Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNn3k1KfOrs[/youtube]

Awesome!​

nana

Liked Posts:
Not necessarily in response to your video, Stu, but moreso to all the bandwagon talk in general...

The Bandwagon - It's a side effect of success and too much is made of it IMO. It should not be surprising to anyone who has been a sports fan for any considerable amount of time. This group of guys deserves every fan they have and then some, and if the bandwagon yields long-term fans to support the team and love the sport, then that is awesome (of course I speak from personal bias here as I only "discovered" the Hawks a few years ago. Guilty as charged.). Trust me, I have done my suffering elsewhere for other teams that I love... not going anywhere.

I always say the point that gets lost in all of this is the fact that the players like playing in a packed house and while they all seem to be pretty humble guys, they should be proud of what they have done to bring about the resurgence of hockey in Chicago and the resurrection of a storied and treasured franchise. As long as the new fans cheer, show respect, and want to learn the game & tradition, it is only a good thing for this team. I mean, how good must these guys feel when they see all the excitement in the city and know they are bringing new fans to their sport, especially little kids that will learn to play because of them and will be lifelong fans? GO HAWKS!

5Minutes4Fighting

Liked Posts:
That's a really fun video, i'm going to email the link to people. Thanks much for the post Stu.

Regarding the Bandwagon, i've never had a problem with it. The energy in the City is unreal, and the more fans the better.

-5Minutes

nana

Liked Posts:
Paul, you are hilarious, but you are in Big Trouble! :lol:

Maiden

Liked Posts:
[quote name="5Minutes4Fighting"]That's a really fun video, i'm going to email the link to people. Thanks much for the post Stu.

Regarding the Bandwagon, i've never had a problem with it. The energy in the City is unreal, and the more fans the better.

-5Minutes[/quote]

Then never ever bitch when years down the road when this franchise has one of those bad decades and the bandwagoneers move on to the next bank bandwagon that they stopped supporting this club. Can't have it both ways.

ginnie

Liked Posts:
We can never have enough fans, even if some of them are part-time.

Hopefully, this team will get the respect it deserves not only from fans but from sports media too. Hull made this team the biggest draw on the road in the Sixties - it's about time for that to happen again with Toews, Kane et al.

[quote name="nana"]Paul, you are hilarious, but you are in Big Trouble! :lol:[/quote]

I'm missing something here?

Wonder if those Bozo's will leave the Cubs game, directly the UC?

dumb ass vid. Only slightly Ironic that one of them is wearing Cubs gear.

nana

Liked Posts:
[quote name="R K"]

I'm missing something here?

Wonder if those Bozo's will leave the Cubs game, directly the UC?

dumb ass vid. Only slightly Ironic that one of them is wearing Cubs gear.[/quote]

Look at my poster ranking! I reminded him of my idea from the old boards and instead of making it a general ranking, he made it my personal one... what a sneak.

5Minutes4Fighting

Liked Posts:
[quote name="Maiden"]

Then never ever bitch when years down the road when this franchise has one of those bad decades and the bandwagoneers move on to the next bank bandwagon that they stopped supporting this club. Can't have it both ways.[/quote]

Never know about the future. Bulls have had a horrible decade since Jordan left, and they still sell out even though ticket prices are insane. And the Cubs have had a a horrible century, and they're beloved and sellout too. Seriously, this market could support two NHL teams. But hysteria will never top what it is now, partly because of the novelty of the situation, that's natural.

-5Minutes

Maiden

Liked Posts:
[quote name="5Minutes4Fighting"]

Never know about the future. Bulls have had a horrible decade since Jordan left, and they still sell out even though ticket prices are insane. And the Cubs have had a a horrible century, and they're beloved and sellout too. Seriously, this market could support two NHL teams. But hysteria will never top what it is now, that's natural.

-5Minutes[/quote]

The team that actually won something in the past ten years you conveniently left out of your response. That team is the closest to making a bandwagon comparison than the two you chose.

