Draft D.Thomas(Ohio St) to Lure Free Agent G.Oden?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
They are working out together....this might be a package deal where you get a steal in D.Thomas, who is a little shorter than you want from a big. A beasely player except you don't have to take him #2.

Except he could come with a treat.

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I've read a few articles saying that Greg Oden is really getting into shape and has looked good in non-basketball workouts. Hopefully he can make a comeback and have a solid career as a role player. I'm just not sure how much extended time he'll get. But as a guy coming off the bench giving you 20 minutes a night? I'd be all for that.

Freakyslow15

Liked Posts:
I think Greg Oden will sign with any team who makes him an offer; I don't see him in high demand. He's too much of an injury risk.

scottiepippen1994

Liked Posts:
I didnt know Greg Oden was still alive. :shrug:
Maybe Pax will sign the ghosts of Eddie Curry and Jay Williams too.
:troll:

Last edited:

scottiepippen1994

Liked Posts:
Fuck Greg Oden.

Jason Collins would be a better fit.
A veteran leader who could mentor Rose.
I think Jason Collins would be a perfect fit as a bigman coming off the bench next season.
I'm being serious.
Jason is a Pax type of guy and would come at a price that Jerry loves.

And who deleted my Jason Collins thread?

Its sad that the mods are discriminating against Jason just because of his sexual preference.

He's a good player and is as tough as nails on the court.

:smug:

The only problem is, Derrick may be too much of a PUSSY for Jason.
Jason gets along much better with men that have BALLS......

Maybe Jason can turn Derrick back into a real man again.

:troll:

Last edited:

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
To bad Portland's medical staff ruined him...would have been the best big in the game.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
How can a medical staff be responsible if a player gets injured on the court?
By clearing him to play before he's actually physically ready to play, thus exponentially increasing the chance of reinjury.

scottiepippen1994

Liked Posts:
But............but..........but every kind of injury is reinjurable, therefore, its never a safe time to be cleared to play.
:shrug:

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Just look at him... I'm pretty sure he is 42 by now.

Sent from Neverwhere using Taptalk

ChettheJet

Liked Posts:
First, I don't get why luring Greg Oden is even a consideration. I could play on a ten day contract and get more minutes before I collapsed than he could before he gets injured again.

What is the precedence for this idea?

This need to bring someone else in to get or make Greg Oden happy goes back to the draft when people thought he and Mike Conley jr were some kind of tandem and needed to be drafted together of the big guy wouldn't be happy or motivated or would be an even bigger star. Almost every player is looking out for himself and doesn't need a buddy, mentor, bodyguard or sidekick from college. And if a player thinks he does need somebody, you don't want him.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
How can a medical staff be responsible if a player gets injured on the court?

If they clear him to play early or don't do the right things in rehab. I believe his agent was the one that called them out saying they do a shit job and I'm sure he knows more about the whole thing than I do. I just watch from afar.

scottiepippen1994

Liked Posts:
Cool-Story-Bro.jpg

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
To bad Portland's medical staff ruined him...would have been the best big in the game.
:lmao: Is this based on what an agent said? LOL. The real idiots in that organization are at the top. They drafted Roy, who had red flags on both knees which docs said wouldn't hold up for more than 5-6 seasons. They drafted Oden, who had his own injury issues in college & HS. The med staff tried to keep them healthy but they were already damaged before entering the NBA.

Greg Oden was doomed for injury from the get go regardless. Take one good look at him & you know he is not built to play in the NBA. NBA players are incredibly symetrical, that's why their bodies are better equipped to handle the rigors of constant physical activity. They almost glide on air when they walk or run. Oden has one of the most asymetrical bodies I've ever seen in an NBA center. When he walks or runs, he lumbers like an old man. His shoulders aren't squared, his knees don't line up with his shoulders, hips & ankles, & his legs aren't even the same length! He will never play more than 40 games in a season if he can even stay healthy enough to come back. I wouldn't waste a roster spot on him just like I wouldn't have for Brandon Roy, who played just 5 games before hanging them up again.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Greg Oden on a nonguaranteed deal...that's a low risk/high reward decision :smug:

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
:lmao: Is this based on what an agent said? LOL. The real idiots in that organization are at the top. They drafted Roy, who had red flags on both knees which docs said wouldn't hold up for more than 5-6 seasons. They drafted Oden, who had his own injury issues in college & HS. The med staff tried to keep them healthy but they were already damaged before entering the NBA.

Greg Oden was doomed for injury from the get go regardless. Take one good look at him & you know he is not built to play in the NBA. NBA players are incredibly symetrical, that's why their bodies are better equipped to handle the rigors of constant physical activity. They almost glide on air when they walk or run. Oden has one of the most asymetrical bodies I've ever seen in an NBA center. When he walks or runs, he lumbers like an old man. His shoulders aren't squared, his knees don't line up with his shoulders, hips & ankles, & his legs aren't even the same length! He will never play more than 40 games in a season if he can even stay healthy enough to come back. I wouldn't waste a roster spot on him just like I wouldn't have for Brandon Roy, who played just 5 games before hanging them up again.

No I just added that to help prove my point. How often do you hear people actually involved in some ways with an organization bash a medical staff? That was the first time I heard it. Plus I don't blame their medical staff for what happened to Brandon Roy. His situation was far more serious than Greg Oden's was and was going to worsen regardless of what medical staff attended to him. I can't believe people are actually backing Portland's medical staff but bashing ours lol.