GDT: Blackhawks (6-0-2) @ Flames (1-3-1) 9PM

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
Kane's been carrying the entire play on that 2nd line.

Bolland in Minny and Vancouver (before getting "hurt"), was invisible...in every aspect of the game. Not something a second line center should be...playing between a red hot Kane..and a guy like Sharp.

Sharp was handling the puck/trying to stickhandle through the D way too much...hes good when he's looking to go to open spots on the ice and is accurate with the puck.

I think there was a play where he had a clear cut 2 on 1 (vs Minny or Van maybe?) with Hossa...and he got caught from behind. It was pathetic

Ashor-redtribe

Liked Posts:
Kane's been carrying the entire play on that 2nd line.

Bolland in Minny and Vancouver (before getting "hurt"), was invisible...in every aspect of the game. Not something a second line center should be...playing between a red hot Kane..and a guy like Sharp.

Sharp was handling the puck/trying to stickhandle through the D way too much...hes good when he's looking to go to open spots on the ice and is accurate with the puck.

I think there was a play where he had a clear cut 2 on 1 (vs Minny or Van maybe?) with Hossa...and he got caught from behind. It was pathetic

Simply put, IMO Sharp has been a step behind of everyone else.

Toews is playing well but everyone knows he is a slow starter.

Kane and Hossa have been carrying this team.

R K

Kane is the only player that played and since the quick start from Hossa, you can tell.

R K

Simply put, IMO he has been a step behind of everyone else.

I don't know if it's a step behind, verses he's not making good decisions with the puck and when he is it's not going on the net. He's missing high or wide.

2nd on the team with missed shots. Hossa is first with 12, then again he's at 20%, not 7%.

Ton

Liked Posts:
Yea and his 7% shooting with some unreal chances makes it ever worse. With all his chances he SHOULD be leading the team in points right now. I'm a huge Sharp fan but the fact he hasn't played in three months is quite clear, while it's a little less clear from Toews and Hossa, IMO. Then again I guess Sharps crazy passing the past three games isn't that obvious, or the fact he's just missing the net.

But I know, the rookie, who's been playing his ass off is far easier to call out.

Oh and the "he needs to shoot more".. Maybe try looking at the stats first before throwing out complete bullshit.

He's 2nd on the team in SOG with 26. Only Hossa has more at 30, yet Hossa's percentage is 20% while Sharp is at 7%.

SO shoot more, twice that of your team mates, you'll get more goals. I get it. And really I'm ok with that as long as he stops passing the puck into the middle of no where.

That's always been Sharp's game.

26 shots averages to 2.9 shots a game... last year he averaged 3.8 shots a game. Maybe that extra shot goes in every couple nights.

Ton

Liked Posts:
And you guys are acting like I'm saying Sharp is carrying the team. I'm not, I know he's a complimentary player to someone like Kane or Toews and will never carry his own line, but let's not point out the obvious here. Other than finishing his chances, he's not really doing as bad of a job as you guys make it seem.

He's not scoring, but he's a streaky player so that will come around. At least he's still producing some offense (2nd in assists), playing physical (5th in hits), and playing fine defensively (4 takeaways; giveaway/takeaway ratio is better than Toews, Saad, Shaw, Stalberg, including all the defenseman that get a pretty minute; +1). It's nothing new with Sharp. He's not hurting the team right now, and not making rookie mistakes so there's no chance Quenneville will bench him.

Everyone's passing was off last game, the ice was awful! It's a joke that you would bring that up. I'm not talking about that with Saad. I have yet to see Sharp make a mistake like Saad did in the defensive zone (made a few mistakes, that video I provided was the only one that was caught). You can't make that play. That's all I'm saying, he looked like a rookie against the Flames -- and all I said was I hope Quenneville gives him some slack for it, and I think he will. The only thing Sharp is guilty of against the Flames was the fact that he didn't score on the 3 or 4 chances he had. If you want to dwell on that, fine, but Saad didn't have a good game -- every time he did something good, he negated it with a rookie mistake. Try not to take that out of context again.

R K

That's always been Sharp's game.

26 shots averages to 2.9 shots a game... last year he averaged 3.8 shots a game. Maybe that extra shot goes in every couple nights.

I know exactly what his game is and right now, it's off.

But thanks for the insight.

xatruio

Liked Posts:
i think the mistake you reference by Saad, although not any help, was actually a cough up by Seabs. They tangled up (both faults), rookie kinda scrambled to give him space with the puck... am i wrong? understandable nerves lead to the tie-up and awkward puck handling

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Can't believe there is bitching going on over a team who has started 7-0-2.

Oh yea... Sharp has sucked.

Ok there's my bitch for the year.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
I wasn't bitching just saying I think sharp isn't playing well and have no problems with the ROOKIE playing on the top line.

At least far less than the PRO who isn't with the game yet IMO.

7-0-2 and the top of the power rankings, not much to bitch about yet.

http://www.nhl.com/i...id=nhl:topheads

I actually wasn't being sarcastic with the "Sharp has sucked" comment. That's really my only legit complaint so far.

Ton

Liked Posts:
Comparing Saad to Sharp is one of the dumbest things I've ever read on this board, but continue.

I like Saad, but he made rookie mistakes and will learn from them. He thought he was in juniors again for this game. Even Q in his post-game presser acknowledged that to a certain extent without going into much detail.

This is kinda the reason I wanted Saad to start off on the 3rd line. He hasn't produced points, started his career on a drought, and he could be getting a bit nervous. This game was evidence that he is starting to do too much. In Juniors it worked, at this level it will hurt the team. I hope he can stay calm because he can't afford to have games like this. We'll see what happens next game, I hope he can turn it around, he was great against Vancouver. If he can play like he did that game then he'll produce points in no time.

Despite all that, I think the choice to use Saad as the 3rd shooter was a good option if we needed it. Sharp hasn't finished lately, then again neither has Saad but I wanted him to shoot against Vancouver so it would have been nice to see how he did against the Flames and get that chance. Seemed like Q was pushing Saad's limits all night by putting him in key situations, by all accounts it wasn't an easy night for him but it could be good experience for him.

Take it for what it's worth, it's a god damn opinion...

R K

No one was comparing them because really there is none. One is a rookie learning the ropes and the other a Stanley Cup seasoned veteran, no where near ready. Reading comprehension is a fundamental tool.

Ton

Liked Posts:
i think the mistake you reference by Saad, although not any help, was actually a cough up by Seabs. They tangled up (both faults), rookie kinda scrambled to give him space with the puck... am i wrong? understandable nerves lead to the tie-up and awkward puck handling

It was the only one caught on video, Seabrook wasn't on the ice, I attached the link to the post. There were a handful of rookie mistakes I noticed... you're thinking of a different play though, so you could be right about that.

Here is the video again. He makes a good play in the corner but totally negates the positives of it by committing a brutal turnover. That defenseman pinched too, if he banks that puck off the boards he's off on a 2-on-1 with Toews -- instead he tried putting it between the defenders legs and the Flames got 2-3 prime scoring chances. I noticed a few plays from him in the defensive zone that were just as dangerous.

EDIT: I just realized you were talking about a separate play

Ton

Liked Posts:
I bring up the rookie, someone replies with "still didn't have as many issues as Sharp did" as if they are comparable issues.

Not even worth explaining, and I don't really care anymore.

<

PatrickSharpRules

Liked Posts:
You guys are all crazy, haven't you learned from me that Patrick Sharp Rules?
<