Farm System Discussion Thread

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why can't the Sox find someone who can both not look foolish in the field and can actually hit the ball and not be the worst hitter in MLB

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
our farm blows but all i care about is just having enough pieces to move. I think a lot of people tend to forget that we have a lot of our youth on the mlb squad and have used draft picks and what not right away.

look at the youngins on the MLB squad

beckham, viciedo, jones, reed, flowers and of course sale

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I was just thinking about this the other day:

Some people have mentioned selling, but what exactly would the Sox get for Peavy, Rios, etc? Not much. As much as Peavy has been good this year, he has some issues and hasn't been the same guy he was before going to the Sox.

The Sox aren't going to get good enough prospects to make the farm system good even if they do sell.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
What is going to get the Sox farm going again is the new CBA. If any team benefited from these changes it was them. Basically the Sox dramatically upped their spending on amateurs this year while the big spenders are forced to come way down. Also their Latin American scouting department is just now getting put back together after the scandal with the guy formerly in charge. With caps on international spending the White Sox are finally on a level playing field with the other teams. Now if the Sox can scout right there should be a steady rise in the farm rankings over the next few years.

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What is going to get the Sox farm going again is the new CBA. If any team benefited from these changes it was them. Basically the Sox dramatically upped their spending on amateurs this year while the big spenders are forced to come way down. Also their Latin American scouting department is just now getting put back together after the scandal with the guy formerly in charge. With caps on international spending the White Sox are finally on a level playing field with the other teams. Now if the Sox can scout right there should be a steady rise in the farm rankings over the next few years.

I agree. Sox farm system will be better in the future, but selling the current guys isn't going to help it at all. They have no value to other teams.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I agree. Sox farm system will be better in the future, but selling the current guys isn't going to help it at all. They have no value to other teams.

peavy,dunn, konerko, aj, thornton, crain, rios have no value? hmmm

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
peavy,dunn, konerko, aj, thornton, crain, rios have no value? hmmm

Out of all of those only Dunn, Konerko, and AJ have any real value. And I doubt they would trade AJ or Konerko even if they were selling.

Relievers don't get much ever really. Peavy isn't a must have for other teams even if he's better this year. He's had injuries and hasn't been the same player since leaving Padres. Rios has a ridiculous contract, so anything you get won't be great.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
well at this point we arent sellers. glad we are adding and glad kw is trying atleast.

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
well at this point we arent sellers. glad we are adding and glad kw is trying atleast.

Me too. Obviously we are buyers.

My point was just that the Sox won't be able to improve that much or make their farm system good by selling. So suggesting that right now isn't smart. Sox are winning, don't sell. Just keep drafting well.

I liked the picks of Hawkins and Barnum.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd like to see Dan Johnson brought up to help strengthen the bench.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Our Farm sucks...why?

They are all in our BP

2/5 of the rotation

Left field

center field

short stop

2nd base

rebuilding without even knowing it.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Still like to see Dan Johnson up. Eduardo Escobar's bat is awful.

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Our Farm sucks...why?

They are all in our BP

2/5 of the rotation

Left field

center field

short stop

2nd base

rebuilding without even knowing it.

Yep. Basically all of the best prospects that the Sox had our on the team now. Viciedo, De Aza, etc. Half the bullpen is rookies.

Our farm system doesn't have a ton of depth, but it's got those couple players that are really good. And those guys are on the major league team.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yep. Basically all of the best prospects that the Sox had our on the team now. Viciedo, De Aza, etc. Half the bullpen is rookies.

Our farm system doesn't have a ton of depth, but it's got those couple players that are really good. And those guys are on the major league team.

now added depth with the draft, hope for some guys to emerge that werent projected too and you are fine.

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
now added depth with the draft, hope for some guys to emerge that werent projected too and you are fine.

I think Keon Barnum is going to turn out to be a steal. really like the kid. Hopefully it doesn't take him too long to be MLB ready. It will take like 5 years IMO, but hopefully Konerko sticks around long enough for him to be ready.

Like Hawkins too, but the Sox have more time to wait him out and I'm fine with that.

What was really interesting to me that Hahn said in that interview is that the White Sox didn't spend a lot of their x amount of total money on the farm because they were focused on the Major League level. I think it's going to slowly become more equal between the two.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think Keon Barnum is going to turn out to be a steal. really like the kid. Hopefully it doesn't take him too long to be MLB ready. It will take like 5 years IMO, but hopefully Konerko sticks around long enough for him to be ready.

Like Hawkins too, but the Sox have more time to wait him out and I'm fine with that.

What was really interesting to me that Hahn said in that interview is that the White Sox didn't spend a lot of their x amount of total money on the farm because they were focused on the Major League level. I think it's going to slowly become more equal between the two.

yeah, they will spend a little bit more, I just think it will be out of the country guys that they scout.

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
yeah, they will spend a little bit more, I just think it will be out of the country guys that they scout.

Yeah. I think they'll be focusing on some more cuban guys. They've worked out for them so far.

the other thing they have to do is just continue to have some good drafts. Eventually they'll have a better farm system. It's not gonna happen overnight.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
knights in first
barons 2.5 out

mitchell leads league in triples and 3rd in walks per telecast