HE GONE! Hawks Harrelson finally retires

CRM 114

Premium Member
Good riddance. His childish antics over a children's game got old a long time ago. It's high time to get the grumpy old people out of baseball. Kudos to the Sox for finding a young yet mature and professional replacement in Jason Benetti. Sox games will finally be tolerable again.

Gustavus Adolphus

Urblocks Wife Got a Raise
Good riddance. His childish antics over a children's game got old a long time ago. It's high time to get the grumpy old people out of baseball. Kudos to the Sox for finding a young yet mature and professional replacement in Jason Benetti. Sox games will finally be tolerable again.
I know, right?

Grimson

CCS HoF: Class of 2015
Thank God that moron is gone. What a horrible announcer with nothing to add to a broadcast.

brett05

1-888-NEED-HIM
We all know a few, but the majority did like him.

I loved the classiness of the Cubs and their fans today paying tribute the entire 9th inning and then tipping their hats to Hawk after the game.

I will believe he'll be in the Hall of Fame in the next 10 years.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
We all know a few, but the majority did like him.

I loved the classiness of the Cubs and their fans today paying tribute the entire 9th inning and then tipping their hats to Hawk after the game.

I will believe he'll be in the Hall of Fame in the next 10 years.
Doesn't matter but I don't agree. The various times it came up over the years many said they didn't like him, kind of like whenever Joe Buck is doing a game.

brett05

1-888-NEED-HIM
Doesn't matter but I don't agree. The various times it came up over the years many said they didn't like him, kind of like whenever Joe Buck is doing a game.
Except a guy like Joe Buck is always on the #1 team. It's like those people that say they hate McDonald's and never eat there yet someone is eating on what a quarter of a trillion times there.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Except a guy like Joe Buck is always on the #1 team. It's like those people that say they hate McDonald's and never eat there yet someone is eating on what a quarter of a trillion times there.
Comparing having to listen to Hawk and having to eat at McD's...people do have a choice but for whatever reason will end up doing things anyway. Can't argue that. I've never liked Len Kasper,thought he was a bad choice and could they have gotten a more boring color analyst to go with him?

brett05

1-888-NEED-HIM
Comparing having to listen to Hawk and having to eat at McD's...people do have a choice but for whatever reason will end up doing things anyway. Can't argue that. I've never liked Len Kasper, thought he was a bad choice.
My favorite is Pat Hughes in Chicago. Yes, hater of the Cubs, but Hughes is upper echelon to me.

SilenceS

Staff member
Hawk was terrible but he did have a passion for the game. I may be a die hard Cubs fan, but I was a White Sox fan at one time. I love Frank Thomas, Tim Raines, Harold Baines. WGN always had a ball game on and not having a baseball team made me just watch as much as I could of them.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Hawk was terrible but he did have a passion for the game. I may be a die hard Cubs fan, but I was a White Sox fan at one time. I love Frank Thomas, Tim Raines, Harold Baines. WGN always had a ball game on and not having a baseball team made me just watch as much as I could of them.
The winning ugly Sox were a fun team to watch, Black Jack, Bannister, Hoyt, Fisk etc.

I respect Hawk just never cared for his style, he does bleed baseball thru and thru.

CRM 114

Premium Member
You're not a diehard fan of a team if you used to root for another team.