Draft week mock draft 2.0

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
Okay. I ran Fanspeak a few more times and have my updated, and, possibly, final Bears Mock Draft. One thing to keep in mind is that I would like to trade back in the 4th. I think we can pick up a late round pick and still get our guy there. Heck, we may even get a sixth rounder doing that. GMs be crazy.

Again, I am valuing a TE, S, and CB far far more in the 3rd than an RB. I think Miles Sanders is overrated, to say the least, and I don't want a clone of Howard. I don't want a scatback, emphasis on scat.

I tried to provide alternates, except for round 4 because of the RB I chose.

Finally, fuck kickers. We don't need to draft one. I would rather have a fourth team WR/RB with upside than waste a pick on Gay.

1: R3P23: TE JOSH OLIVER
SAN JOSE ST.

Alternate TE Kahale Warring (I just don’t think he’ll fall this far) from SDS or Kaden Smith from Stanford

2: R4P24: RB RODNEY ANDERSON
OKLAHOMA

Here’s where I’d trade back and still get him and possibly a late rounder. One can’t trade back on fanspeak. I’ve said this before and I’ll say it again, I’m all in on Rodney Anderson. He’s the best back in this draft, bar none. There’s no other back with his potential and upside this late in the draft, or in the draft for that matter. He’s going to be a beast.

There are no alternates. Rodney Anderson is the only back I want in this draft. Get me Rodney Anderson.

Round 5 is where it gets hard!

3: R5P24: LB JAHLANI TAVAI
HAWAII

So, let’s replace Trevathan. This big dude can hit. Pair him with Smith and you have a nice pair. I know we drafted Iggy last year, but I think Tavai is the best value here.

Dream picks if they fall, Mark “you can’t teach that speed” Fields from Clemson or Sheldrick “I body mofos” Redwine from Miami

4: R7P8: S ANDREW WINGARD
WYOMING

He’ll be a great special teamer and possibly a good back up, at first. He’s a thumper who will lay the wood. He may develop more than that, see Amos, but he may not, see Kwit. A good 7thround stash, he’s the type of dude you want on a football team.

Alternate: Hamp Cheevers from Boston College because we need a slot CB soon.

5: R7P24: RB/WR TONY POLLARD
MEMPHIS

He’s the type of “shiny new toy” I want to see what Nagy can do with. This is a great offense for him to play in, and, if he slips this far, we take the WR/RB hybrid that can line up everywhere and score from all over.

Alternate: My man Lamar Jackson’s former main man, Jaylen Smith from Louisville. He can just plain ball – when he has a mobile QB to throw him the ball. He has potential. He’s what you want in a late round pick.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Okay. I ran Fanspeak a few more times and have my updated, and, possibly, final Bears Mock Draft. One thing to keep in mind is that I would like to trade back in the 4th. I think we can pick up a late round pick and still get our guy there. Heck, we may even get a sixth rounder doing that. GMs be crazy.

Again, I am valuing a TE, S, and CB far far more in the 3rd than an RB. I think Miles Sanders is overrated, to say the least, and I don't want a clone of Howard. I don't want a scatback, emphasis on scat.

I tried to provide alternates, except for round 4 because of the RB I chose.

Finally, fuck kickers. We don't need to draft one. I would rather have a fourth team WR/RB with upside than waste a pick on Gay.

1: R3P23: TE JOSH OLIVER
SAN JOSE ST.

Alternate TE Kahale Warring (I just don’t think he’ll fall this far) from SDS or Kaden Smith from Stanford

2: R4P24: RB RODNEY ANDERSON
OKLAHOMA

Here’s where I’d trade back and still get him and possibly a late rounder. One can’t trade back on fanspeak. I’ve said this before and I’ll say it again, I’m all in on Rodney Anderson. He’s the best back in this draft, bar none. There’s no other back with his potential and upside this late in the draft, or in the draft for that matter. He’s going to be a beast.

There are no alternates. Rodney Anderson is the only back I want in this draft. Get me Rodney Anderson.

Round 5 is where it gets hard!

3: R5P24: LB JAHLANI TAVAI
HAWAII

So, let’s replace Trevathan. This big dude can hit. Pair him with Smith and you have a nice pair. I know we drafted Iggy last year, but I think Tavai is the best value here.

Dream picks if they fall, Mark “you can’t teach that speed” Fields from Clemson or Sheldrick “I body mofos” Redwine from Miami

4: R7P8: S ANDREW WINGARD
WYOMING

He’ll be a great special teamer and possibly a good back up, at first. He’s a thumper who will lay the wood. He may develop more than that, see Amos, but he may not, see Kwit. A good 7thround stash, he’s the type of dude you want on a football team.

Alternate: Hamp Cheevers from Boston College because we need a slot CB soon.

5: R7P24: RB/WR TONY POLLARD
MEMPHIS

He’s the type of “shiny new toy” I want to see what Nagy can do with. This is a great offense for him to play in, and, if he slips this far, we take the WR/RB hybrid that can line up everywhere and score from all over.

Alternate: My man Lamar Jackson’s former main man, Jaylen Smith from Louisville. He can just plain ball – when he has a mobile QB to throw him the ball. He has potential. He’s what you want in a late round pick.

Rodney Anderson is a great pick if he lasts that long.

A little tall for my liking at 6'1" but I like the beefy 220 lbs frame. He still has time to beef up to 235 lbs with professional meal planning in the NFL.

@msadows will :love:LOVE :love: this pick as he averaged 10.8 YPC last season.