First time at Wrigley_Please help

CHI_CROATIA

Liked Posts:
Hello everybody!

I'm the biggest Cubs-Bears fan from Croatia (maybe from Europe also), be sure...…I'm coming to Chicago in august with my son (his first visit of USA and Chicago, mine second) and the main reason is because od Cubs!!!! After visiting Chicago we are proceeding to NY for Cubs at Mets games...
Please, be so kind and give me some precious advices about buying tickets (online) at first place, about public transport to Wrigley and any advice you think I needed…

Thank you very much in advance!

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
SeatGeek or Stubhub is best bet for tickets.

As for transportation, where are you staying?

CHI_CROATIA

Liked Posts:
SeatGeek or Stubhub is best bet for tickets.

As for transportation, where are you staying?
TNX for the reply...I'm staying at the hotel in North Michigan Avenue in Downtown...My general questions are: Is it safe to make a foot walk after a day game (suppose game will end around 5pm), from Wrigley to Downtown?
And is it safe to return after night game (suppose game will end around 11pm) by public transport (suppose the Red line) or is wiser to take a taxi (how much is taxi fare from Wrigley to Downtown anyway?)?

TNX!

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't know about cab fare but the el will be fine for either time., train stops right next to Wrigley so there will be lot's of people using it before and after the game.

The above suggestions are probably your best option for tix.

CHI_CROATIA

Liked Posts:
I don't know about cab fare but the el will be fine for either time., train stops right next to Wrigley so there will be lot's of people using it before and after the game.

The above suggestions are probably your best option for tix.
TNX! So the above suggestions for tickest are better then to purchase via official web site (cubs.com)?

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
TNX! So the above suggestions for tickest are better then to purchase via official web site (cubs.com)?

If you can get them from the Cubs site that's fine, I would compare their prices with Stub hub though.

Also grabbing a cab at Wrigley right after a game may be difficult because of all of the congestion. If that's what you wanted to do maybe walk down Clark a few blocks to get out of the crowd before grabbing a cab. I haven't done a cab down in that area for a while but a guess maybe 25 @Gustavus Adolphus drives uber so maybe he can chime in.
@Gustavos Adolphus

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
TNX for the reply...I'm staying at the hotel in North Michigan Avenue in Downtown...My general questions are: Is it safe to make a foot walk after a day game (suppose game will end around 5pm), from Wrigley to Downtown?
And is it safe to return after night game (suppose game will end around 11pm) by public transport (suppose the Red line) or is wiser to take a taxi (how much is taxi fare from Wrigley to Downtown anyway?)?

TNX!

Walking from Wrigley to downtown will take you hours. Better to just Uber, find a cab outside of the general neighborhood or take the Red Line.