Farm System Discussion Thread

Gunzaan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I totally get what you are saying. But isnt the final outcome to have your MLB team win a World Series? Thats my only point and thats really all I care about is a championship. anything short is a fail.

Now every fan wants the best players but its impossible unless you are the yankees or angels who have deep pockets. Its all about different team philosophys. There are many different paths to take to win a championship along with other variables like luck, health etc.

I completely agree with you. Completely. But, imagine you are a Cubs fan (I know, gross) and you know that your team isn't going to be competing for a World Series this year or next year... but you love baseball. What else are you going to talk about on an internet forum, especially considering that most internet forum conversations aren't really conversations but arguments/discussions. You are going to rely heavily on having a better farm system then your cross-town rivals. It's just the nature of the business :)

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
If a team is gunna spend and/or trade their 'spects (when they have good ones), there' no reason to not have won. Winning comes before farm system. But it is not to have both like the Yanks have had (well money helps that and don't have to trade top 'spects and just have to spend for the player they want).

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Dan Johnson hit his 25th HR..get him up Kenny. The bench needs it.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
He can't play. Defense that is. He's only a bat.

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He can't play. Defense that is. He's only a bat.

And the White Sox don't need a lefty first basemen. They have this guy named Adam Dunn with more than 25 HRs and that's in the Major League not AAA.

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ding! Ding!

I don't understand why Joe would want him up. Dunn is better 1B/DH guy than him. Danks is better 4th OF because he can play all three and has speed to be a PR.

whitesoxman77

Jr. White Sox GM
Donator
Liked Posts:
Carlos Sanchez called up to AAA per @FutureSox, @FutureSox also posted thoughts that this could be move to light a firecracker under Gordo's ass