Fire Ozzie Guillen: He Needs To Be Fired Right Now

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why didn't they re-sign him then?

His first half stats... when they were actually in semi-contention was horrible.

Hopefully, this year doesn't end up the same way.

getting jesse crain out of MIN is a better option, also the budget wasnt there for Putz, and I believe I read somewhere they were worried about a dead arm.

The moves that KW has made that make me mad to a point are indeed the Rios deal, and not obtaining swisher, but trading him when his stock was so low. but i guess if there is issues you gotta move the guy.

the main deal that you didnt bring up was linebrink. that was the worst.

and kws biggest mistake was letting ozzie dictate the rotating DH last year instead of signing Thome back. But who knows, maybe KW had no control because it is documented that ozzie is JRs boy

Gunzaan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Please, comment on this then:

"And let's look at teams GM'd better then the White Sox, considering the $$ each team can spend:

Braves, Twins, Red Sox, Giants, Cardinals, Rangers, Marlins, Angels, Rays, and Reds.

Sure, you can make the argument that the White Sox are better GM'd then some other teams, but considering the $$ the White Sox spend, we should be better off then we are. "

Are the White Sox, with an owner that is willing to spend top dollar, really worth having an average at best GM? Or do you think that KW is better then the teams I just mentioned.

You seriously think KW has done a better job then these teams? Seriously?

And the fact that he is a top 5 GM, in your opinion, because of 2005, is exactly the short-sighted perspective of GMing that I think is unfortunately prevelant with Sox fans. The Sox spend tons of $$$$, there is no reason we shouldn't in the playoffs more often then we are. The GM should be re-loading year after year after year.

No one has answered this yet. That's quite funny.

Gunzaan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
getting jesse crain out of MIN is a better option, also the budget wasnt there for Putz, and I believe I read somewhere they were worried about a dead arm.

The moves that KW has made that make me mad to a point are indeed the Rios deal, and not obtaining swisher, but trading him when his stock was so low. but i guess if there is issues you gotta move the guy.

the main deal that you didnt bring up was linebrink. that was the worst.

and kws biggest mistake was letting ozzie dictate the rotating DH last year instead of signing Thome back. But who knows, maybe KW had no control because it is documented that ozzie is JRs boy

Fair enough. I never even originally brought up Putz. I never thought he was a bad move.

You still have never addressed half of what I pointed out but whatever. You target the 3-4 moves you think are great, or Putz, which I never brought up in the first place and I was obviously wrong about, but don't address half of the other moves I talked about, for whatever reason.

Put it this way. I throw a lot of shit at the wall and see what sticks. Your technique is to focus on a few pieces of shit and ignore everything else.

As I have said multiple times, we agree to disagree. You are the one that keeps egging me on to reply to you because of your very limited (or specific, if you are a politician, rofl) responses.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fair enough. I never even originally brought up Putz. I never thought he was a bad move.

You still have never addressed half of what I pointed out but whatever. You target the 3-4 moves you think are great, or Putz, which I never brought up in the first place and I was obviously wrong about, but don't address half of the other moves I talked about, for whatever reason.

Put it this way. I throw a lot of shit at the wall and see what sticks. Your technique is to focus on a few pieces of shit and ignore everything else.

As I have said multiple times, we agree to disagree. You are the one that keeps egging me on to reply to you because of your very limited (or specific, if you are a politician, rofl) responses.

Read through the thread, i break down all your points.

What is with your deal on the braves, twins, angels etc ?

twins,braves,rays are specifically GMd by building the farm, doing it that way is not just the GM, you need a crop of advanced scouts etc to build a successful team from within.

boston, cmon now dude. epstein? really? have him come to the south side and GM and we will see what he is all about

Gunzaan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Read through the thread, i break down all your points.

What is with your deal on the braves, twins, angels etc ?

twins,braves,rays are specifically GMd by building the farm, doing it that way is not just the GM, you need a crop of advanced scouts etc to build a successful team from within.

boston, cmon now dude. epstein? really? have him come to the south side and GM and we will see what he is all about

No, you don't cover all of my points.

What is my deal with the Braves, Twins, Angels? They are build to compete for the playoffs every single year.

Twins, Braves, Rays building by the farm? Yup, I completely agree. Wish the Sox GM would do that.

Boston? They don't spend all that much more money then the White Sox. Wish we would spend our money better, instead of blowing money on Rios, Thornton (closer money), Teahan, Pierre, Manny's $5 million from last year, etc.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
this thread..

2cf8kk0_th.jpg

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
No, you don't cover all of my points.

What is my deal with the Braves, Twins, Angels? They are build to compete for the playoffs every single year.

Twins, Braves, Rays building by the farm? Yup, I completely agree. Wish the Sox GM would do that.

Boston? They don't spend all that much more money then the White Sox. Wish we would spend our money better, instead of blowing money on Rios, Thornton (closer money), Teahan, Pierre, Manny's $5 million from last year, etc.

carl crawford. well spent. :rolleyes:

2011 salaries by team specific. MLB Salaries - CBSSports.com

thornton has been one of the premier left handed setup men in the game.

The Sox GM cant build the farm alone, it is not just the GM that is in charge of building. It is a complete franchise working on that.

See you make your statement about how I talk about 2005 deals, and you are still stuck on this specific year.

Do you realize that consistent relievers are at a premium?

Do you realize how much luck is involved trying to build a young team?

How are the twins doing now? Since they have such a great GM.

Managed to lose basically their whole BP.

Signed a japanese player (unproven) and now hurt, and let go of orlando hudson, traded away their shortstop in hardy, resigned pavano, did not get any depth in the starting rotation, did not re tool BP, and now you gave a huge contract to a guy in a new ballpark who wont be catching next year and cannot hit more than 7 or 8 home runs in his new park. Oh and the twins cannot win a playoff game.

How about the best Farm system in baseball? KC. How long before they win atleast a divison?

KW may not be numero uno, but he is up there.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
so far through 5 innings ozzie has managed to run us out of innings once again. great work ozzie! great work!

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ozzie this, Ozzie that.

When will people stop blaming him for our offense sucking?

Outside Paulie, no one is consistently hitting or actually hitting at all.