Fuck Shit Ass

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
my initial reaction was one of ignorance and confusion and laziness...

somehow I confused him with someone else in my research.

Hayden and Dach give the Hawks some beef next year. Kid is ready to go and will make this team at center, or at wing.
No point in this one playing at rockford with all the holes they have on the wing...even if he can't cut it at center, he can be a better skating better finishing Hayden day 1.

And we get some beef and send away the other beef. I guess we still have Martinson?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
And we get some beef and send away the other beef. I guess we still have Martinson?
not allowed to hit anybody on this team I guess...but moving Hayden back close to home seems odd.

I was hopeful Hayden could take a step, but Quinville needs more skill around him so its a needed change for both.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Can he fight people? That's all that really matters guys...

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Does not matter, Stans will go out and sign a few more like Kunitz last year, because for some ungodly purpose, we dont have enough guys that won cups on this team, or apparently leaders.

Did you hear Jack Hughes say how Patty Kane took him under his wing on team usa, taught him alot, talked to him more than he had to, There is a performing guy that deserves to wear the other A this season. But no, it will be more of dont make seabrook or keith feel bad, don't expect too much from them, and no matter how bad they are playing, dont bench them or cut their time or god forbid take the a.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Does not matter, Stans will go out and sign a few more like Kunitz last year, because for some ungodly purpose, we dont have enough guys that won cups on this team, or apparently leaders.

Did you hear Jack Hughes say how Patty Kane took him under his wing on team usa, taught him alot, talked to him more than he had to, There is a performing guy that deserves to wear the other A this season. But no, it will be more of dont make seabrook or keith feel bad, don't expect too much from them, and no matter how bad they are playing, dont bench them or cut their time or god forbid take the a.
How did that work out for the hawks last year

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
not allowed to hit anybody on this team I guess...but moving Hayden back close to home seems odd.

I was hopeful Hayden could take a step, but Quinville needs more skill around him so its a needed change for both.

I was hoping he's make a step too. But benching or demoting him and putting useless Sikura on Toews line so much was a frustrating head scratcher.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I think Stan and company probably got this right.
If two of the four D men can pan out top 2 pairings, and Bovquist can bring the offense Byram would have...

My last look at Byram concerned me about the way he scored against inferior competition. He just held onto the puck and floated around until his shot was open and those opportunities don't exist at all in the NHL. In Juniors they couldn't take him off the puck but they will at this level. He was a meteoric riser during the season.

Dach has the best body drafted until Podz who won't be here for 3 years.

Byram was a desperation move in a league over-valuing scoring defenseman. They kept cool and got short and long term help at a difficult position to find. Dach has aspirations of greatness, seems to have a humble good head on his shoulders, and will be taken directly under the wing of Toews.

Your posts on this subject are as schizophrenic as possible.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Your posts on this subject are as schizophrenic as possible.
that is accurate.

I am in fact schizophrenic, but I confused dach with another prospect. I thought we drafted a small young kid with a baby face who was 3 years away and that isn't even remotely the case.

Somehow Dach was the one top 10 prospect I completely botched my research on. But I can see why they believe he might even be the best player in the draft 3 years from now.

(because Kakko is a medium size wing with a ton of hype, and Hughes is so small)

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
My thinking is that my one of Joker,Boqvist, Beaudin or Mitchell they viewed as having a higher ceiling than Byram.
And that's the problem. Ceiling should have been less relevant than floor. Byram has a high floor, same with Turcotte. Dach's is lower. Stan gambled here.
I was hoping for Byram too, but Dach is a solid pick and fills a need.
A big rh center is years overdue.
We've won cups without a #2C. We never won one without a bonafied #1D to my knowledge (at least, since the 1930's)

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Fucking love watching Rask's tormented brain argue with itself and then self rationalize it's feelings.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
And that's the problem. Ceiling should have been less relevant than floor. Byram has a high floor, same with Turcotte. Dach's is lower. Stan gambled here.

We've won cups without a #2C. We never won one without a bonafied #1D to my knowledge (at least, since the 1930's)
yeah but we were nasty when we had Richard

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
yeah but we were nasty when we had Richard
Richard? Brad Richards? That was the one with him and Vermette where we won with a bonafied #2C. The other 2 we didn't--guys were press-ganged into the role.

It is what it is now. I'm liking Dach's attitude but really at this point it's the on-ice game for him that counts. After all, there's a fine line between the right attitude and being entitled.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

No sense worrying about it now. Let's see if the kid has a game. There will be plenty of time to roast Bowman's ass if he doesn't.

