Early Prediction of the Chicago Cubs Roster

MRubio52

Liked Posts:
Out of curiousity why do you want Jay Jackson to get a rotation spot over the Scotts and Villanueva?

Ditto. Or Dido

[video=youtube_share;1TO48Cnl66w]http://youtu.be/1TO48Cnl66w[/video]

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think if JJ makes the team, it'll be in the 'pen. He's starting to get bullpen time in Triple A.

Anno Catuli

World Series Dreaming
Liked Posts:
there is no room for him even in the pen.

He isn't even on the 40 man roster

dabears253313

Liked Posts:
Out of curiousity why do you want Jay Jackson to get a rotation spot over the Scotts and Villanueva?

He's just someone I have liked for a few years. He played great a few years back but has struggled the past two seasons. He was possibly going to get called up in 2011 after having a good 2010 season but it didn't happen. I know he was put in the bullpen last season but he can still start.

I wasn't saying he was the best or anything, I've just been anxious to see him come up, kind of like how I am anxious for players like Javier Baez and Albert Almora to come up as well.

Anno Catuli

World Series Dreaming
Liked Posts:
He's just someone I have liked for a few years. He played great a few years back but has struggled the past two seasons. He was possibly going to get called up in 2011 after having a good 2010 season but it didn't happen. I know he was put in the bullpen last season but he can still start.

I wasn't saying he was the best or anything, I've just been anxious to see him come up, kind of like how I am anxious for players like Javier Baez and Albert Almora to come up as well.

After a few rough seasons, he has kinda fallen off the map. He is going to have to re earn his chance.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:

I can understand that, but it isn't going to happen. He really struggled in AAA last year when I watched him and he really is behind Rusin, Raley, and probably Struck, Loux, and Cabrera. I think Jackson is a long shot to make it Chicago given his recent performance, but crazier things have happened.

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
He's still September call-up possibility, but since he's not on the 40-man roster, that hurts his chances a lot. And prolly a reason he won't get a call-up.

Anno Catuli

World Series Dreaming
Liked Posts:
He's still September call-up possibility, but since he's not on the 40-man roster, that hurts his chances a lot. And prolly a reason he won't get a call-up.

Not unless a few pitchers get traded this season.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not unless a few pitchers get traded this season.

And even then I think Vizcaino, Cabrera, Loux, Struck, Rusin and Raley are all ahead of Jackson who is going to struggle to make Iowa's rotation this year if I had to guess.

Anno Catuli

World Series Dreaming
Liked Posts:
And even then I think Vizcaino, Cabrera, Loux, Struck, Rusin and Raley are all ahead of Jackson who is going to struggle to make Iowa's rotation this year if I had to guess.

Then there is that.

I think Double J's days as a prospect are over.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
lol are we seriously talking about Jay Jackson right now?

dabears253313

Liked Posts:
I can understand that, but it isn't going to happen. He really struggled in AAA last year when I watched him and he really is behind Rusin, Raley, and probably Struck, Loux, and Cabrera. I think Jackson is a long shot to make it Chicago given his recent performance, but crazier things have happened.

Yeah I don't think he has the best chance of making the roster, I just had him on the roster that I would like to see and I left him off of what I think the opening day roster will be.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Yeah I don't think he has the best chance of making the roster, I just had him on the roster that I would like to see and I left him off of what I think the opening day roster will be.

He legitimately sucks though, not even on our Top 30 prospects list this year from the BA Prospect Handbook nor was he even the bonus prospect from the supplement. Plus a 6.57 ERA for Iowa.

MRubio52

Liked Posts:
Similar to the angst I sometimes hear over Campana not making the team . I like the hustle and the speed but if he's not on the team big whup .

Yeah it's not exactly a tragedy if Campana doesn't make the 40 man. He's not helping the Cubs out much in the larger scheme of things.

BTW, remember Sam Fuld?

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah it's not exactly a tragedy if Campana doesn't make the 40 man. He's not helping the Cubs out much in the larger scheme of things.

BTW, remember Sam Fuld?

The thing with Sam Fuld...he was probably better at defense and got on base more.