Gil Brandt: NFL's 10 most talented teams - NFL.com

The Big Grabowski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Some interesting ranking here with the Bears—I think quite legitimately—coming in at #3.

New England does more with less thanks to Brady and Belichek. That’s why they get the nod here. The Cowboys way up there at #2 is Brandt being a bit of a homer, no doubt.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Cowboys have a ton of talent.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Where are the Lions? Shouldn't Stad Padford move them into the top 10 all by himself??

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Where are the Lions? Shouldn't Stad Padford move them into the top 10 all by himself??
cause he knows they ain't going to the playoffs.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I think pace has been a rockstar collecting talent fir this team the last two offseasons. But the main one that matters is trubisky. That one panning out would be a franchise game changer

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I'm sorry, we can accept Stat Padford, or Pad Statford.
But Stad Padford?
No. That we can't accept. :)

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
Interesting that the Saints are at #8, would think would think they would be a bit higher.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Some interesting ranking here with the Bears—I think quite legitimately—coming in at #3.

New England does more with less thanks to Brady and Belichek. That’s why they get the nod here. The Cowboys way up there at #2 is Brandt being a bit of a homer, no doubt.

I think the Bears catching and RB core still have something to prove other than AR, same goes for Mitch. All young or previous backups that are not especially accomplished. I appreciate the ranking but think it's a little too high. Any of the top 10 teams could be listed ahead of us depending on perspective. It's just nice to be in the mix.

The Big Grabowski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cowboys have a ton of talent.
They should be on the list; I just think they're too high at #2.

No question they're stacked on o-line and have talent on the defense (particularly at LB). But outside of Elliot, they're lacking at the skill positions. Cooper is a question mark and what else do they have at WR? I'm not that impressed with Dak Prescott.

If the Cowboys are talented enough to be #2, Jason Garrett is a worse coach than I thought.

The Big Grabowski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Interesting that the Saints are at #8, would think would think they would be a bit higher.
I wonder how much Brees in decline last season affected this evaluation. Totally different team with that QB position up in the air. Going in, I figured Saints would be top 5 for sure.

The Big Grabowski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think the Bears catching and RB core still have something to prove other than AR, same goes for Mitch. All young or previous backups that are not especially accomplished. I appreciate the ranking but think it's a little too high. Any of the top 10 teams could be listed ahead of us depending on perspective. It's just nice to be in the mix.
Bears might be top 5 based on defensive talent alone.

The talent on offense isn't mindblowing, but it's well-balanced and deep enough. Good to above average OL. RB is obviously up in the air given the turnover at the position, but I like Montgomery's fit and I'm curious about Mike Davis in rotation. Solid, reliable WRs with a good mix of speed, explosiveness and size. Some questions at TE. A young QB, who took a step forward last year, surrounded by answers at the skill positions and an innovative coach.

And then you have kicker, which is really the only deficient starting position.