1. Chicago Bears

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Anyways, despite ommys bullshit...this is worth a watch. Especially the second half of it or so.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
I don't care that Thayer and Ryan Pace play on the other team

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Ommy is the best troll on the site. HHM, Grimson and a few others try but don't compare. Not sure if this is a compliment or insult. Maybe both

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Absolutely not, you've been here long enough to know he is just plain full of shit, and a fucking idiot.

I'm sorry, I should have added, "pun intended"

Edit: and yes, I've been here long enough, probably the first time I used a quote or responded to anything Ommy has typed in years. What he said was idiotic and unnecessary.

pfcmsh

Liked Posts:
I like Tom Thayer because of who he played for. He is knowledgeable. I do find his voice to be higher pitched and annoying. He also has a real bad habit of ending a sentence with lower inflection. This is most prevalent, if the Bears are losing or he is explaining a negative play. The lower inflection is whiny and he sounds like a cry baby.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I like Tom Thayer because of who he played for. He is knowledgeable. I do find his voice to be higher pitched and annoying. He also has a real bad habit of ending a sentence with lower inflection. This is most prevalent, if the Bears are losing or he is explaining a negative play. The lower inflection is whiny and he sounds like a cry baby.

Did you report your displeasure to the network?

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
https://youtu.be/H0vEB6PdPIQ

Live right now, so rewind if you want to watch from the beginning. Good stuff...

Agree 100% with the OP. Actual football talk is sadly hard to find. Analysis and X's and O's is what I love about the game and following the game (not solely Bears). So my youtube is set to Thayer and Kollman and my DVR is set to NFL Matchup. Now if I go to my recommendations to search for someone else I may have missed or is new and upcoming, God ugh ...

Do you know how much football-ish bullshit and clickbait punditry I have to wade through in order to scope out if there is anyone I missed or is new and upcoming that is substantial and informative? Football media sucks ass imo.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Agree 100% with the OP. Actual football talk is sadly hard to find. Analysis and X's and O's is what I love about the game and following the game (not solely Bears). So my youtube is set to Thayer and Kollman and my DVR is set to NFL Matchup. Now if I go to my recommendations to search for someone else I may have missed or is new and upcoming, God ugh ...

Do you know how much football-ish bullshit and clickbait punditry I have to wade through in order to scope out if there is anyone I missed or is new and upcoming that is substantial and informative? Football media sucks ass imo.
Yeah. It's really a shame. Maybe that stuff doesn't appeal to the "casual fan". I know personally I'd like to see a lot less of the Cowherds, Stephen A. Smiths, Baylesses, etc and more getting into the details of the game. A handful of posters here do a much better job than most of the national media.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Thayer will give you incite you won't find anywhere else. I remember before Daniel's was starting Thayer commented physically he has everything it takes but the reason he wasn't in the lineup was he was having trouble with some of the more difficult reads, one being changes at LOS when blitz is coming.

Sunday mornings he has some good breakdowns of things he is seeing.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
Thayer pre and post game is WAY more insightful than Thayer in-game.

Bears game radio broadcasts are almost unlistenable, IMO. Joniak would have a difficult time being heard in a crowded BW3, yet the crowd noise on the radio broadcast is always amped up to 11. Thayer is always a step behind what is actually happening on the field, unless there is a fumble and we get the immediate "BALL!!! BALL!!!!" game 'description' from Thayer.