February 4TH, 2007 Changed This Franchise

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I don't know how the resulting ten years were affected by losing that day, or why we'd try to blame the poor results for a decade on one loss.

If we had won, we'd have drafted one spot lower in one draft. (So, theoretically, things could have been slightly worse - but in eality, very little effect)

Why are we discussing the result of one game being the reason for shit drafting in 2011 or 2013 or whatever?

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
I don't know how the resulting ten years were affected by losing that day, or why we'd try to blame the poor results for a decade on one loss.

If we had won, we'd have drafted one spot lower in one draft. (So, theoretically, things could have been slightly worse - but in eality, very little effect)

Why are we discussing the result of one game being the reason for shit drafting in 2011 or 2013 or whatever?
I'm sure Olsen would of still been their pick.

But I like your points that how did losing actually make things worse.

Oddly if they won, maybe JA and Lovie are given more leeway and maybe 2010-2012 isn't written off as something to fire them over because. Hey they won a superbowl and got back to the nfc championship still.

Well maybe it changes their minds that you can win with Rex so he's kept as starter over Orton or they just feel confident enough in Orton being a QB to win with that they don't trade for Cutler.

Why panic when you can panik? via da Tapatalk

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
The main thing I remember about XLI is how weak or defense played. We needed to hit Manning and we didn't. Never took him off his game... huge error.

I wonder what his hit hurry sack total was that game, but I'm sure it was telling.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Tommie Harris and Mike Brown, missing those 2 was the biggest difference of all. The refusal to go away from the cover 2 was also a big factor as Manning dumped off his ass up the field.

Agreed about the notion of a monsoon has really been exaggerated, it was raining and wet.

They could have stayed in the cover 2 all game long and still had success if the cornerbacks weren't giving up 8-10 yard cushions by design. If we had Rod Marineli running the defense that year we would have abused Peyton's dink and dunk offense. Honestly Ron Rivera didn't call a good SB defense at all. Despite missing Brown and Harris.