Free Agent Targets for the Bears

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
Spencer Ware could be a nice free agent replacement for Howard. Successful and familiar with Nagy's scheme as the power back.

Trade Howard for a 4th round pick

Sign Spencer Ware and draft Rodney Anderson (high risk-high reward player) in the 5th round. Rodney Anderson is one of those guys a team like the Bears needs to swing for the fences on. Likely to be available late but has big time talent. Had back to back season ending injuries - broken fibula was just bad luck and torn ACL's are far from a death sentence these days especially when you are young (ask Todd Gurley).

Tarik Cohen
Spencer Ware
Taquan Mizzell
Rodney Anderson

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
If Rodney anderson dropped hard amd we acquired a few more draft picks i wouldn't be against drafting both henderson and Anderson anderson would eventually be the main 3 down back but split with Henderson and cohen would move to a WR role but with 2 of 3 always being on the field you have an insane playmaking core at all times !!

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Based on what George was saying yesterday on M&P, I expect they will actually be going after Hunt. Her certainly seemed to be testing out some lines.

msadows

Liked Posts:
If Rodney anderson dropped hard amd we acquired a few more draft picks i wouldn't be against drafting both henderson and Anderson anderson would eventually be the main 3 down back but split with Henderson and cohen would move to a WR role but with 2 of 3 always being on the field you have an insane playmaking core at all times !!

Very doubtful Anderson goes in the top 4 rounds, shit, there’s a chance he could go undrafted. 3 season ending injuries is not a good look. Rookie year broke his leg before even playing 2 quarters of football. Sophomore year didn’t even play a game with neck issues, junior year finally stayed healthy, and senior year tore his acl two games into the season.

This guy is essentially the RB version of Kevin white. I won’t be shocked if he goes undrafted or is a late round pick, too much injury history to gamble a top 4 pick on him

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Based on what George was saying yesterday on M&P, I expect they will actually be going after Hunt. Her certainly seemed to be testing out some lines.

Breaking News from Gussy Boy.

So we are gonna go after K.Hunt then.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Breaking News from Gussy Boy.

So we are gonna go after K.Hunt then.

Douchebag, it's George who is talking about, and it will be George that makes the final decision on it, and based on the interview I said it seemed like he was testing lines of defense. That's a different story than Nagy or Pace talking to/about Hunt.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Douchebag, it's George who is talking about, and it will be George that makes the final decision on it, and based on the interview I said it seemed like he was testing lines of defense. That's a different story than Nagy or Pace talking to/about Hunt.

Heard the interview too, seemed like he was more than willing to accept talking about the topic. If he wanted nothing to do with Hunt he would just say that off the bat, stating he isn't a Bear and thats not a topic he wants to discuss. Not shocking that the media is talking about the bears acquiring hunt to sort of see what the public reaction would be, and kind of ease fans into it.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Heard the interview too, seemed like he was more than willing to accept talking about the topic. If he wanted nothing to do with Hunt he would just say that off the bat, stating he isn't a Bear and thats not a topic he wants to discuss. Not shocking that the media is talking about the bears acquiring hunt to sort of see what the public reaction would be, and kind of ease fans into it.

He wants a Super Bowl before his mom dies. Hoge and Jahns talked about it on their Kareem Hunt podcast. Apparently the dude is laser focused on the Bears being a top team before she dies.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
I think that's it too. Nagy/Pace had Nagy talk about Hunt as a person that 'Nagy reached out to' to gauge the fan bases reaction to it. Plus, the longer this is 'old news' the easier it will be to sign him. But I think it's Ginny's call, and still way up in the air.

I still say Nagy/Pace are finding one or more RBs of their choice right now. They aren't planing on Hunt, you can't. They can add whenever, and it won't cost much, but they'd be happy to find they don't need him.

He wants a Super Bowl before his mom dies. Hoge and Jahns talked about it on their Kareem Hunt podcast. Apparently the dude is laser focused on the Bears being a top team before she dies.
Did they talk about if the McCaskey's or Ginny in particular would even consider Hunt?