Last edited:

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
No sense worrying about it now. Let's see if the kid has a game. There will be plenty of time to roast Bowman's ass if he doesn't.
Exactly, my point was though that if a #2C was "long overdue" then the very fact that we won 2 cups without one means that that statement, much like a hippie, simply won't wash.

As for Dach, we'll see what the kid has got. As long as he brings what the 'hawks need to succeed to the table I'm okay with it--especially in retrospect. But I still think Stan didn't get the BPA at the time and gambled that a guy with a potential higher ceiling but with a lower floor than the consensus BPA's. Time will tell though.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Exactly, my point was though that if a #2C was "long overdue" then the very fact that we won 2 cups without one means that that statement, much like a hippie, simply won't wash.

As for Dach, we'll see what the kid has got. As long as he brings what the 'hawks need to succeed to the table I'm okay with it--especially in retrospect. But I still think Stan didn't get the BPA at the time and gambled that a guy with a potential higher ceiling but with a lower floor than the consensus BPA's. Time will tell though.
He said as much that Dach was about ceiling. I appreciate the special body that Dach has, you can't develop that no matter how much you train or time you wait.

The guy will be invaluable, especially on this team, and even at 18 I expect he will look like the strongest man on this team and they won't be able to send him away. He wants to make it at 18...and I think Hughes is the one that will get sent down after a taste of testosterone on his child like body.

Kakko/Dach/Byram probably all make their rosters, and stay there, imo, while Hughes will have to go down for his own protection to mature for a year or two, Turcotte will be in Wisconsin winning a college championship with Caufield, and go too deep into playoffs to make NHL roster next spring.

The other top 10 selection defenders might make it, I don't know,

but I'm not surprised Stan opted to select the most mature and ready body he could. Dach will be here soon even if they play the year of service game and wait until March on those 9 games.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
He said as much that Dach was about ceiling. I appreciate the special body that Dach has, you can't develop that no matter how much you train or time you wait.

The guy will be invaluable, especially on this team, and even at 18 I expect he will look like the strongest man on this team and they won't be able to send him away. He wants to make it at 18...and I think Hughes is the one that will get sent down after a taste of testosterone on his child like body.

Kakko/Dach/Byram probably all make their rosters, and stay there, imo, while Hughes will have to go down for his own protection to mature for a year or two, Turcotte will be in Wisconsin winning a college championship with Caufield, and go too deep into playoffs to make NHL roster next spring.

The other top 10 selection defenders might make it, I don't know,

but I'm not surprised Stan opted to select the most mature and ready body he could. Dach will be here soon even if they play the year of service game and wait until March on those 9 games.
When they asked stan directly right after he drafted him if Dach was going to be in Chicago this year, very distinctly to choose his words then said, "we're going to give him every chance to do it. Um, you know it's sometimes hard for young guys, but physically he has the profile to do so, he's got NHL size right now, so uhh you can't put too many expectations on it, but he's going to have every chance to be on this team."

So not a real big vote of confidence, which is odd for a guy he's probably hanging his job on.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
When they asked stan directly right after he drafted him if Dach was going to be in Chicago this year, he hesitated very distinctly to choose his words then said, we're going to give him every opportunity to prove he can. So not a real big vote of confidence, which is odd for a guy he's probably hanging his job on.

Well this team clearly believes in fermenting the young guys, so it goes against company policy...

but they have never had a beast like this before. Bondra to an extent but he wasn't born to be physical, a little euro soft.

Just look at Dach's fingers. Kid has one hell of a skeleton/frame...he could play 3 games in a row every other day and be the last one standing.

I think its more about his skills and IQ catching up, and wanting to protect his confidence...send him to rockford to work on his shot for a couple months...maybe improve skating.

He is NHL ready beyond his shot and skating and faceoffs(skating that is better than plenty already in the league but not great among the other top 10 selections)

REally his shot and his faceoffs...prevent him from being an NHL center on day one, but I suspect they may make him the workhorse on Toews line, DAch-Toews-Cat could probably get things done but speed would be an issue.

His passing is exceptional, and that together with his body should be enough to make the Blackhawks who need him on the boards. Let him play left wing on the 3rd and 4th lines, occassionally giving him some Dach-Toews-Kane experience or something. imo, he is way beyond Hayden/martini from a playmaking standpoint already.

Last edited: