Every Mitch Trubisky TD & INT

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
I was critical of Mitch last year, and his TD video gives me hope for a much better year. Some real gems in there. I just hope he can be consistent. I've been watching Trubumpkins videos all day and I'm exited again.

But of course, for balance...man, some of those picks are atrocious.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
The picks:

Tipped at the Line: III
Underthrow: II
Overthrow: II
Double/Triple Coverage: I
Solid Single Coverage: II
Blown Route: I
Not even sure...: I

All in all, not too bad if you consider that very few of those picks were due to poor reads and the largest category was underthrow/overthrow followed by tips. The real question is how many of CCS' favorite stat did he have (almost-picks, for those of you who haven't been around very long)?

mecha

Liked Posts:
The picks:

Tipped at the Line: III
Underthrow: II
Overthrow: II
Double/Triple Coverage: I
Solid Single Coverage: II
Blown Route: I
Not even sure...: I

All in all, not too bad if you consider that very few of those picks were due to poor reads and the largest category was underthrow/overthrow followed by tips. The real question is how many of CCS' favorite stat did he have (almost-picks, for those of you who haven't been around very long)?

almost INTs I'm sure he had his fair share. from what I've observed he's not a mental midget like Grossman and he can see well at night unlike Cutler. I think he's got great arm strength (not on the level of the previous mentioned) and probably a lot of the errors in his game are mechanical. in essence I think his problems can be fixed with time. he was also green out the gate and barely had enough reps under Fox (which is probably good), I thought he got better as 2018 progressed. lots to be excited about. still don't know if it was worth giving away the house to move up to #2, but there's been worse scenarios with this team.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
I was critical of Mitch last year, and his TD video gives me hope for a much better year. Some real gems in there. I just hope he can be consistent. I've been watching Trubumpkins videos all day and I'm exited again.

But of course, for balance...man, some of those picks are atrocious.

Any chance you can find a clip of all of the sacks that he ate?

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm pretty sure 10 of the last 11 quarterbacks drafted in the first round were by teams that traded up to get them. Yet here we stand, still regurgitating that simpleton's narrative about giving up the house to draft Trubisky. Its almost like people operate in a bubble.

mecha

Liked Posts:
I'm pretty sure 10 of the last 11 quarterbacks drafted in the first round were by teams that traded up to get them. Yet here we stand, still regurgitating that simpleton's narrative about giving up the house to draft Trubisky. Its almost like people operate in a bubble.

I thought it was pretty well established he would've still been available at #3.

I was also under the impression that a majority of posters here didn't find him worth that #2 pick. I'm not saying the team should've drafted Mahomes instead cause he wouldn't have been the same player, but he played like what 10 games total in college? I like Trubisky too but he's a project. like... the kind of guy you get in the 3rd or 4th to assemble into a monster after sitting them for a couple years. not someone you thrust into the starting role in a QB unfriendly system because the FA you spent a shit ton of money on didn't pan out.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
When the rubber meets the road, the Mack price tag will impact the team more than the Trubs price tag. If we are talking the impact of transacted draft capital.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
almost INTs I'm sure he had his fair share. from what I've observed he's not a mental midget like Grossman and he can see well at night unlike Cutler. I think he's got great arm strength (not on the level of the previous mentioned) and probably a lot of the errors in his game are mechanical. in essence I think his problems can be fixed with time. he was also green out the gate and barely had enough reps under Fox (which is probably good), I thought he got better as 2018 progressed. lots to be excited about. still don't know if it was worth giving away the house to move up to #2, but there's been worse scenarios with this team.

They certainly didn't "give away the house" to trade up. They identified their franchise QB and guaranteed that they were able to draft him. They paid a reasonable price for the move and later regained some of the draft capital by trading back. The owner of the Browns wanted Trubisky and they made sure the Browns didn't trade up to get him.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I thought it was pretty well established he would've still been available at #3.

I was also under the impression that a majority of posters here didn't find him worth that #2 pick. I'm not saying the team should've drafted Mahomes instead cause he wouldn't have been the same player, but he played like what 10 games total in college? I like Trubisky too but he's a project. like... the kind of guy you get in the 3rd or 4th to assemble into a monster after sitting them for a couple years. not someone you thrust into the starting role in a QB unfriendly system because the FA you spent a shit ton of money on didn't pan out.

He was definitely a 1st rounder project or not. I agree probably didnt need to trade up but not huge deal in grand scheme of things.

gilder121

I don't care nearly as much anymore
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's odd, as the off-season rolls along, I'm steadily less excited about Trubisky. Maybe I just have too much PFF showing up in my Twitter timeline. Or maybe the bad things- Bad reads, overthrows, completely incompetent halves of games just tend to stick out for longer in my head.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
It's odd, as the off-season rolls along, I'm steadily less excited about Trubisky. Maybe I just have too much PFF showing up in my Twitter timeline. Or maybe the bad things- Bad reads, overthrows, completely incompetent halves of games just tend to stick out for longer in my head.

I really expect he'll take a quantum leap forward. I think having a year in the system will allow him to settle down and execute at a much higher level.
He has the physical talent and a great work ethic. We'll see soon enough but I'm optimistic about his development.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Well everyone has tape on him and Nagy's system now so it will be interesting to see what 2nd year in offense effect dominates. Will Trubisky's comfort and understanding of the offense exceed teams ability to adjust to the tape they now have on Trubs and the offense. NFL is a league where teams are constantly adjusting to the opponent.

mecha

Liked Posts:
well it's at least not a stone age offense anymore. Nagy is a madman.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:

no it was actually well established that a handful of teams where interested in moving up to the #2 spot and had no interest in the #3 spot once Mitch was off the board.