Fun stats on how Trubisky stacks up against his modern quarterback peers

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Just for fun.

Passer rating isn’t everything, but what if I told you Trubisky:

-has a greater passer rating than Tom Brady did his first 7 years in the NFL.

-has an IDENTICAL passer rating this year (96) to Jimmy Garoppalo’s passer rating last year with the 49ers that netted him a giant contract and national praise.

-has a greater passer rating this year than Garoppalo’s career passer rating with the 49ers. (94)

-has a greater passer rating than Cam Newton has had 7 of his 8 years in the NFL.

-has a greater passer rating than Matt Ryan has had 8 of his 11 years in the NFL.

-has a greater passer rating than Jared Goff’s career passer rating.

(And even if you’re like me and don’t fully subscribe to QBR, the below still says the kid is doing something right)

-has a higher QBR than Andrew Luck has EVER had in a season.

-has a higher QBR than Matthew Stafford has EVER had in a season.

-has a higher QBR than Matt Ryan has had 9 of his 10 seasons in the NFL.

-has a higher QBR than Ben Roethlisberger has had 9 of his 11 years when QBR has been recorded in his NFL career.

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'd have to say that's alotta fun.

I guess the critics will have to invent some type of DVOA type QB rating system that subtracts for time spent running

mecha

Liked Posts:
I think he's pretty good. he has youth on his side, if this was his young, dumb, and full of cum campaign, I would say he did alright. get him to over 4000 yards passing and less picks and I'll say the Bears won with selecting him.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
At what point do we get to stop using the
Welp, he barely played in high school
Welp, he started only one year in college.
Welp he had John Fox in year one so dont count it

The bears drafted the guy to be the future. The future is now. We are winning now. I'm cool with this.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He belongs but still needs more live action to better balance when to be aggressive and when to bail. 1st 2 words are most important right now.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Not a total fan of QBR, but it is much better to have a good QBR than a bad one, no? And the kid is winning, so while he might not be better than some of those QBs you compare him to, it shows he belong in the league and hopefully he can take us to a Superbowl victory.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
At what point do we get to stop using the
Welp, he barely played in high school
Welp, he started only one year in college.
Welp he had John Fox in year one so dont count it

The bears drafted the guy to be the future. The future is now. We are winning now. I'm cool with this.
When they become irrelevant. Facts aren't always excuses. Never heard the high school one. Now that he is nearly two seasons in as a pro, can't remember the last time I heard the only 1 college season argument, and this time next season his time under Fox and lack of time in Nagy's offense will not be an acceptable reason for him to be perform poorly. Nagy mentioned 4 years to master the offense before this season ever got started. Because some of you don't have the patience doesn;t make it untrue.
Some of you are like kids in a car going on vacation, 1 hr into a 10 hr drive and you are repeatedly asking "Are we almost there yet?"

pfcmsh

Liked Posts:
Mitch is getting better each week. His running skills are top notch. He is an accurate passer, but he is still too inconsistent. The accuracy will improve each time he plays a game. I am glad he is our QB and would not trade him, because of his superior intangibles that are needed to be a team leader, yet still be humble and part of the team. He never throws anyone under the bus but himself. Great developing draft pick.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Let the detractors hate Trubisky even after he brings home the Lombardi. I'm fine with it. I love watching him move in the pocket and make plays. Easily the most exciting QB I've seen in a Bears uni in 30 years.

E.F.Hutton

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Just for fun.

Passer rating isn’t everything, but what if I told you Trubisky:

-has a greater passer rating than Tom Brady did his first 7 years in the NFL.

Fun fact. After Brady's first seven years he had won 3 superbowls. If Mitch can surpass that number he will be a god in Chicago forever. For. Evv. Err.

Trubisky is playing better than a lot of people thought but not as good as a lot of people hoped. I think the closest comparison on your excellent chart would be Goff. Both qbs had an original coach that sucked the life out of him followed by an offensive whiz kid. It may appear Goff is the more advanced qb but as you pointed out - he isn't. Makes me happy about the future. :)

Svic

Liked Posts:
Fun fact. After Brady's first seven years he had won 3 superbowls. If Mitch can surpass that number he will be a god in Chicago forever. For. Evv. Err.

Trubisky is playing better than a lot of people thought but not as good as a lot of people hoped. I think the closest comparison on your excellent chart would be Goff. Both qbs had an original coach that sucked the life out of him followed by an offensive whiz kid. It may appear Goff is the more advanced qb but as you pointed out - he isn't. Makes me happy about the future. :)

If trubisky gets 1 he will be a legend...2 will make him god.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
He played poorly against Minnesota last time; I expect a big improvement this time.

