GDT Chicago vs Vancouver

Ton

Liked Posts:
There are other things to love, but it's hard to find them. When I come to Chicago you can all show me good times.

You can love us anytime.

Just kidding, we are all going to love you instead.

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
Luongo was lucky. Two pucks rang both posts before going out, and one puck was halfway across the goal line. Hawks' PP has gone to shit again.

Please destroy Calgary tomorrow night.

roshinaya

fnord
Donator
Liked Posts:
Someone on the Hawks better get 5 pts tomorrow like everyone else around the league seems to get lately. Getting tired of these one goal games.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
An offsides goal that shouldnt have count... or the Hawks get 2 points.

Oh well... still a good showing on the road.

I'll take 4-0-2 on this fuckin Special person "collective road trip" the hawks are on.

Not a lot to bitch about... the Hawks outplayed the Nucks last game.

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
it was nice to get a point after tieing it up late and then having to kill three PKs including 71 secs of 5 on 3 at the end of regulation. Wasn't crazy with our PP at the end of the OT.

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
that game was a snooze fest. here is hoping for a more exciting game against the flames. only thing more boring than tonights game is the hawks powerplay...welcome back last year..whats happened?

pk is outstanding though. and still undefeated in regulation!!

Mach29

Liked Posts:
the canadian dream' timestamp='1359790316 said:
that game was a snooze fest. here is hoping for a more exciting game against the flames. only thing more boring than tonights game is the hawks powerplay...welcome back last year..whats happened?

pk is outstanding though. and still undefeated in regulation!!

Boring, poor passing,couldn't put any degree of sustained pressure on a team that was looking to be beaten. I'm definitely not going to get lulled into thinking we are playoff material after watching that. I hope it's not last year all over again but squeaking out one goal wins doesn't tell the story.

Hope it gets better.

puterwiz53

Liked Posts:
The 2nd line seems to be a disaster except for Kaner. Bolly has been terrible the last few games. Shaw and Kaner seem to have some chemistry together. It just may be time to bringup a couple from the farm who are hungry and sit a couple of players for a game or two. Where is the hustle and the fire they had the first few games? Time for at least a shake up of some sort.

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
lets not get carried away with the idea that the hawks need to sit players and go to the farm. this is still a team playing sound defense even when the scoring goes down. problems arent getting the chances but finishing them. there are a few guys that need to start finishing and they will. q might adjust a few things against the flames. but you have to give credit to the defensive system and craw. wether one likes defensive hockey or not its important.

the biggest issue last night and against the wild is the pp has disapeared yet again. thats why the scorings down right now. im not sure what the answer is there.

you dont go benching players though when your record shows no regulation losses.

Chief Walking Stick

Donator
Liked Posts:
lets not get carried away with the idea that the hawks need to sit players and go to the farm. this is still a team playing sound defense even when the scoring goes down. problems arent getting the chances but finishing them. there are a few guys that need to start finishing and they will. q might adjust a few things against the flames. but you have to give credit to the defensive system and craw. wether one likes defensive hockey or not its important.

the biggest issue last night and against the wild is the pp has disapeared yet again. thats why the scorings down right now. im not sure what the answer is there.

you dont go benching players though when your record shows no regulation losses.

Great post!

Preach it sistah!

Ton

Liked Posts:
When is Q going to learn that Sharp can't score in the shootout?

Toews, Kane, Hossa. What's wrong with that? Why can't he do that?

BiscuitintheBasket

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Bingo!

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
it doesnt help when you are killing powerplays for half a period either. but the best thing is they are kulling them and its fun to watch them do so. ive said it before on a personal level i prefer a productive pk over a productive pp. goals are fun and i love offensive games like the next fan but a good pk is exciting to me esp when the games on the line like it was all through the third period last night.

i have a feeling the offense fans will get their enjoyment tonight against the flames even though the team might be a little tired...which is another reason why scorings down now too. this is well travelled team right now thanks to the schedule.

Chief Walking Stick

Donator
Liked Posts:
Now TCD thinks he knows everything... way to go guys.

Douches...

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
I don't think Hossa likes/wants to do shootouts

Who knows who does well at practices...Toews/Kane are going no matter what..after that, it's a crap shoot

Why didn't VAN have either Sedin, Hansen, Raymond...go...over Lapierre or Schroeder

It's a shootouts...there's no science to it. Who would've thought Aucoin would've been good and he was lights out a few years ago for PHX

Ton

Liked Posts:
I don't think Hossa likes/wants to do shootouts

Who knows who does well at practices...Toews/Kane are going no matter what..after that, it's a crap shoot

Why didn't VAN have either Sedin, Hansen, Raymond...go...over Lapierre or Schroeder

It's a shootouts...there's no science to it. Who would've thought Aucoin would've been good and he was lights out a few years ago for PHX

I hope you're not serious with that.

I don't care who Vancouver throws out there -- at this point Q has to take Sharp off of the shootout line-up. Even if it's not Hossa. Leddy was an interesting choice though, too bad he missed the net.

6-0-2 is still a great start, sucks to lose a skills competition to Vancouver but maybe that'll keep the fire going. Anyone know Bolland's status?

CLWolf81

Fan Captain
Liked Posts:
When is Q going to learn that Sharp can't score in the shootout?

Toews, Kane, Hossa. What's wrong with that? Why can't he do that?

More like "Why isn't Saad doing the shootout?" It isn't like Sharp isn't doing anything....

.... and to add insult to injury, he brings in Leddy after Sharp? Please explain that one to me.

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
Serious with what? Hossa not wanting to do it? Why is it sacrilegious that he doesn't like doing them? Lots of players don't like or feel comfy doing them

Just as some guys are average/below avg players are really good at them - some really good players may not be. Why is that so asinine?

Sharp hit the cross bar the last game...why not let him shoot again

If Sharp doesnt shoot...the same people would be pissing and moaning 'why does so and so go instead of Sharp'