Has everybody made their final judgement on Nagy?

BDCB

:•)
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I decided this morning that I officially like Matt Nagy. Honestly, what really did it for me was watching the video again with him mic'd up, I think the team genuinely likes him, they're starting to bond, and want to play well for him. Nagy deserves a great deal of credit for the radical culture shift, we haven't had that in a very long time. I understand that we'll get crazy calls every now and then that drives us nuts, but that's expected I guess.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
he is winning football games and making the QB better. That certainly gets people on your side.

BDCB

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
he is winning football games and making the QB better. That certainly gets people on your side.

Losing does suck.

D.J. Moore

The Member
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
He was my favorite candidate going into the coaching search even after the Kansas city playoff loss. He hasn't done anything to make me disapprove of him and lots to make me like him. I even purchased a Nagy shirt for my son for a bears game we went to and no one knew who he was but in time they will.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
I decided this morning that I officially like Matt Nagy. Honestly, what really did it for me was watching the video again with him mic'd up, I think the team genuinely likes him, they're starting to bond, and want to play well for him. Nagy deserves a great deal of credit for the radical culture shift, we haven't had that in a very long time. I understand that we'll get crazy calls every now and then that drives us nuts, but that's expected I guess.

I typically dont make final judgments on anyone after literally 8 games.

I will say that I think Nagy seems like a nice guy and a real dweeblord when it comes to gameplanning (this is a good thing, not a knock!). Not creepy dweeblord like Trestman, but enough to show he really cares about his job and this team. Anything is better than Boring as Rox Fox, Lovie the Duddy or Trestgrowtheman.

Arrow pointing up for sure!

Bear DOWN! :bearbang:

da_bears6

Liked Posts:
Years 2-3 will be very interesting.

After an off season and year or two of film on the offense do they struggle to score points?

gilder121

I don't care nearly as much anymore
Donator
Liked Posts:
I like him right now. I dont consider it a final judgement because I think it's way too early to assign permanence to my judgement, but I think he's doing a good job so far and I like the early returns.

Monster

Liked Posts:
I typically dont make final judgments on anyone after literally 8 games.

I will say that I think Nagy seems like a nice guy and a real dweeblord when it comes to gameplanning (this is a good thing, not a knock!). Not creepy dweeblord like Trestman, but enough to show he really cares about his job and this team. Anything is better than Boring as Rox Fox, Lovie the Duddy or Trestgrowtheman.

Arrow pointing up for sure!

Bear DOWN! :bearbang:

Pretty good summation right here.

Staleydabear1938

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I really like the Coach. His enthusiasm, mentoring, creativity of plays etc. I'm excited for the games to come and future seasons.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

After an off season and year or two of film on the offense do they struggle to score points?

Or do they add more and master the offense better and explode?

Every year that Ried has been in KC the offense has gotten better..... To quote Matt Nagy, "think about that for a minute?"

oping00@gmail.com

Liked Posts:

I like, but still need to see how the season plays out.
Considering how these other 1st year coaches have done I feel pretty good.
Gruden 1-7
Pat Shumer 1-7
Frank Reich 3-5
Matt Patrica 3-5
Steve Wilks 2-6
Kyle Shanahan 2-7(I forget if he's in his 1st or 2nd year)

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
He's got a small level of cringe to him after watching him mic'ed up but team seems to be having fun and winning games so keep doing what you're doing. I like what I've seen so far, but I don't think I'll be ready to make a determination on him until after the 2019 season.

BDCB

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
He was my favorite candidate going into the coaching search even after the Kansas city playoff loss. He hasn't done anything to make me disapprove of him and lots to make me like him. I even purchased a Nagy shirt for my son for a bears game we went to and no one knew who he was but in time they will.

Didn’t know they had Nagy shirts, cool!

da_bears6

Liked Posts:
Or do they add more and master the offense better and explode?

Every year that Ried has been in KC the offense has gotten better..... To quote Matt Nagy, "think about that for a minute?"

Obviously my hope but as a Bears fan I know better than to assume things will get better or even think positive thoughts about the Bears for now.

I hope Trubisky explodes in year two or at least just becomes more consistent. Can live with Alex Smith numbers if he's efficient and can throw the deep ball 2-3 times a game.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Who makes a final judgement on a coach in 8 games?

What is "final" judgement anyway? Things change.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
He's already improved as a coach this season. That's a good sign. Trubisky has improved. The offense can score. And we have not seen this team's ceiling yet. Arrow is pointing way up.

Staleydabear1938

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Final Judgement is the 3rd Terminator movie we never got, but should have.

BDCB

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

I was really just seeing if halfway through the season people were sold or not on Nagy. I personally, didn’t follow his coaching career and it took me awhile to decide if I liked him. It appears that eight games was the magic number for me to make my judgement... “final” may have been a poor word selection.