Giants may be looking to trade Osi Umen....uhhh, yeah that dude!

Kansacity88

Liked Posts:
Do you think its even remotely possible that he ends up a Bear? Just wanna get an opinion or two, because this story, somehow, made it to ESPN Chicago's website and it had NOTHING linking it to Chicago in the entire story.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I doubt it.

ChitwnRyan60452

@Chitown_Ryan
Liked Posts:
It's possible, I remember hearing the Osi for Briggs rumors right after the season. But for what its going to cost I'd much rather draft a DE.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yea, you would have to look at how he would fit under our cap... We have barely enough cap room for draft pic's right now. He still looking for 4 years $40mil. Ouch to that and he's 30.

Last edited:

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I don't think it would work money wise. We'd have to trade away some players.. and idk who that would be.

I don't think he winds up a Chicago Bear.

Uman85

Oh Yeah.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Umenyiora is the name you're looking for. ;)

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Yea, you would have to look at how he would fit under our cap... We have barely enough cap room for draft pic's right now. He still looking for 4 years $40mil. Ouch to that and he's 30.

We gave Peppers $100 million and he's on the wrong side of 30. If he was willing to take a front-loaded deal with a larger bonus so our cap wasn't eaten up, I think a third-round pick for Osi wouldn't be a bad deal. He proved last year he's still an elite player who can snag be disruptive.

Kansacity88

Liked Posts:
But get this.....NOW Osi is saying that whoever he goes to DOES NOT need to rework his contract!

Goose6

Liked Posts:
hmmm a 3rd rounder for him would be pretty awesome.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
But get this.....NOW Osi is saying that whoever he goes to DOES NOT need to rework his contract!

Ok, um, sure but you still have to have room under your cap. If he was so agreeable earlier this off season, I bet we could have made a move for him.

bleacherbum54

GoCubsGo
Liked Posts:
It's possible, I remember hearing the Osi for Briggs rumors right after the season. But for what its going to cost I'd much rather draft a DE.

That would be a awful trade for Chicago trade our best overall defensive player(for our scheme) IMO for a broken down player who cant produce anywhere close to what Briggs can.

Just a pick for Osi would be bad he has bad knees and we dont have the cap room to afford him

Last edited: