Hawks acquire Tomas Jurco from Detroit

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Hawks get:

Tomas Jurco

Detroit gets:

Hawks 2017 third-round pick

Vinnie Hinostroza sent down to Rockford.

Discuss.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Wanted him at the draft but didn't realize how unproductive he's been the past two years

They say he's often been on grind lines with Glendenning though. But he's also 6'2" and I thought he was smaller.

Why panic when you can panik? via da Tapatalk

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Jurco-Kruger-Hossa?
Hino-Hayden-Hartman?

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
someone on score suggested this move happened to protect Hartman from expansion draft.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Zero points in 16 games this season? Missing piece to a cup run, this kid is.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
someone on score suggested this move happened to protect Hartman from expansion draft.

Then the price of a third to protect a first is more than acceptable, but I think this move also has Panik like potential where he has a home in this type of system that will allow him to carry the puck and attack with other skilled players like Hino who he is a good size balancer for.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Curious to hear how that's so... How does that factor into Hartman's status?
It involves the minimum number of players each team must include in the expansion draft. Better Jurco than Hartman.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Curious to hear how that's so... How does that factor into Hartman's status?
What it really protects is having to extend Desjardins or Tootoo and let them walk.

Instead you extend the rfa Jurco also that's a cheap still young winger next year to compete for the bottom 6.

The problem is never really risking losing Hartman but risking having to bring back two old bad wingers (though Tootoo early on this year was the best at that role since Carbomb, and it'd be shocking there isn't some other goon on the roster next year, still have Mash in the system)

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
What it really protects is having to extend Desjardins or Tootoo and let them walk.

Instead you extend the rfa Jurco also that's a cheap still young winger next year to compete for the bottom 6.

The problem is never really risking losing Hartman but risking having to bring back two old bad wingers (though Tootoo early on this year was the best at that role since Carbomb, and it'd be shocking there isn't some other goon on the roster next year, still have Mash in the system)

I'd be fairly surprised if Tootoo or Desi came back next season and would certainly be on board with Jurco being a fourth-liner on this team, provided he came cheap. And considering he hasn't scored an NHL goal in over a calendar year (granted, some injury time, but that's still bad), he probably won't need much cash.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Unless he just completely blows and gets shunned by Q Dale Weise style I'd expect Jurco to sign cheaper than even what hid RFA tenure would be like Panik did

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
Schmaltz-Toews-Panik
Panarin-Anisimov-Kane
Jurco-Kruger-Hossa
Hartman-Kero-Desjardins

Jurco getting a shot with Kruger/Hossa in practice

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Schmaltz-Toews-Panik
Panarin-Anisimov-Kane
Jurco-Kruger-Hossa
Hartman-Kero-Desjardins

Jurco getting a shot with Kruger/Hossa in practice

I wish we had a better center for the 3rd. I love Krugs, especially on the penalty kill, but I'd rather see him center the 4th.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I feel like this is the chemistry lab of a hockey nerd madman....

I wonder what would happen if I put Jurco with Hossa!!! hhahahhahahahahahah. yeah....yeah....lets see.
That is exactly what I wanted to see!! I'd try it with Hino at center, Kero and Rasmussen actually before I gave up on that dream....lol...I just want to see if Jurco can score goals with Hossa helping!!! Its fascinating!!

You are in a 12 month scoring drought? Here have a Hossa. How long will it last? I'm betting less than 3 games.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I feel like this is the chemistry lab of a hockey nerd madman....

I wonder what would happen if I put Jurco with Hossa!!! hhahahhahahahahahah. yeah....yeah....lets see.
That is exactly what I wanted to see!! I'd try it with Hino at center, Kero and Rasmussen actually before I gave up on that dream....lol...I just want to see if Jurco can score goals with Hossa helping!!! Its fascinating!!

You are in a 12 month scoring drought? Here have a Hossa. How long will it last? I'm betting less than 3 games.

LMAO (because it's true).

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Top 6.

Jurco-Hayden/trade-Hossa
Hino-Kruger-Hartman

??? Where we are headed? I doubt Jurco can win a spot, and I'm putting Desjardins odds at 40% to win a playoff spot.

If Q is doubting Hino Bigfoot, Ares, and I are going to have to start stalking Benny's until we can have a little conversation behind the cardboard swedish model on aisle 9 where his favorite Cabernet resides. ;)

My guess is Hartman, or Hino or both will eventually be invading that third line and a checking line will be formed around Kruger properly.

The other issue though, is that it could be Hossa for all we know who is requesting and prefering Kruger as the center he feels best with. Given his own forechecking ability, its certainly a reliable line and I think it could be powerful with either Hino or Hartman or the wildcard here...Jurco.

We'll just have to see...and then see if Hayden signs and how good he is. I still consider Kero very high in the running for 3C or 4C come playoffs.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Top 6.

Jurco-Hayden/trade-Hossa
Hino-Kruger-Hartman

??? Where we are headed? I doubt Jurco can win a spot, and I'm putting Desjardins odds at 40% to win a playoff spot.

If Q is doubting Hino Bigfoot, Ares, and I are going to have to start stalking Benny's until we can have a little conversation behind the cardboard swedish model on aisle 9 where his favorite Cabernet resides. ;)

My guess is Hartman, or Hino or both will eventually be invading that third line and a checking line will be formed around Kruger properly.

The other issue though, is that it could be Hossa for all we know who is requesting and prefering Kruger as the center he feels best with. Given his own forechecking ability, its certainly a reliable line and I think it could be powerful with either Hino or Hartman or the wildcard here...Jurco.

We'll just have to see...and then see if Hayden signs and how good he is. I still consider Kero very high in the running for 3C or 4C come playoffs.

We might need to leave Bigfoot in the parking lot... otherwise he will drag a deer carcass thru the aisles of Benny's

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I wasn't sifting the farm during the Clandening/Jurco draft....so Detroit jumped us or just took our target right in front of us? I wasn't sure reading some articles about the trade if that was what happened. Seems like a GM making things right move.

When Jurco grows into a man...I mean that is when you want to be there helping him find his way. I just watched his youtube collection...and holy shit. He is a Wizard. He is good enough with his stick to impress Kane, Panarin, Toews, Hossa. He is completely a finesse guy to me...but he isn't Teuvo, Hino, or even Panarin small. Just built with that fine control finesse genetic makeup you generally find with the incredible hands. Its hard to have it both ways. If any team can find a purpose for Tricks are for Jerks...its this team.

[video=youtube;2dmkenCNDQY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dmkenCNDQY[/video]