How much will the run game suffer with Clutts gone?

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
because forte broke a 34 yarders against scrubs, take that run away and his YPC in preseason is under 3!!!! that should be alarming and BTW i think i saw bush find the endzone twice

Very little about preseason stats should be alarming. Especially for a vet RB that just signed a large contract.

If Forte is at 2.7 YPC come the first week of October, I'd be alarmed.

That first Bush TD was thanks to some outstanding goal line work by Carimi. Hope that's still around in October too.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
So we don't count plays that happen if they don't support our arguments? Anyway, I was talking about last season. Forte in his career has been getting better per carry, while Bush gets worse the more he touches the ball.

WOLE is the ultimate fanboy. Wants Cutler to be great so badly that he hates the best players on the team over it. Sad.

Rodneyr38

Liked Posts:
So we don't count plays that happen if they don't support our arguments? Anyway, I was talking about last season. Forte in his career has been getting better per carry, while Bush gets worse the more he touches the ball.

Ok cool story bro!

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Anyone that isn't a complete football 'tard can tell by watching them play that Forte is in a totally different class than Bush.

Rodneyr38

Liked Posts:
WOLE is the ultimate fanboy. Wants Cutler to be great so badly that he hates the best players on the team over it. Sad.
Sorry i dont have discussions with people that think Rex Grossman is a pro bowl QB or people that think the cutler trade setback the bears sorry troll elsewhere im all out of troll feed

Mr. Jones

Liked Posts:
Let's not go nuts. Why do Chicago fans constantly fall in love with the players whose contributions to the team are pretty insignificant?
It is strange huh? I just think fans from Chicago like a hard working lunch pail type of guys, we want to see effort and the payoff for that effort. Always rooting for the underdog. We relate to that. That said, the Bears have always had good lead blockers ahead of the star back, and the apprehension of the running game suffer this year is because we haven't seen any tight end do that job well in recent years. Did you see the 4th rnd. pick Rodriguez block? He got smashed on several plays, so it aint him, that's for sure. Spaeth is for short yardage use, that leaves the other 1-2 guys to block for Forte and Bush, and I haven't seen much of them to feel secure they can do it....yet.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Forte must of sucked in 2010 when he had no fullback.

The plan is use h-backs that can catch better than clutts and in general open the run lanes by having safeties worry about the pass against Marshall n Co.

Thinking they need a hard working blocker to get a run game going I'd meatheaded.

HAVOCONE

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Gotta be Adams or ER. 'Cause Spaeth and Davis can't block. I can't be the only one who noticed.

Was about to say..spaeth is bad at blocking. gives it up like a cheap date. besides adams, what other TE can block? davis or rodriguez? rather see rod going out for the pass. has decent hands and real good speed. davis has size,allot bigger. adams is tough,most likely will be him blocking most of the time.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The plan is use h-backs that can catch better than clutts and in general open the run lanes by having safeties worry about the pass against Marshall n Co.

Precisely this.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
It is strange huh? I just think fans from Chicago like a hard working lunch pail type of guys, we want to see effort and the payoff for that effort. Always rooting for the underdog. We relate to that. That said, the Bears have always had good lead blockers ahead of the star back, and the apprehension of the running game suffer this year is because we haven't seen any tight end do that job well in recent years. Did you see the 4th rnd. pick Rodriguez block? He got smashed on several plays, so it aint him, that's for sure. Spaeth is for short yardage use, that leaves the other 1-2 guys to block for Forte and Bush, and I haven't seen much of them to feel secure they can do it....yet.

I'm thinking Adams will handle most of the blocking duties, but the Bears will probably do a lot more running out of single RB sets. Back to the love affair with insignificance, it is seen very much in this thread. People are worried about Clutts, but bash Forte, who is far more important and has done loads more for the Bears.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Wow...dumb posters are dumb (op). Rodriguez will be the primary H-back. He has the build that is prototypical of that position.

Camden Cutler

Black Boy Fly
Liked Posts:
tumblr_m9dtuuBcTP1r3jcijo1_250.gif

cbo0485

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Twice doesn't care about your Ipad w Tapatalk......what the hell is that anyway?

Meant Tice. And it's just an auto signature the tapatalk app adds to your posts.

It's an app to optimize many different forum types for the iPhone and iPad. Makes it real easy to use and much easier to navigate the forums.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Camden Cutler

Black Boy Fly
Liked Posts:
mike twice...i like the ring of that...jermey MASTER bates...:thinking:

Cutlerfan0615

Liked Posts:
Everyone realizes that we have two different types of TE's right? There is the Y Tight End and the F Tight End. The Y Tight End normally line up next to OT's. Kellen Davis is the starting Y Tight End and Matt Spaeth is his backup. Know that the Bears sometimes run some formations with Davis and Spaeth.

Kyle Adams started preseason week 2 vs. the Redskins and in preseason week 3 vs. the Giants, Evan Rodriguez became the starter. The X Tight End is the H-back. (Tight End and Full Back). Keep in mind we will running out of a lot more Singleback back sets (no fullback).

Kellen Davis and Matt Spaeth=Y Tight End

Kyle Adams and Evan Rodriguez=X Tight End

I believe Rodriguez will be the starting X Tight End (H-back) come week 1.

dawags

Liked Posts:
Im pretty sure, but i didnt see Bush having a problem making a guy miss in the hole, Forte trys to make every run a TD run and sometimes u just gotta take your 3-4 yard gain and stay out of 2nd long

But on Bush's other TD, Clutts hit the LB so hard that he spun him around and Bush just jogged in behind him!

dawags

Liked Posts:
I hope it's only a dozen times this year on 3rd and short and goalines when our h-backs fail that I miss Clutts!