to shoot, he knows that part of his game isn't ready.

I think most people agree that Derrick got the rookie treatment from the refs last year in terms of calls. He does look to avoid the contact a bit much, but that is probably more of a confident issue in terms of not taking a wild shot.

Defensively, he has a lot to learn. Mostly it's about when he decides to double and when to return to his man. Staying in front of pg's is nearly impossible with the hand check rules and league drifting towards smaller, quicker point guards. Let's not forget the Bulls great defense against the pick and roll.

He's been playing championship level basketball since he was a junior in high school.

He plays the arguably the most difficult position in basketball, yet still won ROY.

Every scouting report mentions his high basketball IQ.

Nearly every play run is started with Rose handling the ball.

He was a major a reason as to why the Bulls made the playoffs this year.

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
RPK wrote:
??? ?????? wrote:
RPK wrote:
Dpauley23 wrote:

Rose' strength is running the fast break. I'm guessing you are referring to when he throws an outlet pass to see if he can catch the defense sleeping. I've never seen him pass the ball out to early when he had the 3 on 2.

Rose doesn't shoot a ton of threes because he's not comfortable shooting 3's off picks and he rarely just sits at the three point line waiting to shoot. His offensive game is dribble drive. Once he gets comfortable shooting threes, you'll see it more. It;s not about when to shoot, he knows that part of his game isn't ready.

I think most people agree that Derrick got the rookie treatment from the refs last year in terms of calls. He does look to avoid the contact a bit much, but that is probably more of a confident issue in terms of not taking a wild shot.

Defensively, he has a lot to learn. Mostly it's about when he decides to double and when to return to his man. Staying in front of pg's is nearly impossible with the hand check rules and league drifting towards smaller, quicker point guards. Let's not forget the Bulls great defense against the pick and roll.

He's been playing championship level basketball since he was a junior in high school.

He plays the arguably the most difficult position in basketball, yet still won ROY.

Every scouting report mentions his high basketball IQ.

Nearly every play run is started with Rose handling the ball.

He was a major a reason as to why the Bulls made the playoffs this year.

I have to agree with all of this. Rose may not be a basketball genius right now but he is really good at what he does. This kid did not show half of what he could be in a few years yet led the same bunch of guys that failed miserably in 07 to the playoffs and won rookie of year while doing it.

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
Am I the only one who finds it scary that Rose had a person who is currently in prison take the test for him?

Jamfan

Twitter: @jamfan41
Liked Posts:
40322638.jpg

Caption the pic?

Seth

Liked Posts:
I think it's safe to say that most of us here are college educated, and that our education has been in pursuit of some career. But Rose is a career athlete, and the way that he's being used by the people from these educational institutions is alien to what we regard as the institutions primary function: leaning, and all that. The SAT and his grade changes are all specific to the college admissions process-- and since he never saw saw College as anything but a short stop on a path to the NBA, it's hard to see this as an academic integrity issue, since these are the values of a student culture and it's obvious that neither Memphis nor Simeon considered Rose a student in any way, shape, or form (as seen by his special treatment). Since this seems to be the case, what forces could possibly compel Rose to take the SAT and other conventions of the educational bureaucracy seriously?