DX releases results

Basghetti80

Liked Posts:
I have to tell you Hansbrough looks even better with these results. Barring a trade we have to consider him at 16. His size and results are much much better than I anticipated.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Looks like people are starting to grow on Psycho T. And to think that not too long ago the thought of drafting him at 16 would've had the community up in arms.

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
I don't understand why so many people are surprised what he's shown thus far. If you watched him in college you know that he wasn't anything like the "experts" were trying to paint him as.

pyobuttah

Liked Posts:
He is going to be a contributor and at least play a while in the league! He is a scrappy player like Laettner, but tougher and not as skilled offensively! Think of a Luis Scola type w/ more athleticism!

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
Whoever drafts Austin Daye is an idiot. He's a beanpole, he can't benchpress the weight once, and was the slowest guy there. Pathetic.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
??? ?????? wrote:
Whoever drafts Austin Daye is an idiot. He's a beanpole, he can't benchpress the weight once, and was the slowest guy there. Pathetic.
I do remember not so long ago there were people begging the Bulls to draft Daye.

Simeon2UC

Liked Posts:
I'm one of them guys that wants Daye to come here. I think he can provide the role of Okur his first year. Eventually, once he gets strong, you're looking at a difference maker. You guys want Hansbrough, no knock on him but the odds are on him sooner than Daye. We all kow Daye is weak as paper clips but he's more skilled than Hansbrough. Besides, him and Rose in the pick and pop would cause mismatch problems for days. I think he has a lot of "balls" to hold his own at such fragile weight. A comparison should be made, people doubted Prince because of his strength but managed to prove people wrong that went ahead of him. If you watch the interview he had with JG from Draftexpress, Daye was ticked off when those guys mentioned the weight issue and he'll put the muscle on sooner than people think. Daye held his own against talents like UNC and other powerhouses. My gos, he shot over 42% from distance!

Seth

Liked Posts:
Tayshaun Prince really is exceptional in his skill around the basket considering his body type. Yet, he still isn't great offensively, and a lot of his good reputation comes from his defense-- a skill that's pretty difficult to gauge in the draft. All I'm saying is that using Tayshaun Prince as a model really is a serious longshot when you're drafting.

Simeon2UC

Liked Posts:
In case you all don't know, I want Bulls to draft BJ Mullens with 16 then Rodrique Beaubois with the 26th pick. BJ probably won't give you much in his first year with the exception of rebounding. I think he will make Noah job much better because you can pair them two "Twin Towers" and cause havoc far as their talent. My outlook on Mullens is his touch around the rim; he has the ability to get easy buckets in transition. He'll thrive on the court with Rose because Rose will make his overall game better. Unlike Tyrus, Mullens plays around the rim adaptively. Rodrique Beaubois, secondly, has unbelievable potential. This guy has a 6'10'' wingspan and a 38 inch vertical that thrives on fast breaks. He reminds me of Rondo because of his appearance and his defensive tools. His jumpshot his much better than Rondo. He shoots well beyond the three point line.

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
Doug, did Carroll not do the agility/vertical/speed/strength stuff because of his ankle injury?

Also, same stuff missing for Thabeet too.

dougthonus

Liked Posts:
Both guys didn't workout.

I doubt this rocks anyone's world, but this seemed like a good place to mention it and as good a time to mention it as any. This year, the draft camp stats had new fields for no step vert reach and max vert reach. The fields are just vert + reach (they calculate vert by having them jump and see how high they reach and subtracting reach), so though the info isn't really new per se, I added it to the dx measurement tool.

So if you were somehow dying for someone to do that simple math for you, I've now accomplished that feat. It does add something at least somewhat interesting when you sort it though because it allows you to more easily compare how high someone can play when looking at their height/vert combined. Personally, I think it's most interesting to look at no step vert + reach.

chi_hawks_23

Liked Posts:
dougthonus wrote:
Both guys didn't workout.

I doubt this rocks anyone's world, but this seemed like a good place to mention it and as good a time to mention it as any. This year, the draft camp stats had new fields for no step vert reach and max vert reach. The fields are just vert + reach (they calculate vert by having them jump and see how high they reach and subtracting reach), so though the info isn't really new per se, I added it to the dx measurement tool.

So if you were somehow dying for someone to do that simple math for you, I've now accomplished that feat. It does add something at least somewhat interesting when you sort it though because it allows you to more easily compare how high someone can play when looking at their height/vert combined. Personally, I think it's most interesting to look at no step vert + reach.

I was comparing Hansbrough to Griffin, and the only major differences were that no-standing vertical and bench press (aside from obvious basketball talent). I think that no-step vertical is big when it comes to a players ability to clean up around the boards and dunk offensive rebounds. That is where I think Tyler will be seen as a "below the rim" player...and Griffin as an "above the rim" player. Being able to gather the rebound and go right back up, w/o needing to take a step or lower the ball, is critical.