Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Talking about Renee Zellwegger makes me a cunt? Strange. I'd rather cape for Zellwegger than Amos.
He just raging because he's in the Sarah Jessica Parker camp. Her versatility is so underrated.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Coincidentally, Rex Ryan was the first football coach to use his S as an LB.
pre or post snap? Also, I heard he called that hybrid position the bunion.

Last edited:

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Seriously. Do you really not understand the concept of dropping a safety to linebacker? Its not like this shit is new and Fangio is one of the masterminds behind playing coverage.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Seriously. Do you really not understand the concept of dropping a safety to linebacker? Its not like this shit is new and Fangio is one of the masterminds behind playing coverage.
Fangio is actually considered one of the best at disguising coverages and was routinely praised for it during broadcasters. One instance that immediately comes to mind is the Eddie Jackson pick six on thanksgiving that Romo attributed to the coverage fooling @nc0gnet0s boy Stafford

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If I had to right now name the prototypical flex safety, like I'm talking about here, that a defensive coordinator like Fangio would nut himself over having it would be Derwin James. If the Bears had drafted Derwin James you would have seen schematic fuckery on a level that would have set the league on fire. I'm talking about a prolific defensive backfield that no quarterback would have wanted to fuck with between Fuller, James and Jackson.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You have a classic case of revisionist history because Amos was never good at generating interceptions and did miss a few opportunities but he rarely missed an assignment. Calling either of those a lot is being disingenuous. That is a fact.

Maybe he didn't miss assignments much but Fangio also did not ask him to do all that much in coverage. Which is smart of Fangio. But if you watch, in two deep looks, Amos was usually only responsible for about 1/3 of the field with Jackson covering 2/3.

Amos was solid in the box, but Fangio had to scheme to protect him from getting exposed in the intermediate to deep pass game. Amos was/is just a role player. Solid if he has help around him, but nothing you tie too much money up with and a guy you always have an eye out for upgrading.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Please define deploying a safety as a linebacker post snap. WTF does that even mean? And honestly even show me where he had him line up as a LB. Bringing a safety into the box is not lining him up at LB.

I literally had this exact same argument with xero before. So dumb. Oh the Amos can play in the box. Whoopty do. Just about every starting safety in the NFL can.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Cycling out a linebacker into coverage or blitzing and replacing him with a safety isn't the same thing at all as just bringing a safety down into the box. Cmon man. Why do you think that the Chargers list 3 starting safeties? Because they actually all start and Derwin James is being moved all around the field dynamically. And before some idiot comes along saying Amos isn't James...well no shit. Its just another example of a safety providing schematic flexibility.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cycling out a linebacker into coverage or blitzing and replacing him with a safety isn't the same thing at all as just bringing a safety down into the box.

uh, it literally is. like literally literally.

whats more, its completely routine and bare minimum.

NFL is littered with safeties that are competent in the box and iffy in coverage. Absolutely nothing special about a box safety.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
No its not. The safety's responsibility isn't the same under one scenario versus the other...

Porkchop

Liked Posts:
Even the biggest hater would have a hard time justifying the Bears having the worst offseason.

They didn't acquire that big-time free agent, but a lot of teams lost said big-time free agent (looking at you Steelers). Others were looking to acquire that big-time free agent to take their team up a notch and whiffed (looking at you Baltimore). Others were mediocre or sucked and did next to nothing to fix the suck.

Bears are probably the one team in the league that stands to gain the most from doing nothing. They're extremely young and talented. Guys like Jackson, Nichols, Goldman and Smith will stand to make strides with another year of experience. Ha-Ha will be placed in the best position he's had in his entire career by a wide margin.

The two reasons the Bears had the "worst offseason" are just nonsensical. I get that kicker is a huge question mark, but there are only so few elite kickers in the league (and they're all pretty much under contract or too expensive) and you cannot do any worse than Parkey last year. Like many others said, I liked Fangio and I felt he did a ton to bring back the ferocious attitude of the Bears defense. That being said, I think Pagano can take this unit to the next level by adding some needed wrinkles into the system. The Bears defense was great but sometimes predictable and vanilla. They need to be a bit more aggressive. Pagano is underrated. He was unheralded but quite good in Baltimore. He had very good personnel there, but he'll have even better personnel here.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Maybe he didn't miss assignments much but Fangio also did not ask him to do all that much in coverage. Which is smart of Fangio. But if you watch, in two deep looks, Amos was usually only responsible for about 1/3 of the field with Jackson covering 2/3.

Amos was solid in the box, but Fangio had to scheme to protect him from getting exposed in the intermediate to deep pass game. Amos was/is just a role player. Solid if he has help around him, but nothing you tie too much money up with and a guy you always have an eye out for upgrading.

I think HaHa will return to dominant form in this defense...when he isn't asked to carry to heavy a load. SAfeties get punished and suffer on bad defenses...but on good defenses they have fun and destroy, ball hawk, and keep fresher longer in games and longer in the season.

Maybe the Packers defense rebounds and Amos will be ok...I'd like to see him do well enough not to be embarrassed and a contract burden...but I loved watching HaHa at Alabama and can't wait to see him in a ball hawk role again. I think he should be motivated to prove himself big time, and it would be great to have a crimson tandem get locked up long term.

Just FYI...Whitman(Hitman) and Gholston are two Fangio safeties that

denmark fits the poor mans Derwin James mold of a superfreak athlete with hands...and I'm excited to see if Pagano can make him the dream big nickel 3rd safety in desired situations in a year or two.

Shelley already makes me feel more confident about corner depth and nickel. The safety depth is good for 2019. The OLB depth is good for 2019.

Nichols promises to ensure the DE depth is ripe.

This should be a fantastic year defensively and it gives them a whole year to figure out 2020. I feel they are a year ahead of problems on defense. Have a stale o-line. And a young WR/RB crew that needs a year of seasoning to ripen with their QB. Maybe they can peak for the playoffs. But next off-season they will have to make hard choices on defense, and put whatever they have to invest into O-line and TE and get some proper blocking.

The situation might make Shaheen the most important player on the team other than Trubisky. They need Shaheen and Long to bounce back and have great years. Massie and Leno kinda just are what they are, and Massie would be called eccentric if we were talking minds. His body is extreme road grader....its not that he is bad...he is just a road grader and needs a TE like Shaheen that can be a 50/50 threat to chip or dangerous routes. Sowell next to Massie is certainly interesting..with fucking Whitehair and Daniels and Long pulling out...fucking scary. Then they have a DT they can throw at you there as well soon. Hilarious.

Montgomery is a bag of tricks guy, they have Nall to smash and trash you, and then a couple home run hitters in Cohen/White. A reliable and known quantity in Davis....

This season is gonna be fun.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
No its not. The safety's responsibility isn't the same under one scenario versus the other...

So when a HB is assigned to block on a passing play, he becomes an OL? rofl, the fuck out of here with this nonsense.