DRB's mock.

D-Fresh3

Liked Posts:
The Bears steer clear of 'bad boys'?

Dusty Dvoracek

Tank Johnson

...Taking a chance with Brandon Marshall....

and not to criticize too much, but Urlacher and Briggs can't rapidly age...no one can. They age at the same time as anyone else in the world. A year at a time. I understand they are getting older, but they are not aging rapidly they are still playing at all-pro levels...

:peppers:

bossdrb

The Boss
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Bears steer clear of 'bad boys'?

Dusty Dvoracek

Tank Johnson

...Taking a chance with Brandon Marshall....

and not to criticize too much, but Urlacher and Briggs can't rapidly age...no one can. They age at the same time as anyone else in the world. A year at a time. I understand they are getting older, but they are not aging rapidly they are still playing at all-pro levels...

:peppers:

did they have a past of it? they released them once they fucked up. Marshall doesnt go out & do stupid shit, he had respect for Cut & looked up to him in Denver.
& the whole rapid aging thing, was just for writing purposes... the point is that they arent getting any younger. :troll:

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
They released Tank Johnson, Cedric Benson and Sam Hurd (doens't count, but...) when they fucked with the law.

bbaker

Liked Posts:
I would love that draft for the Bears.

bbaker

Liked Posts:
I still think the Bears should look at James Hanna (TE from OU). He should be available mid-rounds.

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sanders is a soft RT, don't like him. I loved Burfict coming out of high school and wanted him to go to USC, but he's a horrendous football player. ZERO instincts and he's bad in coverage. Add in the character concerns and you have a 6th-UDFA player

D-Fresh3

Liked Posts:
did they have a past of it? they released them once they fucked up. Marshall doesnt go out & do stupid shit, he had respect for Cut & looked up to him in Denver.
& the whole rapid aging thing, was just for writing purposes... the point is that they arent getting any younger. :troll:

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!????????!!!!!!!!!!!

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Interesting wish list... I would like a litte DB in there somewhere, but I could live with that draft you outlined. Still not sure about Mercilus's size, he would be pushed all around on Run Plays, but he may be the only decent DE left at 19.

Wakacha

Liked Posts:
I'm convinced that the Bears wont draft a Tackle (or probably guard too) any earlier than the 5th round, unless an absolute steal falls into their hands. They just don't view it as a very big need. I, like most fans, disagree with this, but i'm willing to give Webb another chance. I do think they will draft at least 1 offensive lineman, and Emery is supposedly good at picking late-round talent, so we'll see. Webb was a 7th round pick remember (pre-Emery).

marky mark

Liked Posts:
while id rather see an OT,WR, or ILB in the first, i like this mock alot, would be so happy if this is how it place out

bossdrb

The Boss
Donator
Liked Posts:
Interesting wish list... I would like a litte DB in there somewhere, but I could live with that draft you outlined. Still not sure about Mercilus's size, he would be pushed all around on Run Plays, but he may be the only decent DE left at 19.

meh, i think the Bears believe theyre set @ CB. i dont want another late round safety, id like to sign someone like Atogwe for vets minimum.

bossdrb

The Boss
Donator
Liked Posts:
WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!????????!!!!!!!!!!!

he puts himself in stupid ass situations, that's on him. im not making up excuses cuz he's with the Bears now, he fucked up a few times, & he needs to just chill @ home instead of goin to clubs. it's not like he's a terrible person. watch... i dont think he'll pull any stunts w/ the Bears.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
meh, i think the Bears believe theyre set @ CB. i dont want another late round safety, id like to sign someone like Atogwe for vets minimum.

Yea, they could be, Hayden may actually beat out Jennings for starter (if he can stay healthy) moving Jennings over to nickle or slot duty. From what I read, the Bears may be looking to take a taller CB later to turn into a SS to cover TE's in the league :shrug: time will tell.

Last edited:

bossdrb

The Boss
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yea, they could be, Hayden may actually beat out Jennings for starter (if he can stay healthy) moving Jennings over to nickle or slot duty. From what I read, the Bears may be looking to take a taller CB later to turn into a SS to cover TE's in the league :shrug: time will tell.

