Hoiberg Fired - Boylen IN as HC

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Yeah, I just don't think Fred is really to blame here. That's not to say he's a good coach, because it's obvious he's not fit for the NBA game.
Hoiberg losing his job is just another reminder this front office can't identify the right person to develop a young roster with this type of skill set.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Hoiberg losing his job is just another reminder this front office can't identify the right person to develop a young roster with this type of skill set.

Fred was Gar's guy too. Don't think Paxson wanted him. With Pax in charge now, he has the chance to get his guy I'd assume.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I'll say this about Fred: I was excited to see if his offensive concepts would work with the team. I thought they could, but for whatever reason, he never got a fair shake with the lineup they were putting around him.

I cant agree with this. If he wanted a group of young guys with a veteran that is a great role model, he got it. They gave him too much with Butler, Rondo and Wade, three guys not looking to be embarrassed playing like a college team. You get a cast of nobodies and they would not run the system either. I dont know how Dunn is going to do on any offense since he also has a tendency to just dribble the ball up and shoot.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Fred deserved to be fired but the timing is weird. Its like someone just woke up and was like "Fred, you're fired" Maybe he asked to be let go? I figured they'd let him coach out the season.

I am thinking maybe someone else called asking for permission to talk to Boylen and they felt they needed to make the move themselves.

Either that or he blamed Garpax for the bad roster.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I cant agree with this. If he wanted a group of young guys with a veteran that is a great role model, he got it. They gave him too much with Butler, Rondo and Wade, three guys not looking to be embarrassed playing like a college team. You get a cast of nobodies and they would not run the system either. I dont know how Dunn is going to do on any offense since he also has a tendency to just dribble the ball up and shoot.

It's like you didn't even bother to read what I posted.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Just wondering if there is ever a scenario where Gar/Pax get fired? Just how many fuck ups are they allowed?

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Just wondering if there is ever a scenario where Gar/Pax get fired? Just how many fuck ups are they allowed?
Jerry doesn't care. Profits are high and people still go to the UC to watch the games. Unless he sells the team, this seems to be par for the course.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Jerry doesn't care. Profits are high and people still go to the UC to watch the games. Unless he sells the team, this seems to be par for the course.

Team goes to Michael once he kicks the bucket. Michael's wife is best friends with Gar's wife.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:

Paxson physically assaulted a coach and got promoted!

I'd say the only thing that could bring them down is if they were caught on tape saying racist things or sexually assaulted someone. That would create enough outcry and unrest for Jerry to do something.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Paxson physically assaulted a coach and got promoted!

I'd say the only thing that could bring them down is if they were caught on tape saying racist things or sexually assaulted someone. That would create enough outcry and unrest for Jerry to do something.

Swear to Allah, I forgot about that.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
It's like you didn't even bother to read what I posted.

I'll say this about Fred: I was excited to see if his offensive concepts would work with the team. I thought they could, but for whatever reason, he never got a fair shake with the lineup they were putting around him.

He got vets, it did not work they were alpha males. All those are gone, paid 30 some million to Wade and Rondo to go away so they get G leaguers and rookies and it still does not work?

What am I missing with what you wrote, he needed less veterans and more rookies or more rookies and less veterans? Neither scenario worked. So less veterans and he benches lopez while Gar Pax wanted Carter Jr to watch and learn from Lopez.

I get I am an idiot, but you keep nagging at me like an old lady on menopause. Set your goals higher than trying to be smarter than an idiot.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Maybe when Jerry dies, and Michael Reinsdorf isn't Jerry's clone.

If Michael is his clone, we'll be like this for a long long time.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Good theory i read on blogabull: They fired Fred now so it would get buried under the Bears loss and they wouldn't have to face the wrath of why they (garpax) get to keep their jobs.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Good theory i read on blogabull: They fired Fred now so it would get buried under the Bears loss and they wouldn't have to face the wrath of why they (garpax) get to keep their jobs.

What a time to be alive when a Bears loss is big enough news to bury other news under, lol.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
What a time to be alive when a Bears loss is big enough news to bury other news under, lol.

Maybe that’s why they didn’t wait until Christmas the bears losing to a three win team was good enough to cover this up lol

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:

What’s sad is that’s probably true

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Maybe when Jerry dies, and Michael Reinsdorf isn't Jerry's clone.

If Michael is his clone, we'll be like this for a long long time.

Loyalty is admirable but when it borders on insanity and stupidity...maybe it's time to step down. Hopefully Michael is to Jerry what Rocky was to Dollar Bill.