Payton!34

Liked Posts:
I think this has the making of an excellent offseason where we sign our own players to keep continuity and then sign Kareem hunt who is perfect for this scheme and has ties to our coach and being that Nagy was one of the first if not the first to reach out to him should help in him choosing us if there are going to be multiple teams interested in signing him which there will be.

If we sign Amos and Callahan, hunt a better kicker then given the circumstances should consider this an amazing offseason but I think pace pulls off one more big signing for the offensive line to really put a final stamp on telling the nfl that the bears are the team to beat and we are gunning for the super bowl
And nothing less!

Go bears

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I think the Bears might surprise us with how active they are this offseason. I think they should go after Landon Collins. Hunt and Gould would be good gets too. They should not overpay Callahan. He simply can’t stay healthy.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
I think the Bears might surprise us with how active they are this offseason. I think they should go after Landon Collins. Hunt and Gould would be good gets too. They should not overpay Callahan. He simply can’t stay healthy.
Amos or Collins -- they are on par. Collins may have higher ceiling, but had shoulder surgery this past Dec, and we already know Amos does well here. Either or.

Gould may be franchised (as anyone may be), but we can certainly offer him something after we know aprox what we'll have left, after we straighten out Guard, NB and Safety. We'll get a FG kicker, hopefully better than Parkey, but I think Callahan is less replaceable than Gould.

Callahan health is trending up 11, 12 and 13 games this year. If a guy is elite, I'll take 13-14 games, it's the nature of the game. I think we're developing two promising CBs in Toliver and Joseph, good depth, but we are going for SB in 2019, I'd stick with a very good thing in Callahan.

We have modest goals for our 2019 offseason, I think have the money to sign Massie, Callahan, Amos, and restructure Long, maybe re-sign Lynch. And between the draft and FA we can get a Kicker and a couple RBs, and OL/OLB prospects. With some other restructuring (Mack) we might even be able to make some good extensions.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
Amos or Collins -- they are on par. Collins may have higher ceiling, but had shoulder surgery this past Dec, and we already know Amos does well here. Either or.

i agree the shoulder injury is a concern for collins but one is a playmaking SS while the other is a solid do your job with minimal mistakes guy. I would be ecstatic to see collins land with the bears but i'm guessing he's going to get tagged by the giants to prove his health or some team will pay him on average of 10 mill per season.

CaptnSUG

BANNED
Liked Posts:
I'm still on the Collins hype train. Guy is a bonafide playmaker and pairing him with Jackson would be a nightmare. Those are probably two of the three best safeties on the NFL. If you're gonna bust your nut and fuck over the cap you may as well do it with a bang.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Can't afford Collins.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

Wow how great would it be to get those 3 in here with this team. I love Amos but L.Collins with E.Jackson would be legit legit.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Can't afford Collins.

I think that is nonsense. How did the Rams sign Suh, Cooks, Gurley and extend Donald? There is always a way and they need to strike while Mitch is cheap.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Wow how great would it be to get those 3 in here with this team. I love Amos but L.Collins with E.Jackson would be legit legit.

Collins is the kind of move that makes the D even better which is a scary thought.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
Next years odds to win the super bowl

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...ams-chiefs-chargers-listed-as-early-favorites

OddsShark

@OddsShark
Odds to win Super Bowl 54 (Bovada):

LAR/NE +700
LAC/KC +800
IND/NO +1000
CHI +1300
PIT +1600
GB +1800
MIN/DAL/PHI +2000
ATL/BAL/CLE +3000
HOU/SEA +4000
SF +4500
CAR/JAX/NYG +5000
TEN +6000
TB +6500
ARI/BUF/CIN/DEN +10000
DET/NYJ/OAK +10000
WSH +15000
MIA +30000
wow, miani double the least likely of the 2nd to least likely team. What's so unpromising about miami I wonder?