Future of the Bulls

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
damn that guy, minus the face, looks just like durant. even runs and dunks like him. i just read as well Mirotic won't be signed until 2014. 0% chance it happens this year.

ChicagoGr

Liked Posts:
Is it possible for us to get Steph Curry? What would they demand for him?

Steph Curry...best shooter in the league. My favourite player.
We will NEVER get him though.
He recently signed a multi-year contract, he loves playing for the warriors, they would demand too much
AND he is (mainly) a PG. We have a star PG, remember?
That said, a Rose - Curry combo would the the best ever...

About Adetokunbo, I don't think he's going to be a lottery pick but he is not going to fall to us either.
Mock drafts place him in #16 but it's too early to tell

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
this draft is really weak a guy his size that has point guard skills with potential is gonna spark attention...i think some team in the lotto will take a gamble on him

hes going 16(to celtics) right now because danny anige recently spoke out about him saying how he visited him and liked him...i expect him to rise up the boards when its closer to draft time...regardless he dont make it pass celtics pick

and yes celtics pick before us

thechosenone

Liked Posts:
If we lose all the remaining games, and finish 7th, will we get a better seed in the draft?
If yes I really can't get why the Bulls win games! They will play against the Heat in the semi finals, AND they will get a worse seed in the draft. Nobody there to tell Thibs to "rest" some more players?

scottiepippen1994

Liked Posts:
As it stands, this is Derrick Rose's team. The Chicago born and bred superstar is undoubtedly the citie's most popular athlete since the days of Michael Jordan.

However, the consensus around the NBA is this: Chicago will not be able to beat Miami in a seven game series without another legit superstar. I would like to discuss this concept, along with a few different takes on what the Bulls can do in order to achieve elite status (win a championship).

First and foremost, this Bulls team is deep. Even without Derrick Rose, we have managed to make the playoffs despite Thibs driving his players the way Jeff Gordon rides Chevrolets. With the emergence of second year backup Jimmy Butler and FA Nate Robinson, the Bulls have been able to replenish their bench which has been among the best in the NBA these past three seasons. Taj Gibson (who would start for half the teams in the league) is the defensive anchor of the second unit. When Rose returns from injury, it will allow Kirk to come off bench which will only add to their depth.

But does depth win NBA championships? I remember an ultra deep Portland Trailblazers team in the late 90's that just could not contend with the star power of the Lakers, even though the ref's made bad calls. Or going even farther back, Reggie Miller led Pacer teams could never beat the Bulls when it mattered most, the last game of a playoff series. Sure there is the instance of a deep team that lacked a legit superstar, 2003-2004 Detroit Pistons, who won against a trio of future (and current) NBA hall of famers. At best, we can label that as an outlier. Outliers do not repeat.

If the Bulls are to go the way of consolidating elite talent, how should they approach the task? A few names that come to mind are Kevin Love, Eric Gordon, and Tyreke Evans, yet none of them stand out as anything other than short-term statistical stars due to the fact they have yet to even taste the playoffs (maybe that is part of being in the west).

We have the assets to land any of them in the form of Jimmy Butler, Taj, Bobcats pick, and our Euro stash Nikola Mirotic. But given the market for NBA talent these past few seasons, it would seem (at least to me) that the Bulls would be giving up more than any other team to get unproven sensations. Think what the Lakers gave up for Gasol and Howard, what N.Y. traded to land Melo, how Brooklyn landed Deron Williams or what the Clippers gave up to nab Paul.?.?.?

There is of course another route: the NBA draft. This years draft looks to be extremely deep in scoring guards. Yet out of all the talent that has/will declare, IMO Victor Oladipo is the most intriguing. Not just because of his upside (a guard who can play stellar defense, shot nearly 60% from the field and more than 40% from the three), but because he stills looks to be under valued due to the sub-par performance of Indiana. Had the Hoosiers made it the final 4, i believe Oladipo would have secured top 5 status.

Now much can change by draft day. VO could wow the socks off of GM's with the combine and individual workouts. But at this point in time, it looks as though he will be in a "friendlier" position to trade up to nab.

I'd say the Bulls play asset management, and try to draft Victor Oladipo. At least they would not have to give up so much talent that they are not better off than they were before, a.k.a, subtraction through addition.

Any thoughts?

"The future of the Bulls"..................2013 NBA Champions

Chi-Town Brahma

Liked Posts:
Its not so much as being aggressive as getting the right deal. The Lakers somehow constantly rip off other teams for star players? Why cant we?

Sent from the interwebz using ancient technology

I just wish we would make moves at all when the right deal presents itself. Damn, I said "wish". I'm starting to reach here..

We aren't the Lakers and Stern doesn't allow that.

So true :lol:

Shuggiepato

Liked Posts:
Anyway the bulls send there 1st rounder this year to the bobcats to secure there 2014 1st to have a chance at wiggins or Parker