Hey Bandwagoners... You an eat a butt!

bierboy

Liked Posts:
What is this "bandwagon" of which you all speak?

bandwagonfinal.jpg

jakobeast

Liked Posts:
[quote name="Razzberry"]Klem, do you think it's a coincidence that the majority of die-hard fans on this board are pretty evenly split between people in their 40s/50s and people in their 20s? They roughly line up with people who started following the Hawks during the 70s and 90s when they were a good team. There's not many of us here who can honestly say we became fans when they sucked.[/quote]

I like you Razz, I do, but I gotta blow you out. Wait, that sounds dirty. Oh well.

I became a fan when the Hawks sucked balls. Ruutu came into the league about the same time I did. I started watching games with my friend who is a Flyers fan. I had known about the Hawks previous, just never paid attention. Early 2000's, And feel I became a serious fan the season before the lockout. I spose im a glutton for punishment.

Ymono37

Liked Posts:
[quote name="jakobeast"]I like you Razz, I do, but I gotta blow you out. Wait, that sounds dirty. Oh well.

I became a fan when the Hawks sucked balls. Ruutu came into the league about the same time I did. I started watching games with my friend who is a Flyers fan. I had known about the Hawks previous, just never paid attention. Early 2000's, And feel I became a serious fan the season before the lockout. I spose im a glutton for punishment.[/quote]This same friend was the one who got me interested as well around the same time and took me to my first Hawks game (which was coincidentally against Philly).

Then, the douche I quoted above wouldn't shut up about the Hawks during the lockout - so when it was over, I was pretty much following more closely than I ever had.

And I know some of you are lifers... but (as far as "bandwagoners go) I'm just glad we've moved beyond the time I had to ASK a bar to put the game on.

tvltre

Liked Posts:
[quote name="roshinaya"]all the die hards seem to forget that they themselves were new stupid fans at one time. and i am pretty sure some of them even jumped on the bandwagon back in the day when the hawks were good.[/quote]

Nope, sorry, was brought in as a Hawk fan back in the 70's. Watching games on t.v. with my grandfather before going to my first game at the age of 9 at the old barn.

Me...Bandwagoneer?...MY ASS!

bierboy

Liked Posts:
I'm so old I watched the games every Sat night when they were shown on WGN. Seemed back then that was the only night they were on the teevee.

nord

Liked Posts:
You remember correctly, and it seemed that they were always away games.

klemmer

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
[quote name="nord"]You remember correctly, and it seemed that they were always away games.[/quote]

Yep. On the road on Sat, at home on Sun.

jakobeast

Liked Posts:
The type of bandwagon fan I don't like is the one who makes plans to go to an away game then backs out the day before.

*poke poke*

And Ymono37 likes all sports, mostly though after the game, in the shower area.

bierboy

Liked Posts:
[quote name="klemmer"]

Yep. On the road on Sat, at home on Sun.[/quote]

Right! Because, of course, they never showed the home games on teevee...

You're almost as ancient as me, Klem!

Ymono37

Liked Posts:
[quote name="jakobeast"]And Ymono37 likes all sports, mostly though after the game, in the shower area.[/quote]Especially women's beach volleyball, women's curling and some women's softball...

But the locker room after women's bowling and golf are things I can see in any men's locker room. (Mostly because of all the pictures Jako takes in there, he's insatiable for old man cock).

I haven't had too many issues with Bandwagoners until the other night - a couple puck bunnies were shouting, "Let's go Black Hawks..." with the requisite clapping. I yelled across the bar, but I'm not sure I was heard/understood.

Soaps

Liked Posts:
I liked this video. It was nice to see them making fun of the "certain" bandwagoners. (those being ones that dont try to learn about sport and team).

[quote name="jakobeast"]The type of bandwagon fan I don't like is the one who makes plans to go to an away game then backs out the day before.

*poke poke*

And Ymono37 likes all sports, mostly though after the game, in the shower area.[/quote]

That same fan was going to games long before the Jako SPERM was created.

I can't remember when I got into the Hawks. Late 70's and they were not super good, but had some moments between the 80's and again in the 90's. Back then there was always some Dynasty team that thrwarted the Hawks from finishing the quest. Oilers in the 80's and Penguins in the early 90's.

I'm not sure until now you can really classify and Hawk fans as bandwagoners until recently because in MOST of our lives on this board they NEVER WON THE CUP!

Maybe some hopped on board in 91-92 but many of them are the same fans that got fed up and left and have now ran back when they are good again. "Fairweather Fans".

Maiden

Liked Posts:
[quote name="R K"]

That same fan was going to games long before the Jako SPERM was created.

I can't remember when I got into the Hawks. Late 70's and they were not super good, but had some moments between the 80's and again in the 90's. Back then there was always some Dynasty team that thrwarted the Hawks from finishing the quest. Oilers in the 80's and Penguins in the early 90's.

I'm not sure until now you can really classify and Hawk fans as bandwagoners until recently because in MOST of our lives on this board they NEVER WON THE CUP!

Maybe some hopped on board in 91-92 but many of them are the same fans that got fed up and left and have now ran back when they are good again. "Fairweather Fans".[/quote]

There werent enough seats back in the Stadium days to allow bandwagonners. In addition there wasnt ticketmaster resale or stub hub for them to access tickets. Tickets in the 80's/90's were like gold; treasured if you had them. I was told back in those days that a lot of people wouldn't go to the Stadium since it was old and dingy without all of today's ammenities. The United Center is almost too nice in a way. Now were taking out seats and building in bars and restaurants with game view etc etc. It's becoming a mall where a hockey game broke out.

wetcoasthawk65

Liked Posts:
[quote name="Maiden"]

There werent enough seats back in the Stadium days to allow bandwagonners. In addition there wasnt ticketmaster resale or stub hub for them to access tickets. Tickets in the 80's/90's were like gold; treasured if you had them. I was told back in those days that a lot of people wouldn't go to the Stadium since it was old and dingy without all of today's ammenities. The United Center is almost too nice in a way. Now were taking out seats and building in bars and restaurants with game view etc etc. It's becoming a mall where a hockey game broke out.[/quote]

Water slide coming soon?

Maiden

Liked Posts:
[quote name="wetcoasthawk65"][/b]

Water slide coming soon?[/quote]

That's only north of the border and mascot friendly....................

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I would almost say that most of us on here are the exact opposite of what a bandwagoner just by the fact that we are here posting. If we would have jumped on the bandwagon when the hawks were good we would have jumped off when they were bad and back on and off and so one. The mere fact that everyone here, when they became a fan have continued to be a fan through think and thin means that no one here is a bandwagon until the disappear when the McD effect kicks in. There doesn't seem to be any gaps in the historical knowledge of most posters here, other than those that have been drank away through heartbreak.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
[quote name="Stu Grimson"]

Bravo.... a good moment from Mike and Mike.[/quote]

I can't believe Francis got his question on Mike and Mike.