LaurenNMU

Liked Posts:
[quote name="nana"]

Look at my poster ranking! I reminded him of my idea from the old boards and instead of making it a general ranking, he made it my personal one... what a sneak.[/quote]

hahahaha classic

Rdrhwke

Liked Posts:
[quote name="ginnie"]

Hopefully, this team will get the respect it deserves not only from fans but from sports media too. Hull made this team the biggest draw on the road in the Sixties - it's about time for that to happen again with Toews, Kane et al.[/quote]

Don't hold your breath waiting for that to happen.

5Minutes4Fighting

Liked Posts:
[quote name="Maiden"]

The team that actually won something in the past ten years you conveniently left out of your response. That team is the closest to making a bandwagon comparison than the two you chose.[/quote]

Good point. But, compared to this situation, i don't think there was much of a bandwagon when the Sox won the Series. People knew what baseball was before the 2005 season, and most of the town was actaully divided between Sox and Cubs fans.

What we have now though, is a huge number of people being introduced to the game of hockey and watching games and going to games for the first time. I don't have a crystal ball, but my hunch is that with good fan relations and marketing, we'll never see the uc look like it did 5 years ago - but that had a lot to do with ownership.

-5Minutes

[quote name="Maiden"]

The team that actually won something in the past ten years you conveniently left out of your response. That team is the closest to making a bandwagon comparison than the two you chose.[/quote]

They also go by the Old Hawks school of counting seats because no way is that building full for Bulls games. There are 1000's of empty seats on most nights. The Glory days are over.

Winning also has much more to do with it than ANYTHING else. So far, we haven't won shit.

LOL NANA! Nice Moniker there!!

PatrickSharpRules

Liked Posts:
Call me an angry fan, but I love bitching about the bandwagoners, but what I would give to hit all three of those fucking douchebags repeatedly with a baseball bat.

"We just learned about the Hawks this year", I still guarantee they couldn't tell you what icing is, how many lines there are for D and offense, the bare basics. All I know is that if we win they'll cheer and have their usual douchebag superficial ignorant ass good time that doesn't mean anything to them. But if we win I will more than likely cry, as will most people on these boards. I haven't cried since the last funeral I attended over 3 years ago.

The main reason I don't like bandwagoners is not because I've been a fan for so long, its just the ignorance. And it goes for most people I like and am friends with, they don't pretend to be something or like bullshit things. Most people I don't like are what I call skimmers. The skim every type of music to relate to others without really liking it, skim movies, skim tv shows, skim everything in life so "everyone can like me YEAAAAH!!! :D :D :D ". Well IMO, you like something if you actually like it, not because everyone else says its cool, especially when most of the time everyone doesn't even know why it is cool. People like that really piss me off, if someone could enlighten me on why these people don't suck please tell me.

Maiden

Liked Posts:
OBAMA to the Hawks game tonight..................hahahahahahaha

the leader of the bandwagoneers will make his presence felt.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
[quote name="Maiden"]OBAMA to the Hawks game tonight..................hahahahahahaha

the leader of the bandwagoneers will make his presence felt.[/quote]

I thought it was confirmed he wasn't going?

Maybe he should stop by "Cominsky Park" before he leaves, too.

fanof19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
[quote name="Maiden"]OBAMA to the Hawks game tonight..................hahahahahahaha

the leader of the bandwagoneers will make his presence felt.[/quote]Tribune just posted that he's not going. Thank God

Maiden

Liked Posts:
Tonight was utter chaos in the 200 level.

This was the first playoff game I have been able to attend this post season since I have been chasing my son's squirt team around the last month.

If the rest of the playoffs have been like this I'm glad I've been watching on TV.

There were more F bombs thrown in 1 game tonight than the entire regular season.

And did I miss the memo about waiting for the damn whistle? Usher's? Anyone working?

Wild game; reminded me of 1980's style playoff games versus the North Stars and the Oilers.