legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Sproles v Cohen is like Mighty Mouse v ant man. Betting Cohen has a damn day in this one. Eagles back 7 is poor

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
It's been a long time since I've posted here...

Anyway, here's the match ups that I think will determine the game:

Eagles OL vs. Bears DL - Bears have dominated almost every OL they have faced this year and many other groups, primarily the DBs have benefited. The Eagles OL has been playing extremely well of late and if the can hold your DL in check it will expose a secondary that's covering anticipating a pass rush.

Bears Tackles vs Eagles DEs - Leno has been much improved and Massie, despite being probably the worst OL of that group, has been passable. They face Graham, Bennett and Long.

Mitch vs. Mitch - The Eagles have faced a few QBs this year where they sell out to stop the run. This will be no different. If Mitch can stay calm while Cox, Graham, Bennett and Long are coming after him and deliver strikes then the Bears will win. If he's not comfortable and always looking to run then it will be a different game.

It should be a close game. I'm thinking it will be a lot closer than the Vegas spread. Personally I think the game will be decided by 3 points and whomever has the better kicker on Sunday might be the winning team.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:

Eagles OL vs. Bears DL - Bears have dominated almost every OL they have faced this year and many other groups, primarily the DBs have benefited. The Eagles OL has been playing extremely well of late and if the can hold your DL in check it will expose a secondary that's covering anticipating a pass rush.

Bears Tackles vs Eagles DEs - Leno has been much improved and Massie, despite being probably the worst OL of that group, has been passable. They face Graham, Bennett and Long.

Mitch vs. Mitch - The Eagles have faced a few QBs this year where they sell out to stop the run. This will be no different. If Mitch can stay calm while Cox, Graham, Bennett and Long are coming after him and deliver strikes then the Bears will win. If he's not comfortable and always looking to run then it will be a different game.

It should be a close game. I'm thinking it will be a lot closer than the Vegas spread. Personally I think the game will be decided by 3 points and whomever has the better kicker on Sunday might be the winning team.

So you are saying the Eagles win.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
I would agree and even say that I've seen the DL stunt quite a bit lately, having Mack loop into the middle as well. BUT, I think the point is that Foles doesn't hold the ball that long, which is why he's sacked less than the much more mobile and physically talented Wentz.

Foles has been getting the ball out quicker, but the OL has been playing a lot better of late. Lane Johnson has went from being quite a let down to being a very reliable solo blocker. Something to watch is Jason Peters. He's not what he once was and has left games fairly regularly with a quad injury.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
So you are saying the Eagles win.

Long time Les.

Maybe. They are playing with house money and this team just is starting to feel like the the 2017 one. There's no underdog mask, but they are doing this ski mask thing on defense where anything they get they have to take. Not a bad little gimmick.

We'll see. Chicago at home is no joke. Most Philly beat writers are giving this one to the Bears. I just think it will be a close game and in those situations field goals made/missed do matter.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Long time Les.

Maybe. They are playing with house money and this team just is starting to feel like the the 2017 one. There's no underdog mask, but they are doing this ski mask thing on defense where anything they get they have to take. Not a bad little gimmick.

We'll see. Chicago at home is no joke. Most Philly beat writers are giving this one to the Bears. I just think it will be a close game and in those situations field goals made/missed do matter.

Been quite awhile. Yes, I think you could peruse through some of the latest threads and most posters here have ZERO faith in Parkey, and with good reason. I'll be curious to see if Nagy takes the chance from Parkey and gets agressive on 4th down and/or goes for 2 point conversions. We saw him do as much after Parkey's terrible goal post game.

Which brings up another concern, the Bears have been susceptible to a few "trick" plays this season, which led to a couple losses. I wonder if PHI will "get cute" with some trick plays this game?

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
*The Eagles defense features a tough tackling front 7 that is difficult to run on, but their pass defense is almost completely reliant on blitzes. Nagy should be able to out-gameplan Jim Schwartz here.

*Eagles did a fantastic job in keeping Foles upright against the tough Texans and Rams defenses. Sproles is annoyingly good at picking up 1st downs on draws and dumpoffs...two things that could counteract the Bears pass rush.
- Foles can get the ball out quick and take advantage of McManis and Bush, and Sproles run-after-catch could be a big part of that.

- Hopefully Eddie Jackson will be near 100%. But if not, Foles being able to do that all game against this Bears defense seems unlikely, considering Fangio will make adjustments to take away what's working for Foles.

- You never can tell if a good rush defense is going to stop a team (Eagles D), sometimes a team just goes out there and puts up 150+ on a top 5 run defense... and sometimes the Bears rush has been shutdown. I think Long, OL, Nagy, Howard, Cohen have figured it out & clicking, so I think it's unlikely Eagles totally shut them down...

- But more importantly, even if Bears struggle rushing Howard up the gut, Nagy has developed so many different schemes/plays/players/disguises to get 1st dwns that I don't think it would matter enough -- cause Trubisky has been so so sharp these last 3 games, I can't see Eagles shutting them down all game.

- Now if Bears are without Miller, Robinson and Gabriel... it could be close, but I still think we'd win with Cohen & Burton, and Sheheen, Bellamy, Wims & White doing enough. With Robinson, I don't think this game will ever look like Bears are not in complete control of this game.

Bears 24 Eagles 13

Toast88

Liked Posts:
24-17 Bears. I'm going to be on my knees praying everytime Parkey is kicking a field goal, or even an extra point. Maybe we should just go for 2 every time?

