Doug Williams comment about QBs and race

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
Thought this was interesting...

"The other problem is guys don't get a chance very often to come in as backups, to maybe get a chance to learn holding a clipboard. Backup QB is still, more often than not, a white position. There are exceptions, but not many."

CCI_000323.jpg

PrimeTime

Knowledge Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Good thing Lamar Jackson and Pat Mahomes are white. Otherwise people might think what Doug Williams said was one big racist lie.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Good thing Lamar Jackson and Pat Mahomes are white. Otherwise people might think what Doug Williams said was one big racist lie.
Read the quote:

"The other problem is guys don't get a chance very often to come in as backups, to maybe get a chance to learn holding a clipboard. Backup QB is still, more often than not, a white position. There are exceptions, but not many."

This is old statement from a old interview. He said back-up. And no there are few AA back-ups and the majority of teams don't even have a AA Qb at all. I could be wrong but
the last AAQb we drafted was Vince Evans ( IN 1977) And we really never gave give
him good wr's.
LOL.....I remember Evans having to throw to Brian Baschnagel
who was wearing a caste on one arm. He was are best wr too.

Last edited:

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

If what he said is not accurate or even a "lie" how exactly is it "racist???"

Thanks in advance for your explanation.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:

CCI_000323.jpg

Tell Doug to stfu and get out of America if he doesn't like it! I bet he kneels for the anthem like a coward too!

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
He's not wrong. I am not going to speak to the individual decisions people put in as backups Currently there are 5 second string black QBs...

I honestly don't know how that compares to history, but it probably is a high mark in the NFL in recent years.

TL1961

Liked Posts:

CCI_000323.jpg
So now that there are more blacks starting, he's bitching they aren't backups?

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Tell Doug to stfu and get out of America if he doesn't like it! I bet he kneels for the anthem like a coward too!
What makes kneeling in protest a cowardly thing? What does "cowardly" have to do with it at all?

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Read the quote:

This is old statement from a old interview. He said back-up. And no there are few AA back-ups and the majority of teams don't even have a AA Qb at all. I could be wrong but
the last AAQb we drafted was Vince Evans ( IN 1977) And we really never gave give
him good wr's.
LOL.....I remember Evans having to throw to Brian Baschnagel
who was wearing a caste on one arm. He was are best wr too.

The Bears have had numerous mediocre and bad QB's, and often gave them no WRs worth a damn. It wasn't a racial thing.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
Because standing up for what you believe in an act of defiance is somehow cowardly, but going along with the herd is not. Yup. This is the mindset of the drill drill drill crowd. One seriously cannot make this up.

To sum up, an act that illustrates a challenge to a history of racial segregation, institutionalized racism, and, shall we call it racial profiling to eufamize racism, is, in this guy’s mind, somehow Han act of cowardice. I hope he was missing his sarcasm font. Remember, green means sarcasm.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Because standing up for what you believe in an act of defiance is somehow cowardly, but going along with the herd is not. Yup. This is the mindset of the drill drill drill crowd. One seriously cannot make this up.

To sum up, an act that illustrates a challenge to a history of racial segregation, institutionalized racism, and, shall we call it racial profiling to eufamize racism, is, in this guy’s mind, somehow Han act of cowardice. I hope he was missing his sarcasm font. Remember, green means sarcasm.

Lol

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

I'm a little surprised that @Grimson is siding with the CCS Racists on this one and really hope that he is trolling.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
The Bears have had numerous mediocre and bad QB's, and often gave them no WRs worth a damn. It wasn't a racial thing.

Read what I said in the post again. I covered back-ups. I covered how the majority teams don't even have AA Qb's. I gave the Evans example, cuz that's the last time we drafted a AA Qb ( I could be wrong).

Yeah......I get we've had a lotta' "mediocre and bad QB's"......but read the topic of this thread. Hint: it's not about "mediocre and bad QB's"

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

CCI_000323.jpg

So in these situations....when statements like this are made, my first question would be.... is Williams lying?

Status
Not open for further replies.