ESPN analyst- bears had worst offseason

Visionman

Liked Posts:
I think HaHa will return to dominant form in this defense...when he isn't asked to carry to heavy a load. SAfeties get punished and suffer on bad defenses...but on good defenses they have fun and destroy, ball hawk, and keep fresher longer in games and longer in the season.

Maybe the Packers defense rebounds and Amos will be ok...I'd like to see him do well enough not to be embarrassed and a contract burden...but I loved watching HaHa at Alabama and can't wait to see him in a ball hawk role again. I think he should be motivated to prove himself big time, and it would be great to have a crimson tandem get locked up long term.

Just FYI...Whitman(Hitman) and Gholston are two Fangio safeties that

denmark fits the poor mans Derwin James mold of a superfreak athlete with hands...and I'm excited to see if Pagano can make him the dream big nickel 3rd safety in desired situations in a year or two.

Shelley already makes me feel more confident about corner depth and nickel. The safety depth is good for 2019. The OLB depth is good for 2019.

Nichols promises to ensure the DE depth is ripe.

This should be a fantastic year defensively and it gives them a whole year to figure out 2020. I feel they are a year ahead of problems on defense. Have a stale o-line. And a young WR/RB crew that needs a year of seasoning to ripen with their QB. Maybe they can peak for the playoffs. But next off-season they will have to make hard choices on defense, and put whatever they have to invest into O-line and TE and get some proper blocking.

The situation might make Shaheen the most important player on the team other than Trubisky. They need Shaheen and Long to bounce back and have great years. Massie and Leno kinda just are what they are, and Massie would be called eccentric if we were talking minds. His body is extreme road grader....its not that he is bad...he is just a road grader and needs a TE like Shaheen that can be a 50/50 threat to chip or dangerous routes. Sowell next to Massie is certainly interesting..with fucking Whitehair and Daniels and Long pulling out...fucking scary. Then they have a DT they can throw at you there as well soon. Hilarious.

Montgomery is a bag of tricks guy, they have Nall to smash and trash you, and then a couple home run hitters in Cohen/White. A reliable and known quantity in Davis....

This season is gonna be fun.
Wait...why do you not want to see Amos a contract burden on the Packers???

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wait...why do you not want to see Amos a contract burden on the Packers???
We know he tackles above his weight but will be nothing special if overburdened or asked to cover too much field.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So when a HB is assigned to block on a passing play, he becomes an OL? rofl, the fuck out of here with this nonsense.

I don't know how you could have possibly picked a worse comparison so I will have to give you kudos for that. Clearly if you're going to ignore the fact a player at a different position picking up another position's assignment is literally them playing that position...we have nothing further to discuss.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
We know he tackles above his weight but will be nothing special if overburdened or asked to cover too much field.

Yes. He simply doesn't have the range to hang with a bonafide free safety's speed.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
I don't know how you could have possibly picked a worse comparison so I will have to give you kudos for that. Clearly if you're going to ignore the fact a player at a different position picking up another position's assignment is literally them playing that position...we have nothing further to discuss.
LOL...really want to see you and nc0gnet0 in a debate...

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Cycling out a linebacker into coverage or blitzing and replacing him with a safety isn't the same thing at all as just bringing a safety down into the box.
uh, it literally is. like literally literally.

whats more, its completely routine and bare minimum.

NFL is littered with safeties that are competent in the box and iffy in coverage. Absolutely nothing special about a box safety.

No its not. The safety's responsibility isn't the same under one scenario versus the other...
So in your scenario he also plays rush DE when he is brought in on a blitz, because by your logic every level of the defense has a very pigeon hold assignment. Lineman rush, LBers defend RB's and DB's cover receiving targets. By your logic Floyd played DB with regularity last season, with Akiem hicks even getting a few reps there as well.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
uh, it literally is. like literally literally.

whats more, its completely routine and bare minimum.

NFL is littered with safeties that are competent in the box and iffy in coverage. Absolutely nothing special about a box safety.
If you are a below average coverage safety that can't play in the box, you know what you are called? A real estate agent

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
If you are a below average coverage safety that can't play in the box, you know what you are called? A real estate agent

But I heard Adrian Amos' weakness is that "he doesn't cover a lot of real estate".