Statistically, they should. One day, that’ll happen.

iffybiz

Liked Posts:

A few things I have on your comments.
The Bears secondary doesn’t play the way most teams with a strong pass rush do. They rarely play press, just enough to keep teams guessing. They play some matchup zones, cover two and three and an occasional single high safety. They hide their coverages very well. They all tackle very well. Basically, they’ll give you a 3-4 yard pass and take you down immediately. If/when you get greedy and want more, they’ll take the ball away or sack you.
We’ve heard every week that “this OL will stop the Bears.” None do. First off any team dumb enough to block Mack solo should go out and buy more insurance for their QB, can’t be done. This means that everyone else gets solo blocks and everyone else can beat solo blocks too.
There’s also been a lot made of Mitch’s running. Around mid-season opposing teams started playing man-to-man against the Bears, mostly because the Bears receivers were getting wide open in the zones being played. The solution was simple, if your defense is going to turn its back on Mitch, he’s going to run.
Teams have gone back to zones against the Bears and he’s run less. It not as much running because the pass rush is closing in, it’s taking what the defense gives you.
The thing that hurts Trubisky the most is just getting too hyper and putting too much on the ball. He’s been much better in that regard lately.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mjiton

Liked Posts:
A few things I have on your comments.
The Bears secondary doesn’t play the way most teams with a strong pass rush do. They rarely play press, just enough to keep teams guessing. They play some matchup zones, cover two and three and an occasional single high safety. They hide their coverages very well. They all tackle very well. Basically, they’ll give you a 3-4 yard pass and take you down immediately. If/when you get greedy and want more, they’ll take the ball away or sack you.
We’ve heard every week that “this OL will stop the Bears.” None do. First off any team dumb enough to block Mack solo should go out and buy more insurance for their QB, can’t be done. This means that everyone else gets solo blocks and everyone else can beat solo blocks too.
There’s also been a lot made of Mitch’s running. Around mid-season opposing teams started playing man-to-man against the Bears, mostly because the Bears receivers were getting wide open in the zones being played. The solution was simple, if your defense is going to turn its back on Mitch, he’s going to run.
Teams have gone back to zones against the Bears and he’s run less. It not as much running because the pass rush is closing in, it’s taking what the defense gives you.
The thing that hurts Trubisky the most is just getting too hyper and putting too much on the ball. He’s been much better in that regard lately.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's also like Trey Burton said. Sometimes when Mitch throws to a spot, Burton runs too shallow & he needs to get to his spot. Because Mitch hasn't progressed to the point of avoiding the rush/looking off/spotting coverage/and then also seeing if Burton isn't getting deep enough into his route. I bet AntMil did that a lot too. Sometimes getting all that separation AntMil gets takes him off his spot.

People should remember Mitch isn't the only one learning and getting used to this system.

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think it comes down to the two offensive schemes vs the Defenses. Can the Eagles use enough misdirection to slow down the Bears defense enough to score TDs instead of FGs? The Bears are probably the fastest defense the Eagles have faced all year. YAC will be big in this game. It’s been a while since this D has given up a busted play for big yards. Two of Reid’s most recent disciples going head to head should be exciting. TBH, I think the Eagles pass rush will be similar to the Vikings last week. The Bears should be able to put together a few sustained drives and TDs on a few trips to the Red Zone.

Yeah... I know the Eagles fans are all excited because their team is “coming on hot” at the right time... but

Even the highlights of their game against the Skins could do nothing but make me laugh. Washington, with its try hard 17th ranked total defense, 15th against the pass and 17th vs the run. Combined with their Offense (28th overall) that’s gone nowhere since their QBs started dropping like flies, were barely a challenge and should have been blown out by Philly. (Points in the 30’s not 20’s due to today’s offensive averages) A plus was Foles still threw a silly INT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

34_Bear

Liked Posts:
Sarah Spain commented today on the red zone defense of the Eagles being good so I will pay heed to that observation. I hope it doesn't come down to kicks. My meathead analysis is that Foles will be done after the first quarter with broken ribs and turnovers. Bears defense will completely dominate this game. Bears 36 Eagles -20.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Whichever offensive line neutralizes the opposing pass rush and establishes a competent ground game, will win this game.

Swimm

Liked Posts:
Foles has been getting the ball out quicker, but the OL has been playing a lot better of late. Lane Johnson has went from being quite a let down to being a very reliable solo blocker. Something to watch is Jason Peters. He's not what he once was and has left games fairly regularly with a quad injury.

Lane Johnson has been playing through some injuries all season and they have hampered his performance. But Healthy Lane Johnson is the best RT in football.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It's also like Trey Burton said. Sometimes when Mitch throws to a spot, Burton runs too shallow & he needs to get to his spot. Because Mitch hasn't progressed to the point of avoiding the rush/looking off/spotting coverage/and then also seeing if Burton isn't getting deep enough into his route. I bet AntMil did that a lot too. Sometimes getting all that separation AntMil gets takes him off his spot.

People should remember Mitch isn't the only one learning and getting used to this system.

Burton is an asset but I expected better routes from an ex WR and him to be better at running through CBs due to his size.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
The Eagles are the worst pass defense the Bears faced all season. I expect Mitch to have a comfortable day throwing more then 10yds.

I don’t see how the defense allows more then 2 TDs.

BEARS 31-13