Epstein Could Be Greatest Exec In MLB History

Liked Posts:
Let me humbly preface this by eating copious amounts of crow. Maybe two years back I thought Theo had delivered a death sentence to Cubs baseball. I looked at our lack of pitching in the farm system and couldn't envision us having the necessary pitching staff/bullpen to win at the major league level. I saw Rizzo, Castro, and Baez as just didn't see enough offense.

Boy was I ignorant. Epstein drafted Bryant and Schwarber and acquired Addison Russell and Jake Arrieta. Then he signed Lester, brought back Hammel and acquired Fowler. Next thing you know we probably have the brightest future of any organization in the league.

Epstein accomplished so much in Boston. He won two World Series and his finger prints were all over their third title. Now he's completely rebuilt one of the most dysfunctional organizations and worst, most crippled rosters in all of baseball into a juggernaut that is primed for a decade-long run. A realistic scenario is making the playoffs seven of the next ten years and breaking through one time to win a World Series. Should that scenario unfold, Theo has to go down as the greatest Exec in MLB history.

He'll have taken the two single biggest challenges in baseball - bringing titles to Boston and Chicago -- and conquering it. Usually I hate being wrong -- but man it feels good. Epstein took so much heat from clowns like me who failed to see his vision but he stayed the course and now look at us. We're on pace for 92 freaking wins - which is way beyond my expectations for a team starting 4 rookies. Has that ever even been done before?

It seems to me like we have a good chance of punching through one of these years over the next decade. And if we do Theo Epstein will be Chicago's greatest sports Hero. He'll be a beloved Icon of unimaginable proportions. Epstein, Hoyer and Maddon are embarking on a quest for sports Holy Grail -- the Cubs World Series Title. I can't think of anything more amazing than being in Chicago when it happens.

Ron Santo and Ernie Banks -- this one is for you. Theo's gonna bring it home for us.

You write this as the fantasy of waxing Theo's knob overwhelms your mental capacity.

He has potential to be the best in Cubs history. Let it play out for another 10 years

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
You write this as the fantasy of waxing Theo's knob overwhelms your mental capacity.

He has potential to be the best in Cubs history. Let it play out for another 10 years

Because clearly a guy named CuttyMarsh2012forOffice must be the highest intelligence amongst all of sports fandom.

Zvbxrpl

Liked Posts:
If he pulls it off, he's definitely in the conversation.

But its kinda hard to say he's better than George Steinbrenner.

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
Maybe the Cubs should win a playoff game before we crown his ass? Some fans are so desperate they can't just enjoy a good thing without trying to elevate it to GOAT.