Fun stats on how Trubisky stacks up against his modern quarterback peers

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
I don't know anything about Wims, I didn't realize people thought so highly of his talent? He never plays. If we could uncover another Cameron Meredith type I think that would really bolster our WR corps

Matt2012

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Wisconsin Badgers
I talked to a few of my very reasonable Packer fan relatives over Christmas. 2 out of the 3 felt very sure that Trubisky is a bust and will surely be our downfall this postseason.
When I asked them for explanations as to why they felt that, they actually had very poor arguments that were easily refuted by actual stats and examples.

One of the arguments was that Trubisky hasn't played well from behind and folds under the pressure. That argument was really funny to me, since I really couldn't think of a single game this year where that happened. The only potential example would be the first Packer game where he was shakey when the Packers began to catch up in the 4th quarter. But since then he has not shown anything of the sort.

Yes, Trubisky has had issues this year. But most of the downers really over-exaggerate the problems and often fabricate flaws in their heads. It's comical.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
I don't know anything about Wims, I didn't realize people thought so highly of his talent? He never plays. If we could uncover another Cameron Meredith type I think that would really bolster our WR corps

He might not be anything, but could be something.

DecisiveUniqueBlueandgoldmackaw-max-1mb.gif

giphy.gif

iffybiz

Liked Posts:
Wims has good body control and excellent hands. Since he doesn’t have top end speed he needs to work on route running to be able to get separation. If he becomes a good route runner he could be a Brandon Marshall type (without the crazy).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This thread is surprisingly on point and covers his strengths and areas of need. WTH happened to the pissy pants CCS we've been used to for years? I guess 11-12 wins will do that.

My take...he's progressing faster than Nagy expected if you look at what he's been saying. Exciting to know the ceiling awaits.

Cool comparisons made here to the early years of the now currently known greats.

Mjiton

Liked Posts:
Mitch is doing fine.