GDT: Hawks @ Sens and stuff...

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Pez68" data-cid="237018" data-time="1414769899">
<div>

You realize Keith is left handed and it is impossible to take a one timer when the puck is being passed from your right?</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

Who the fuck said anything about a one timer... take the shot. Hossa wasn't taking one timers. he couldn't set up the shot either.</p>

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
HAWKS WIN!!!!!</p>

</p>

Now lets complain that they didn't win good enough!!!!</p>

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="MassHavoc" data-cid="237017" data-time="1414769893">
<div>

To bad with all the free OT points 107 ain't what it used to be... but it's still good for 7th highest last year. I'm not worried about this team yet, I would have worried if they continued to struggle to score. I would have worried if that was Crawford. But they got the win they needed to get to snap the downward trend and their starting goalie still hasn't lost in regulation.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

And the Kings were the 8th seed last season and won the Cup.  Just get through the regular season without injuries and it's anyone's ballgame.</p>

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="MassHavoc" data-cid="237019" data-time="1414769939">
<div>

Who the fuck said anything about a one timer... take the shot. Hossa wasn't taking one timers. he couldn't set up the shot either.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Hossa wasn't taking one-timers?? lmao... What do you call it when you fire the puck without catching it? He had at least 4 one-timers that were all blocked. Did you even watch the game? They were playing hot potato because the only strategy they had, apparently, was passing to Hossa for the shot. This isn't the first time they've done it either. Game 7 vs. LA in the 5 on 3 was pretty much just as pathetic.</p>

</p>

Please go back and watch that sequence of events and tell me at what point Keith should have shot. He had a player filling his shooting lane THE ENTIRE TIME, because they were just standing still.</p>

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
The Hawks are trying to run a 1-3-1 except the problem is you need the correct setup to do so.

If they set up on the right side board with Kane, you need the off side guy (Typically Sharp) as a righty. The guy in the middle/ slot need to be a righty (Hossa). Preferably, who ever is down low (Toews) from that position should be lefty that way they are passing across the goal mouth to sharp, not through the net. Keiths spot should be righty as well so Kane would have 4 guys loaded to take a shot, but 3 is just fine too.

Imo, get Shaw out in front as a righty thus he can screen as well as be an option for Kane and Toews and run it that way. The Flyers and Capitals both run their PPs this way and are rather difficult to stop.

or you could try this:

http://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/594202

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Trev" data-cid="237030" data-time="1414784167">
<div>

The Hawks are trying to run a 1-3-1 except the problem is you need the correct setup to do so.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

<span style="font-size:18px;"><span style="color:#ee82ee;">It's hard to do this on a 4 on 3 in OT.</span></span></p>

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
Shit, didn't read that part. Either way, play a 1-3 with a guy in front two flanks, and a guy at the point. Tons of options there if you move the puck and guys move a bit.

I was kind of shocked how with so much open ice they had that the PPers sat so far out. It's fine to spread out, but two guys on the damp blue line? Move up.

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Trev" data-cid="237030" data-time="1414784167">
<div>

The Hawks are trying to run a 1-3-1 except the problem is you need the correct setup to do so.

If they set up on the right side board with Kane, you need the off side guy (Typically Sharp) as a righty. The guy in the middle/ slot need to be a righty (Hossa). Preferably, who ever is down low (Toews) from that position should be lefty that way they are passing across the goal mouth to sharp, not through the net. Keiths spot should be righty as well so Kane would have 4 guys loaded to take a shot, but 3 is just fine too.

Imo, get Shaw out in front as a righty thus he can screen as well as be an option for Kane and Toews and run it that way. The Flyers and Capitals both run their PPs this way and are rather difficult to stop.

or you could try this:

http://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/594202</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

<span style="font-size:14px;">Exactly man. This isn't just this PP, either. It's a constant problem. The setup is just wrong. You have to have guys playing on their offhanded side on the PP. If your shooters are mostly lefty, well, then setup on the left side boards instead.</span></p>

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Pez68" data-cid="237022" data-time="1414770232">
<div>

Hossa wasn't taking one-timers?? lmao... What do you call it when you fire the puck without catching it? He had at least 4 one-timers that were all blocked. Did you even watch the game? They were playing hot potato because the only strategy they had, apparently, was passing to Hossa for the shot. This isn't the first time they've done it either. Game 7 vs. LA in the 5 on 3 was pretty much just as pathetic.</p>

</p>

Please go back and watch that sequence of events and tell me at what point Keith should have shot. He had a player filling his shooting lane THE ENTIRE TIME, because they were just standing still.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

Are you fucking kidding me? Fine show me where to watch it again. All I remember is hossa recieving the pass and and then settling it down and shooting it straight into the defender... Keith had a defender in his lane the entire time? Hossa didn't get one shot to the net. Keith had plenty of opportunities to move the puck elsewhere and either go to the net or cycle it to someone else, instead the sat there and wasted what seemed to be half the power play trying to force a shot from Hossa.</p>

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
I think you were drinking. That was the first shot he took. He took several others, all blocked. Most of them one-timers.</p>

</p>

Read the article that Trev posted. He explains the problem PERFECTLY. </p>

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hossa's first (I believe) shot hit Anderson in the shoulder, nearly knocked him over, and almost went in.  After that shot, every Hossa shot was blocked or wide of the net.  No one else attempted or took a shot.  Made it easy for the Sens to defend toe PP.</p>

</p>

On the other hand, Clarke MacArthur's PP goal, in which he took the puck from below the goal line and attacked the goal crease, sliding it under Darling, was the type of PP goal Toews used to make on a regular basis back in 2010.  Almost never see the Hawks try that move anymore.  And even if the shooter doesn't put it past the goalie, there's often a rebound and someone crashing the net can put in a rebound for a greasy goal. </p>

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Mikita's Helmet" data-cid="237039" data-time="1414813725">
<div>

Hossa's first (I believe) shot hit Anderson in the shoulder, nearly knocked him over, and almost went in.  After that shot, every Hossa shot was blocked or wide of the net.  No one else attempted or took a shot.  Made it easy for the Sens to defend toe PP.</p>

</p>

On the other hand, Clarke MacArthur's PP goal, in which he took the puck from below the goal line and attacked the goal crease, sliding it under Darling, was the type of PP goal Toews used to make on a regular basis back in 2010.  Almost never see the Hawks try that move anymore.  And even if the shooter doesn't put it past the goalie, there's often a rebound and someone crashing the net can put in a rebound for a greasy goal. </p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

That someone on some occasions has been Shaw, definitely his game to get on the net and clean up table scraps. To much thinking and trying to be pretty by the players on the PP. Makes me wonder what are they working on during special teams PP practice.</p>