My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. San Antonio Spurs
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Cleveland Browns
  1. San Jose Sharks
  1. Miami (Ohio) Redhawks
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I'm not sure I buy some of the "takes" of this article, as I think plenty of folks of all political spectrums still like Ditka for one reason or another. The suburbs have always been more conservative, duh.

Personally, I think just being an adult now makes me cringe at some of his failings and faults (especially player safety and temperament). Those teams had all the talent in the world and under-performed beyond the '85 champs. But, I'd argue for the last 25-30 years Ditka has simply been a caricature of himself or a full-on performer baying like a donkey for ratings and attention. Its understandable, that's what his employers have paid him for. If there's one Trumpian connection floating out there, its that.

I'd argue Nagy's leadership style is far less polarizing (in one over-achieving season, albeit) and far more palatable for any fan. Be obsessed with success, "Have fun going about winning," "Be you," jesus its still all just a game. Enjoy some entertainment, folks.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
god forbid people have fun......football is entertainment. Ditka is entertainment.

mecha

Liked Posts:
god forbid people have fun......football is entertainment. Ditka is entertainment.

lot of characters on those teams back then.

probably the downfall of the unit, the shenanigans took center focus.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets