ESPN Player Poll Regarding Managers

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:

We did this already. I'm not eager to research it again or find the posts here where it was talked about.

Go thru the game logs if you have doubts.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
We did this already. I'm not eager to research it again or find the posts here where it was talked about.

It's not anyone else's job to defend your position.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:

There was never proof or stats that backed it just people remembering the situations they want to remember. The Cubs have computers that do all these algorithms. the pitcher batting 8th is showing there best chance for success. Everything Maddon does is by numbers when its comes to in game coaching. He doesn't go by selective memory.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
There was never proof or stats that backed it just people remembering the situations they want to remember. The Cubs have computers that do all these algorithms. the pitcher batting 8th is showing there best chance for success. Everything Maddon does is by numbers when its comes to in game coaching. He doesn't go by selective memory.

They said the move was done to pull the pitcher early. Not get more runs.

So you think anyone that can read a card can manage like Joe?

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
They said the move was done to pull the pitcher early. Not get more runs.

So you think anyone that can read a card can manage like Joe?

Wouldn't that get you a pinch hitter quicker which is a better chance to score which is more runs?

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Oh and before you try to twist your argument again. Joe has his own guidelines of numbers and stats he follows. Its his creation on what he believes in. He isn't just reading a card.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Oh and before you try to twist your argument again. Joe has his own guidelines of numbers and stats he follows. Its his creation on what he believes in. He isn't just reading a card.

I've twisted nothing once, so you either don't know what "again" means or like playing with straw.

IIRC, Joe said nothing of the sort that his back pocket card was his unique info.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I've twisted nothing once, so you either don't know what "again" means or like playing with straw.

IIRC, Joe said nothing of the sort that his back pocket card was his unique info.

Watch a broadcast

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Your argument is "I did the research. Go look it up." Your laughing icon must be that you think your trolling today is funny.

there you go again, pulling a card that has no applicability.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
But it sure does seem like a lot of times the pitcher comes up with two outs and men on base. That has made it look worse, but may be simply perception.

What the difference if pitcher batting 8th or 9th and coming up with guys on base ?

You dont think that happens often with pitcher in 9 hole ?

Zvbxrpl

Liked Posts:
Oh and Pat. Don't ref. K/B to me. Dude is pretty much crazy and I'm glad he is boxed into the old site now. As pathetic as it has become now. He can have his pointless arguments with Wrigg now.

Did he sleep with you and not call you back?

He's not crazy, he just has a passion for instigation. He likes that the team is winning. But think about how many uptight people respond to him when he says anything. Everybody does. He can keep dragging everyone in circles because he has the energy to continue doing it. I don't. Guy can draw and keep/entertain a crowd.

That. And you did reference how Joe Maddon brought in a magician as a means to break the slump instead of running into the ice cold mets who cant hit. To me, that merited you being called an idiot. Because the cubs ran back into a good team and lost again.

Getting tired of St. Louis.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Did he sleep with you and not call you back?

He's not crazy, he just has a passion for instigation. He likes that the team is winning. But think about how many uptight people respond to him when he says anything. Everybody does. He can keep dragging everyone in circles because he has the energy to continue doing it. I don't. Guy can draw and keep/entertain a crowd.

That. And you did reference how Joe Maddon brought in a magician as a means to break the slump instead of running into the ice cold mets who cant hit. To me, that merited you being called an idiot. Because the cubs ran back into a good team and lost again.

Getting tired of St. Louis.

No he is nutz. The guy is 100% my way or the highway. If he is wrong he waits until things goes his way and pulls a told you so. He is still bringing up stuff that happened 3 years ago and calls it mistakes. He brings no positive vibe what so ever. I really havent seen his say anything of note about how this year has turned around. He would rather bring up why they should have signed Fielder and retained Cashner. (even though Cashner has been a complete wreck up to this point).

He was against Bryant. Wanted a pitcher. (note how he wont bring that one up/ie never admit he was wrong)

Then he will bash everything he can while bashing fans for enjoying the team they like.

Dude has real issues going on.

On STL: They are on a different planet right now. That team should have fallen apart with the injuries that they have taken on. The Cubs need to try to emulate what they are doing. It works. No need to hate them. You should look and see why they are able to be what they are.