CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Just going to bump this for bump sake. Only pre-season but still.

Harris: 20min 0-2 0pts, 2rbs 2asst. < McBuckets 26min 5-8 (3/4 from 3) 16pts 5rbs 2asst.

Doug is a better rebounder and defender than I thought he would be even in preseason. If he could drop a bit of body fat % to gain a bit of quickness along with getting stronger, he is going to be scary if he plays consistently like this as a rookie. :kermit:

On another note, the other part of the trade, Nurkic looked great.
Best Bump of 2014.

And I agree with you about his rebounding/defense. Any of that after his offense is just cake to me.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
Are people forgetting that Jusuf Nurkic was also part of the trade that brought Doug to Chicago?

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Are people forgetting that Jusuf Nurkic was also part of the trade that brought Doug to Chicago?
We just prefer to ignore him. We'll also ignore all the points he scored against us.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Also....isn't Gary F**kin Harris a point guard?

How the hell does that help us?

DirtyDutchDiggler

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. LA Galaxy
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Miami Dolphins
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Miami Hurricanes

I did not ignore him if you read last part of my post but lets be honest, he will be third string on that team behind Mozgov and McGee. So say that Harris is a non-factor and a bust (which I am not implying at all right now), then which would your rather have, Doug or Nurkic? Nurkic went 1-8 against the Laker's LOL Sacre, 1-4 against OKC's front court that didn't even play a backup center and only a backup PF who I never heard before (Talib Zanna). He put up a decent game against Phoenix who has no legit backup center and a bunch of unproven backup PFs. We had Mirotic guard him for one play who he outweighs by 60lbs then had Taj on him. Most of his scores are one dimentional and layups because we were more worried about Faried and Denver has always been good at spreading us out so lets not go overboard he is Asik with better post moves.

Xplosive

In the Land of the Blind the One Eyed Fan Is Neggd
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
Nurkic is averaging 10 rebs a game in 19 mins, G. Harris is avg 7pts in 22 mins, and McDerm is avg 11pts in 30mins a game. Wake me up when DMC has risen above the fact that the Bulls gave up 3 draft picks for a guy that is no better than Kyle Korver.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nurkic is averaging 10 rebs a game in 19 mins, G. Harris is avg 7pts in 22 mins, and McDerm is avg 11pts in 30mins a game. Wake me up when DMC has risen above the fact that the Bulls gave up 3 draft picks for a guy that is no better than Kyle Korver.

McDermott is good. Harris is a project. What are the Bulls going to do with another big man when they already have Noah, Pau, Taj, and Mirotic?

And if the Bulls couldn't get McDermott and traded those picks for Kyle Korver instead, I'd have been okay with that move, too.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If you've seen McDermott play, you would know he's better than Korver

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If you've seen McDermott play, you would know he's better than Korver

Way more athleticism. Korver can shoot it when he's open but McDermott has the height and lift to shot over people. He can finish at the rim. He's not a good defender yet but I know he will be.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Way more athleticism. Korver can shoot it when he's open but McDermott has the height and lift to shot over people. He can finish at the rim. He's not a good defender yet but I know he will be.
Korver can get his shot off over people too...they're like the same height, but yeah McDermott has much better finishing ability in the paint and the ability to drive. His shooting I believe will be on par with Korver. He's basically a superpowered Korver...one who has a little athleticism and more than one dimension to his scoring ability. Idk if Doug will ever be a good defender, but I think he can be a good team defender, at least as good as Korver was.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Korver can get his shot off over people too...they're like the same height, but yeah McDermott has much better finishing ability in the paint and the ability to drive. His shooting I believe will be on par with Korver. He's basically a superpowered Korver...one who has a little athleticism and more than one dimension to his scoring ability. Idk if Doug will ever be a good defender, but I think he can be a good team defender, at least as good as Korver was.

Same height but it looks to me like he has longer arms and more lift (to see over and get his shot over defenders). So pretty much what you said. He's everything Korver is but a little bit more. It's hard to say if he's quite as good of a pure shooter as Korver yet, but I think he might be...

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Same height but it looks to me like he has longer arms and more lift (to see over and get his shot over defenders). So pretty much what you said. He's everything Korver is but a little bit more. It's hard to say if he's quite as good of a pure shooter as Korver yet, but I think he might be...
I actually think Korver jumps more on his shot than McDermott. McDermott probably does have longer arms. Either way, their shots are so quick that they don't really have to worry about getting blocked. And perhaps I'm drinking the Kool Aid, but I think McDermott came in just as good as Korver at shooting the 3.

Xplosive

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
McDermott is good. Harris is a project. What are the Bulls going to do with another big man when they already have Noah, Pau, Taj, and Mirotic?

