Free Agent Targets for the Bears

msadows

Liked Posts:
wow, miani double the least likely of the 2nd to least likely team. What's so unpromising about miami I wonder?

Shit QB, No Head Coach, Bottom 7 Defense, Bottom 7 Offense.

It has shit show written all over it. No one wants that job, and no one wants to play there besides dudes just looking for money....which is something they don't have either.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
wow, miani double the least likely of the 2nd to least likely team. What's so unpromising about miami I wonder?

And then there's GB having the 4th best odds of any NFC team...

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I think that is nonsense. How did the Rams sign Suh, Cooks, Gurley and extend Donald? There is always a way and they need to strike while Mitch is cheap.

Suh got a one year deal that was incentive laden because of his declining play and age. Collins will want top dollar. Not happening here.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So if we sign Hunt, Howard is gone, right?

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

Not unless they trade him. Hunt will still miss half a season. Howard will probably want out because Hunt taking the touches away from him will hurt his money

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Saying he loves Chicago and would love to retire as a Bear, tweeting out pics of him and his kids decked out in Chicago gear, being seen at the Blackhawks game—Gould is begging Pace to sign him. That he is currently officially ON ANOTHER TEAM and still does this speaks volumes. Dude wants to be here.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
I think that is nonsense. How did the Rams sign Suh, Cooks, Gurley and extend Donald? There is always a way and they need to strike while Mitch is cheap.

suh was a 1yr deal, cooks, gurley and donald all got their extensions in 2018 meaning their big time cap hits wont start till a season or two later when they have to give goff a massive contract.

Suh didnt need a long term contract, nor did he need to be one of the highest paid. collins, callahan and amos are all still young and want long term security at a sizable dollar amount which is why plenty of young talented guys hate getting tagged...

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
suh was a 1yr deal, cooks, gurley and donald all got their extensions in 2018 meaning their big time cap hits wont start till a season or two later when they have to give goff a massive contract.

Suh didnt need a long term contract, nor did he need to be one of the highest paid. collins, callahan and amos are all still young and want long term security at a sizable dollar amount which is why plenty of young talented guys hate getting tagged...

Earlier in the thread, I said I wouldn’t pursue Callahan because of his injury history. If they sign Collins, Amos is gone. They absolutely can do this if they want to get it done and Collins isn’t tagged.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not unless they trade him. Hunt will still miss half a season. Howard will probably want out because Hunt taking the touches away from him will hurt his money

I forgot that Hunt might miss half the year.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Suh got a one year deal that was incentive laden because of his declining play and age. Collins will want top dollar. Not happening here.

Suh made 14 million this year from the Rams. That was after making 100 million from the Dolphins.

Collins will want to get paid.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Saying he loves Chicago and would love to retire as a Bear, tweeting out pics of him and his kids decked out in Chicago gear, being seen at the Blackhawks game—Gould is begging Pace to sign him. That he is currently officially ON ANOTHER TEAM and still does this speaks volumes. Dude wants to be here.

His wife is due any day with kid 3 and the family didn’t leave Chicago because his kids are in school.

He wants to be in Chicago pretty badly.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

Hearing Philly will be in on Hunt as well which is something i was hoping wouldn't happen but kinda knew they would cause their GM is really good at getting the right players to come there and they have that KC style offense he's been playing in. There's gonna be plenty of competition for him. Hopefully Nagy's phone call with him helped our chances and he played for Nagy but pretty sure D.Peterson was already gone and with Philly by the time they drafted Hunt.

They're saying his suspension will be handed out to him before the start of free agency so we'll know soon.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Earlier in the thread, I said I wouldn’t pursue Callahan because of his injury history. If they sign Collins, Amos is gone. They absolutely can do this if they want to get it done and Collins isn’t tagged.

A guy like L.Joyner or T.Mathieu would be a great addition cause they have played some NB as well as played safety so i'm sure Pagano could really use a versatile player like either one of those two. We could slide them around to where they could play NB and we could play D.Bush at S for certain plays and they could play just S. The problem is Joyner will be very costly after getting the tag last year which paid him $11 mil and Mathieu would be cheaper but has had multiple knee injuries but is great when healthy.

https://email.fansided.com/c/eJx1Tl...3Nr_J_3aNzjM48-o_U9oTEO2w9mJSdf2EMoL_8B7IVhSg

If the Chicago Bears let Adrian Amos walk via free agency who are some free agents that could step in immediately?
Adrian Amos has been a great addition to the Chicago Bears. However, the debate is what his value is worth on an open market? Amos brings so much to the table but is currently rated as the number three overall safety free agent.