Hayden is pretty good, & i think he's 6'1... so i was excited when we grabbed him. i wanted him last year. i think Trumaine Johnson can play FS?

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
No clue, I was relating this from an article in the Sun Times or Trib, can't recall...

bossdrb

The Boss
Donator
Liked Posts:
No clue, I was relating this from an article in the Sun Times or Trib, can't recall...

Trumaine Johnson, FS/CB, Montana
Height: 6-2. Weight: 204.
40 Time: 4.50.
Bench: 19.
Vertical: 35.5. Broad: 10-2.
Arm: 33 1/4.
Projected Round (2012): 2-3.
4/21/12: Johnson was a ballhawk in past years, but his interceptions declined as a senior. At the Combine, he looked a little stiff to play corner in the NFL. Johnson may be better off at safety as it didn't look like he had the quick hips to turn and run with speed receivers. Some teams will still consider Johnson at corner. He looks like a bit of a tweener. Johnson is taking a lot of pre-draft visits around the NFL but he also has character concerns that teams want to check out.

Johnson held his own against Tennessee in the first game of the 2011 season with seven tackles, a pass broken up and a forced fumble. He had 54 tackles with six tackles for a loss, two interceptions and 12 passes broken up this year.

8/26/11: FCS standout Trumaine Johnson has an excellent combination of size and speed. He became a starter as a true freshman and recorded four interceptions. In 2009, despite missing four games, Johnson had five interceptions with 12 passes broken up and 54 tackles on the season. Last year, he had four interceptions with seven passes defensed and 44 tackles. Johnson needs to have another standout season playing against weaker competition, but his physical tools and consistent production should make him a mid-round pick.

thar she blows...

Kansacity88

Liked Posts:
Trumaine Johnson, FS/CB, Montana
Height: 6-2. Weight: 204.
40 Time: 4.50.
Bench: 19.
Vertical: 35.5. Broad: 10-2.
Arm: 33 1/4.
Projected Round (2012): 2-3.
4/21/12: Johnson was a ballhawk in past years, but his interceptions declined as a senior. At the Combine, he looked a little stiff to play corner in the NFL. Johnson may be better off at safety as it didn't look like he had the quick hips to turn and run with speed receivers. Some teams will still consider Johnson at corner. He looks like a bit of a tweener. Johnson is taking a lot of pre-draft visits around the NFL but he also has character concerns that teams want to check out.

Johnson held his own against Tennessee in the first game of the 2011 season with seven tackles, a pass broken up and a forced fumble. He had 54 tackles with six tackles for a loss, two interceptions and 12 passes broken up this year.

8/26/11: FCS standout Trumaine Johnson has an excellent combination of size and speed. He became a starter as a true freshman and recorded four interceptions. In 2009, despite missing four games, Johnson had five interceptions with 12 passes broken up and 54 tackles on the season. Last year, he had four interceptions with seven passes defensed and 44 tackles. Johnson needs to have another standout season playing against weaker competition, but his physical tools and consistent production should make him a mid-round pick.

thar she blows...

Two things:

The first has to do with the mock draft. The ONLY team I see Burflict going to and actually staying out of trouble would be Baltimore because Ray would put a foot in his ass from day 1!!! Ray aint gonna let that shit happen in HIS locker room.....PERIOD!

Secondly, Trumaine has been my pick for the Bears for two years now. It was either him or a 6-2 or 6-3 CB from Illinois State by the name of Malcolm. I think that may have been his last name. But either way, I was hoping the Bears would get a tall DB to match up with Megatron and the likes of guys like Andre Johnson, Moss, etc! We are DEFINITELY thinking on the same wave length with Johnson! HELL, I actually had this guy on my Madden 2011 squad on PS3. He is a monster in bump 'n' run coverage on the virtual gridiron. Maybe he'd be the same in real life as well!

EDIT: Jermaine Malcolm from Illinois State a couple years ago (6-4 210) was the guy i was thinking of!
http://www.goredbirds.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/malcolm_jermaine00.html

Last edited: