End of game drive, playing to win intead of playing not to lose.

SERE Bear

Drinking da Bears better
Donator
Liked Posts:
I cant tell you how happy I was with Nagys play calling at the end of the game. In years past we would have ran the ball up the gut 3 times to force the 49ers to use thier timeouts and then punted. The two passes for first downs was Nagy telling the O to go win the game and I for one appreciate the aggressiveness. AR not securing the ball and not treating it like the most important thing in the world at that moment doesn’t take away from this “go win it” mentality for me.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I cant tell you how happy I was with Nagys play calling at the end of the game. In years past we would have ran the ball up the gut 3 times to force the 49ers to use thier timeouts and then punted. The two passes for first downs was Nagy telling the O to go win the game and I for one appreciate the aggressiveness. AR not securing the ball and treating it like the most important thing in the world at that moment doesn’t take away from this “go win it” mentality for me.

If Robinson doesn't fumble, Bears effectively kill the last 7:30 correct?

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
It was great play calling and showed Mitch’s development. In week 1 we couldn’t count on Mitch to win us the game and now for 2 weeks in a row Mitch came up huge when we needed him most.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Newblood

Liked Posts:
7:37 according to play by play box score

That may have been when they took possession, but I don't think that was the time when they converted that 1st down that ARob fumbled.

Doesn't sound right.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Agree completely. That was awesome to see. The Bears are growing as a team, and Nagy is growing as a head coach.

SERE Bear

Drinking da Bears better
Donator
Liked Posts:
7:37 according to play by play box score

So the Bears woyld have effectively killed the last 7 mins of the clock if AR secured the ball? Damn! That is winning football.

It may seem like Im down on AR, Im not. He and everyone else will learn from this.

pfcmsh

Liked Posts:
I cant look it up right now but I thought it was 4:30 when the Bears got the ball.

According the The Score radio Bear discussion this morning, the clock was 4 minutes and change left when #12 got the ball tomahawked out of his grasp. I do not know for certain, because I have not watched the game again, but I will.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
According the The Score radio Bear discussion this morning, the clock was 4 minutes and change left when #12 got the ball tomahawked out of his grasp. I do not know for certain, because I have not watched the game again, but I will.

That's completely incorrect. The game log in a prior post proves that.

Bear Nation

Liked Posts:
I was at the game yesterday. Robinson’s catch and fumble came on the first play after the 2 minute warning. I was wondering why he didn’t just drop down on the field after getting the 1st Down.

What?!?!

Liked Posts:
I was at the game yesterday. Robinson’s catch and fumble came on the first play after the 2 minute warning. I was wondering why he didn’t just drop down on the field after getting the 1st Down.
I watched the game on tv yesterday and can confirm thats what happened.

Monster

Liked Posts:
San Fran’s first play after the fumble was at 1:52 left in the 4th.

Rob Noxious

Liked Posts:
Correct. If A-Rob gets down, you kneel 3 times and win the game.

For the people mad the Bears didn’t just go for a touchdown on the interception at the end of the Rams game, the A-Rob fumble is why.

Good point

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:

The score is obviously wrong. How could the Bears have run out the clock if Robinson had just caught the ball and dropped to ground? Sorry, but the victory formation is not run at 4 minutes plus.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

I think that thought crossed a few minds yesterday! Guy screwed up, period, could have cost his team the game. But he didn’t and hopefully he learned, everyone learned, to think a bit better. But it is also a win. So there is that.