Did the Sox win the Eaton/Giolito trade?

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I was fully prepared to write off Giolito coming into this season. Credit to him for making the mechanical adjustments necessary to be the guy (so far this season) he was projected to be.

In terms of who won the trade...I feel like the Sox "won" it but more by default/attrition. Eaton has been pretty good for the Nats and as advertised but he didn't really help the team win anything. As for the Sox Giolito is just NOW coming into form, Lopez is "meh", and Dunning is a complete non-factor. The Nats window is pretty much closed so Eaton can't really do much but be a pretty good player on a so-so franchise. The Sox still have hope of a couple of these guys hitting and helping the franchise turn it around. I'd say the Sox "won" the deal but it's based on really there being an unknown out there on if any of these contribute anything meaningful to a good Sox team.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Giolito is looking like he might be a number 1 and Lopez does have flashes of excellence. If Lucas has found himself and even if Lopez turns out to be a 4 or 5, the Sox appear to be the winners here.