Eagles putting all the eggs in one nest

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Was on the Eagles board and I would say 98% of those fans like this move. That being said most of them are saying that because of the injury history this is a gamble, but a gamble worth taking.
Which eagles board?

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yikes that's a lot of money for Wentz considering where he sits in the pantheon of current NFL QB's.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
While I think he will do it, Trubs still needs to demonstrate a capacity to improve under Nagy's system, before getting his paycheck. There is plenty of time and no need to rush a deal before his contract year. All in all, I think Trubs realizes he is in a good situation and if he does continue to improve, Nagy's role will have had a large impact. Also, Nagy has made his offense very QB friendly...just shovel pass or dump it off to this wide open guy because of a brilliant play design.
While I agree, we're stretching the field this year.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I believe Trubisky will have a better year, but will still have his share of wtf throws. This is the kinda money you'll have to pony up to resign him...over 100MM. Anyone who thinks a benefit of Mitch being middle-of-the-road is that we could sign him to a reasonable extension is in for a rude awakening. These guys are getting money based on future potential. Not what they really are.
They almost all have what look like WTF throws.The issue is whether he has more than his share like last year.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I agree with all of this. For whatever reason I have this gut feeling that if and when Mitch proves to be the franchise QB he is going to take a home town discount.

Why? Because Mitch is a "good guy"?

Mitch is in an interesting situation. The Bears will have to decide between the end of this year and the start of the next if they want to exercise his fifth year option. If they do exercise the option, he will become a top ten paid QB in 2021. What makes this really interesting is that the CBA expires at the end of 2020, and Mitch's option year could potentially be a lock-out year. I am quite sure Mitch and his agent are well aware of this fact, and will want a heavily front loaded big signing bonus contract if the Bears try to re-sign/extend him.

Last edited:

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
IDK, he definitely is not an iron man and the team, not necessarily the backup QB, has played better on the whole when he's been out. I would have made him show me something in the upcoming season. It's just not warranted as I see it.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Rodgers is gon want to renegotiate now

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
IDK, he definitely is not an iron man and the team, not necessarily the backup QB, has played better on the whole when he's been out. I would have made him show me something in the upcoming season. It's just not warranted as I see it.
They gave up 30pts to the Giants when he was out. Offense only scored 16pts vs the pathetic Lions when he sat. He may not be good but your first sentence torpedoes any point you were trying to make.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
They gave up 30pts to the Giants when he was out. Offense only scored 16pts vs the pathetic Lions when he sat. He may not be good but your first sentence torpedoes any point you were trying to make.
Thats why he used the words ON THE WHOLE instead of a few cherry picked games...

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Thats why he used the words ON THE WHOLE instead of a few cherry picked games...

And I just proved he was wrong. Thanks though

Giants game -- entire team, especially Chase, played like shit
Lions T'Giving game-- entire team struggles to put away a team they just previously blew the fuck out

What was your point dipshit?

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers

Lions T'Giving game-- entire team struggles to put away a team they just previously blew the fuck out

I thought Sparto was talking about Wentz, not Trubisky.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I thought Sparto was talking about Wentz, not Trubisky.
You're right, had 2 threads open. I feel pretty fucking stupid right about now--thought this was the Trubisky "no big stats" thread. Spartan's post was actually correct--I'll STFU now

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Foles is the McCown of the Eagles and will be meh again. Eagles know this and that Wentz if their future. They just need to get him to protect himself better. Discretion is the better part of valor for mobile QBs.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
You're right, had 2 threads open. I feel pretty fucking stupid right about now--thought this was the Trubisky "no big stats" thread. Spartan's post was actually correct--I'll STFU now

This was probably his most level headed post ever, pretty shocking actually.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Looking at 1 game here or there will not do justice to any argument. They won a Super Bowl when he was out and the following year they were all but eliminated from the playoffs and then snuck back in when he was out.

Visionman

Liked Posts:

ON. THE. WHOLE.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Looking at 1 game here or there will not do justice to any argument. They won a Super Bowl when he was out and the following year they were all but eliminated from the playoffs and then snuck back in when he was out.
We're talking about different QB's since I don't have any reading comprehension. I thought you were discussing Trubs while you were correctly discussing Wentz/Foles.