And if the Bulls couldn't get McDermott and traded those picks for Kyle Korver instead, I'd have been okay with that move, too.
1st. you would be fired immediatley for trading the #16 and #19 pick for a one dimensional borderline starter which is what Korver is. Not to mention adding in an extra second rounder and a bad contract to boot.... Taj and Mirotic are big men? I mean I guess 230lbs is big until you consider that LBJ was 260lbs prior to his new diet. If they didn't need another big man why is Bairstow/Nazr/Jones on the roster? Regarless, at this point its time to be optimisitic so I'm not in the mood to be down about rotations and player personnel. There will be plenty of time to argue about who was the better pick and if GarPax made the right moves. So for the most part I will ignore the attempts to troll me by bumping this thread.

They are the same height, so shooting over people is a wash. Korver has proven to be a legit offensive weapon that consistently hit clutch shots and his shot has been more reliable. MCD has shown that he is more athletic, more aggressive, and can consistently get to the foul line but I wouldn't say he's proven that he's better or more useful than Korver.

Papa Wheelie

Liked Posts:
1st. you would be fired immediatley for trading the #16 and #19 pick for a one dimensional borderline starter which is what Korver is. Not to mention adding in an extra second rounder and a bad contract to boot.... Taj and Mirotic are big men? I mean I guess 230lbs is big until you consider that LBJ was 260lbs prior to his new diet. If they didn't need another big man why is Bairstow/Nazr/Jones on the roster? Regarless, at this point its time to be optimisitic so I'm not in the mood to be down about rotations and player personnel. There will be plenty of time to argue about who was the better pick and if GarPax made the right moves. So for the most part I will ignore the attempts to troll me by bumping this thread.

They are the same height, so shooting over people is a wash. Korver has proven to be a legit offensive weapon that consistently hit clutch shots and his shot has been more reliable. MCD has shown that he is more athletic, more aggressive, and can consistently get to the foul line but I wouldn't say he's proven that he's better or more useful than Korver.

It's comical that you want to keep this going.... 1st, the Bulls had 45 2nd round picks. They acquired a lot of "assets" to be able to make a move. That 2nd was a 'throw in' to get the deal done. Simply, to move up to the 10th pick, you have to trade something. In this case it was our 1st two picks, or more assets that the Bulls collected.

Also, Nurkic and Harris were Denver picks, you have no idea who the Bulls would have selected had the trade not gone through. Furthermore, had McD not been taken at #10, you don't know how the draft would have fallen.

The Bulls got the guy they targeted. They brought in Niko, who some say would have gone as high as #4 in the draft. You're arguing about Nurkic when the Bulls have put together the deepest front line in the NBA? McD is already showing signs that he could crack the starting lineup.

The Bulls also have a 13 man deep roster, they simply did not have the roster room to draft a whole bunch of players. Nor did they want to add salary, at the time, when they were targeting Melo or Love. They fell back to a 3rd option pretty darn well imo.

Harris would not give the Bulls anything that our b/u SG's wouldn't give us this year, and he's not good enough to develop for the future. I like Nurkic's size, but how can you complain about the front line the Bulls have put together.

Lastly, McD has the chance to be a star. No one knows exactly how good he will be in the end. However, the Bulls knew the worst case would be that he is a player like Korver, which was a MAJOR need for the team.

And let's remember, YOU were demanding that GarPax be fired, when in fact, they had an extremely good off season, not to mention keeping the team under the tax threshold, and in good financial shape moving forward, with potentially another two 1st's next year as well!

Ridiculous to go on about this ignorant stuff imo!

Xplosive

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
It's comical that you want to keep this going....

:deer:
I didn't bump this thread champ, opinions and assholes are everywhere. To each his own.

Papa Wheelie

Liked Posts:
:deer:
I didn't bump this thread champ, opinions and assholes are everywhere. To each his own.

No one said you bumped the thread. However, when you make a monumentally ignorant thread, it becomes worthy to be bumped. Face it, you had a freakin meltdown about the Bulls draft.

Xplosive

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
No one said you bumped the thread. However, when you make a monumentally ignorant thread, it becomes worthy to be bumped. Face it, you had a freakin meltdown about the Bulls draft.
Is that your opinion or are you just being an asshole?

Either way, "worthy of being bumped"....thanks I guess.
Sorry you missed it but we've ran this course already, nothing has changed, been proven, or disproved. G. Harris has played two poor games against the Bulls and been pretty decent in limited time against most other teams. Time will reveal, I have no problem accepting anything so if we are all lucky I will be wrong, but not even close yet.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Well per 36 I'm sure McDermott still has better numbers than Harris if you're gonna whine about minutes. After Monday, I'm sure Nurkic probably lofted himself over both per 36. I'm down for reserving judgment until the season has started, but since the initial comparison was Harris vs McDermott, it's looking like it favors McDermott.