64.5 completion %
165 Yards
1 TD
2 INT
61.9 Rating

I've already heard the pre-canned excuses of "Minnesota's back is against a wall; Chicago has nothing to play for." Please. We should be trying to get better every week for the playoffs.

And I keep hearing about how Mitch gets better every week. But if he blows this game against Minny or is flat...look at the 1st Minny game, the Rams game, the SF game....etc. Is he really getting better every week if the only aberration since playing competitive teams and not the easiest schedule in the league was sorry ass Green Bay?

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
He played poorly against Minnesota last time; I expect a big improvement this time.
And if he does, you will undoubtedly still find something to bitch about.

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think he plays better the 2nd time as well. The scheme easily gets receivers open against the defense. He just needs to play within it. I also doubt they call that deep crossing route that he threw 2 picks on last time too.

The Vikings play a lot of man coverage ... I wonder if they play more zone this week, similarly to how the 49’ers played.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
And if he does, you will undoubtedly still find something to bitch about.

I will. Thanks so much. Just like you guys have every right to fluff the guy after every game, I have the right to complain as I see fit.

- Seriously, I didn't complain about the guy at all last year. I thought he looked good considering the dialed back play book.
- I never jumped on the Watson bandwagon last year.
- I heaped praise after the Green Bay game, but people just ignore that.
- I've been critical of him this year because...well...he deserves some criticism. He has had sloppy/poor games. He's played easy opponents, and outside of TB, he's never lit anyone up.
- I wonder if he's the type of guy that can come back and win a game for us after a real deficit, like +10 points going into the 4th.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

64.5 completion %
165 Yards
1 TD
2 INT
61.9 Rating

I've already heard the pre-canned excuses of "Minnesota's back is against a wall; Chicago has nothing to play for." Please. We should be trying to get better every week for the playoffs.

And I keep hearing about how Mitch gets better every week. But if he blows this game against Minny or is flat...look at the 1st Minny game, the Rams game, the SF game....etc. Is he really getting better every week if the only aberration since playing competitive teams and not the easiest schedule in the league was sorry ass Green Bay?

Nah, his play is his play but there's always a jaundiced eye both ways. I'm more concerned with quick reads and good decisions than any other aspect of his play. I'll take a poor throw here and there as long as they're not compounding.

He doesn't get better linearly and has had some stinkers but I also think that's normal for where he's at. Can't have that excuse forever but he's still clearly in that window.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I clearly see him improving. Statistically he is not improving linearly. That is mainly due to games where he throws poorly, but still makes the right reads. He has times where he tries to do too much and makes physical mistakes throwing the ball. Just my opinion, but it looks like he gets amped up in certain games and overthrows. The Rams game comes to mind. He was still making good reads in that game, but had some awful overthrows.

If it is a case of nerves, that problem won't last long.

As far as throwing to the correct receiver, I don't see that as an issue anymore.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
When they become irrelevant. Facts aren't always excuses. Never heard the high school one. Now that he is nearly two seasons in as a pro, can't remember the last time I heard the only 1 college season argument, and this time next season his time under Fox and lack of time in Nagy's offense will not be an acceptable reason for him to be perform poorly. Nagy mentioned 4 years to master the offense before this season ever got started. Because some of you don't have the patience doesn;t make it untrue.
Some of you are like kids in a car going on vacation, 1 hr into a 10 hr drive and you are repeatedly asking "Are we almost there yet?"

There were some people here who were not only complaining that they weren't there yet but also that the amusement park where they were driving to sucked, and that was before they even got into the car.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
I'm interested in learning what Pace can do, at this point and considering the cap, to improve Mitchell's production. We know we need to address the Oline and I'd like to get another big possession receiver of Allen Robinson's caliber in here. But obviously with the Mack signing and the need to re-sign some of our own free agents, it might be difficult if not impossible to do this.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
I'm interested in learning what Pace can do, at this point and considering the cap, to improve Mitchell's production. We know we need to address the Oline and I'd like to get another big possession receiver of Allen Robinson's caliber in here. But obviously with the Mack signing and the need to re-sign some of our own free agents, it might be difficult if not impossible to do this.

Bears field one of the youngest teams in the league and a 1st year head coach. Simply having a full year under the belt could improve not only Trubisky, but Daniels, Miller, Wims, Shaheen, Cohen, Coward and several others who have very little exp. Wims could easily be the big body WR you want.