1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Some NHL types think the NHL should fold the Phoenix Coyotes this summer since the Greg Jamison deal has fallen through and hold a dispersal draft for their players. One NHL executive said the NHL would rather have the expansion money, around $400 million per team, from areas like Quebec City, Kansas City and Seattle instead of relocating them there. They also want to put a second Toronto team in Markham. Moving the Coyotes to Quebec City does make the most sense though.
Was on MyNHLTradeRumors.com, they didn't list a source on this like 99% of everything else there, though I saw something like this on Puck Daddy last off-season too. Also cites New York Post (Larry Brooks) saying that realignment talks between NHL and NHLPA will be next week and be aimed towards next season.

What do you all think?
I think folding a franchise is a sign of weakness, especially if it is only to make an extra buck, though if more time is indeed needed to negotiate with prospective owners in other markets, the team really is a burden to the league to play another season.

Quebec, Seattle, and Toronto (mostly Quebec and Toronto) I want to see get teams should their be any expansion/relocation, but KC seems like another terrible hockey market, though I could be wrong.

IvyPickin87

Sinkin Putts ****in Butts
Donator
Liked Posts:
I actually think Kansas City would be a good hockey city. I go down there frequently, and a lot of people want to see a team there. I wouldnt mind it, be the closest city to go see the B-hawks for me. I hope they get it. I know they were ecstatic when it looked like the Pens were moving there. I could be wrong but I think they will show up if they get the chance, the fans show up in KC for their garbage teams already this would give them something to show up for in the winter.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
I actually think Kansas City would be a good hockey city. I go down there frequently, and a lot of people want to see a team there. I wouldnt mind it, be the closest city to go see the B-hawks for me. I hope they get it. I know they were ecstatic when it looked like the Pens were moving there. I could be wrong but I think they will show up if they get the chance, the fans show up in KC for their garbage teams already this would give them something to show up for in the winter.

I guess a lack of NBA competition would help anyway.