Draft Implications of Bears/Raiders Records

IvanL

Liked Posts:
The better the Bears are this year and next, the better the Khalil Mack trade looks (obviously). So far, this is working out to be essentially a best-case-scenario.

With the Raiders in clear "blow it up and start over" mode - the'll likely be a bottom 5 team again next year. Let's imagine that happens, and the Bears are again a top 5 time (again, seems likely). The Khalil Mack trade is going to become:

Bears Give:
- 2019 pick #28
- 2019 pick #214 (6th rounder)
- 2020 pick #28
- 2020 pick #96 (3rd rounder)

Oakland Gives:
- Khalil Mack for the prime of his career
- 2020 pick #37 (2nd rounder)
- 2020 pick #142 (5th rounder)

Using a draft value calculator, the draft picks by themselves come out to:
Bears Give Value: 1422.8
Raiders Give Value: 565

So with that normalized, the Bears got Khalil Mack in exchange for 857.8 worth of draft pick value. That's the equivalent of the #20 pick of the first round.

Would you trade the #20 pick for Khalil Mack? No-brainer - this trade just looks better and better.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
You don’t know what the 2020 pick will be yet but we pretty much bent gruden over in this trade

I wonder if the trade would have happened if the mock draft guru gm was in charge last summer

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hopefully it works out for both teams...that's how trades should work.....it certainly is looking great from a Bears perspective.....

The one thing that should sting the Raiders a bit is who they made the trade with....hindsight is 20/20 though

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Glad to see them go all in on a generational talent like Mack, but when the trade picks are better, then that is just icing on the cake.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I don't need to use draft value charts to know the Bears "won" this trade. They're having their best season in years. That's all that matters to me. As fun as draft day is the playoffs are 1000 times better!

pfcmsh

Liked Posts:
Mack was a terrific decision by Ryan Pace and worth every nickel! He makes the entire team better and is a great team mate and humble man. We are fortunate to have Kahlil Mack! :):) We finally have a General Manager that might be better than Jim Finks or Jerry Vainisi. Pace knows what he is doing and may lead us to prominence for years to come. :):).

I have been very tough about Ted Phillips in the past. He finally hit a homerun because he humbled himself and sought advice on hiring a General Manager. Good job finally, Ted Phillips!