He is a hot commodity, and the team already is eyeing up an Eddie Jackson extension. Jackson is the bigger playmaker with the higher upside, so splurging on Amos may not be the best bet.

If Amos tests the market and it gets out of the Chicago Bears, control could the find a replacement or even an upgrade over Amos to get back on par in 2018? Yes. Here are five potential options.

1.Landon Collins
If the Chicago Bears really wanted to go all-in on a big money safety tandem they should look to Landon Collins before Amos. Collins did not record a single interception this season but still has five more in his career than Amos.

Amos played deep more often than Collins while Collins was more disruptive in the box. Adrian Amos has three career hurries and 84 run stuffs. Collins has 24 hurries and 152 run stuffs. In Amos defense, he has 35 missed tackles, and Collins has 52. However, Collins getting into the backfield and wreaking havoc much more often than Amos.

This could be the twist that Chuck Pagano brings to his defense. Pagano was noted for blitzing defensive backs, and he talked about as much in his press conference. If Amos is asking for $11 million and the team can get Landon Collins for $12, it may be something that Pagano is interested in paying up for.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
If the Chicago Bears let Adrian Amos walk via free agency who are some free agents that could step in immediately?
Adrian Amos has been a great addition to the Chicago Bears. However, the debate is what his value is worth on an open market? Amos brings so much to the table but is currently rated as the number three overall safety free agent.

He is a hot commodity, and the team already is eyeing up an Eddie Jackson extension. Jackson is the bigger playmaker with the higher upside, so splurging on Amos may not be the best bet.

If Amos tests the market and it gets out of the Chicago Bears, control could the find a replacement or even an upgrade over Amos to get back on par in 2018? Yes. Here are five potential options.

1.Landon Collins
If the Chicago Bears really wanted to go all-in on a big money safety tandem they should look to Landon Collins before Amos. Collins did not record a single interception this season but still has five more in his career than Amos.

Amos played deep more often than Collins while Collins was more disruptive in the box. Adrian Amos has three career hurries and 84 run stuffs. Collins has 24 hurries and 152 run stuffs. In Amos defense, he has 35 missed tackles, and Collins has 52. However, Collins getting into the backfield and wreaking havoc much more often than Amos.

This could be the twist that Chuck Pagano brings to his defense. Pagano was noted for blitzing defensive backs, and he talked about as much in his press conference. If Amos is asking for $11 million and the team can get Landon Collins for $12, it may be something that Pagano is interested in paying up for.

While that argument totally makes sense, I just don't see a way it comes to paying ANY safety not named Eddie Jackson $10M+ on this team, especially given the current cap situation.

Also, Pagano won't be decided shit. It's Nagy's team and Pace is the personnel guy. Pagano will be happy with his #1 defense that he's been given.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
While that argument totally makes sense, I just don't see a way it comes to paying ANY safety not named Eddie Jackson $10M+ on this team, especially given the current cap situation.

Also, Pagano won't be decided shit. It's Nagy's team and Pace is the personnel guy. Pagano will be happy with his #1 defense that he's been given.

The market for safeties was lukewarm at best last year. I think Collins and Amos might be surprised at how the league values them. If the money is close, Collins would be a great addition. They need to maximize the window they're in right now.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The Bears are paying 1 safety 12/season. His name is Eddie Jackson.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Just can't justify paying a mostly in box safety anything like $10m/year. We have an elite centerfielder to pay eight figures to.

I think Collins is a very good player, but he was only elite one year, and that was 2016. Since then he's made few splash plays although he's been consistently solid at his job.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I would make an offer to Amos right now for about 7/season. That is the most I am spending on a SS considering that I am going to pay Jackson a ton of money.

I would be fine with him testing the market, but if he tests the market and comes back to my offer it is now going to be for 6/season with less guaranteed. You have to put some incentive on not testing the market.

That is the price of seeing what is out there. If he leaves so be it.

kg1187

Liked Posts:
Its a small sample size but from what I saw in the playoffs I like Bush in the "Don't Screw It Up" Amos role.

With a stacked front seven along with Eddie Jackson they really don't need a big money guy at the other safety spot.

Kinda like a cheap SLB playing beside Urlacher and Briggs back in the Lovie days.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Its a small sample size but from what I saw in the playoffs I like Bush in the "Don't Screw It Up" Amos role.

With a stacked front seven along with Eddie Jackson they really don't need a big money guy at the other safety spot.

Kinda like a cheap SLB playing beside Urlacher and Briggs back in the Lovie days.

This.