Doug Williams comment about QBs and race

Status
Not open for further replies.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Mind exploding here. I can't imagine a path that has Ronald Curry as a starting NFL QB. Its not a difference of "harder" and "easier", its a difference of "delusional" and "reality". Robbie Gould could probably make more money as a pass-rushing DE in the NFL, but I guess he chose the easier path of being a placekicker.

And, again, I'm not seeing your "point" with all of this. You are merely regurgitating history, adding your own incorrect asides every now-and-then.

I stopped reading at your "point #2", because I was starting to feel anger at your stupidity. I needed to step away.

I can't see a path for Moon as a starting QB in the NFL either given his numbers which even for 1977 were mediocre yet he eventually made it.

You say it's not about racism.....then you reference Moon's situation..from 1978.... which was blatant racism.

How may QBs with sub 50% completion percentage and 19 career TDs get drafted in the NFL? You are projecting your opinions on why Moon didn't get drafted onto me. I don't think his not getting drafted was due to racism. I think it was due to a mediocre college career. I am sure he was subject to racism but that doesn't mean he was entitled to be drafted based off of his career numbers.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Re: Moon
I think it was due to a mediocre college career.
I don't think his not getting drafted was due to racism.
This runs completely counter to the environment Moon was drafted into. It runs counter to reality. You've heard Moon talk about his career right? How many times he was told he wasn't smart enough to play QB? He ended up at Washington because people figured a black QB could handle the "simple offense". Moon was 6'3 215lbs and was told he was "too small" to play QB in the NFL(he jokes they left out the "brained" after the "too small" part) and suggested he move to WR, when he wasn't that athletic. Moon's situation was complete racism. This is beyond discussion/debate at this point. He was the conference player of the year in 1977 and Rose Bowl MVP. He was a hell of player with a great arm in college.

Status
Not open for further replies.