I love listening to Thayer talk football

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Thayer pre and post game is WAY more insightful than Thayer in-game.

Bears game radio broadcasts are almost unlistenable, IMO. Joniak would have a difficult time being heard in a crowded BW3, yet the crowd noise on the radio broadcast is always amped up to 11. Thayer is always a step behind what is actually happening on the field, unless there is a fumble and we get the immediate "BALL!!! BALL!!!!" game 'description' from Thayer.
I never listen to him in game. My only reference is his post / pre game commentary.

SERE Bear

Drinking da Bears better
Donator
Liked Posts:

Bears game radio broadcasts are almost unlistenable, IMO. Joniak would have a difficult time being heard in a crowded BW3, yet the crowd noise on the radio broadcast is always amped up to 11. Thayer is always a step behind what is actually happening on the field, unless there is a fumble and we get the immediate "BALL!!! BALL!!!!" game 'description' from Thayer.

I strongly disagree. I was finally able to sync the WBBM 780 am broadcast to the Tv last week. joniac & Thayer were a much better listen than the national broadcast. I hope to get it going again this week now that Im back in Texas.

I never listen to him in game. My only reference is his post / pre game commentary.

Its good. See above.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I strongly disagree. I was finally able to sync the WBBM 780 am broadcast to the Tv last week. joniac & Thayer were a much better listen than the national broadcast. I hope to get it going again this week now that Im back in Texas.

Its good. See above.

How did you sinc up the plays isn't tv usually behind? Is there an app for that?

SERE Bear

Drinking da Bears better
Donator
Liked Posts:
How did you sinc up the plays isn't tv usually behind? Is there an app for that?

Radio was behind the tv by about 10 seconds.

Vpn to make my Ipad log in through Chicago. (780 limits the stream to local ip addresses only) hook Ipad to 5.1 sound system. Stream the radio broadcast through the website not the app.
Pause/ play the stream to sync up the audio to the stream.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Best NFL show by far is Pat Kirwan and Jim Miller 3-7 on Sirius Radio. No stupid hype, no drama, just football. Jim gives the Bears plenty of time as well.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:

Did not know Thayer did the radio broadcast. My son showed me an app, I point my phone at the TV and the app gives me the audio through the web I guess. I use this in the sports bar setting I watch the non nationally televised games at.

SERE Bear

Drinking da Bears better
Donator
Liked Posts:
Did not know Thayer did the radio broadcast. My son showed me an app, I point my phone at the TV and the app gives me the audio through the web I guess. I use this in the sports bar setting I watch the non nationally televised games at.

App name?

melm

Liked Posts:

Not giving the app name should be a jailable offense.

Sounds like a seriously useful app.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
App name?

App: "Tunity"

Sorry for the delay, stepped away with clients... Tunity is the app, it is real handy because the local sports bar only puts on the local Panthers over the loud speakers. I just bring an old ear phone for one side of the noggin... so I can still talk to barkeep or folks around me.. etc.

pfcmsh

Liked Posts:
Did you report your displeasure to the network?

No Spunky Porkstacker, I did not. He is knowlegeable, and I like the guy, but that voice, especially ending a sentence about something negative, is unpleasant. I hope others hear it as clearly as I do.

melm

Liked Posts:
App: "Tunity"

Sorry for the delay, stepped away with clients... Tunity is the app, it is real handy because the local sports bar only puts on the local Panthers over the loud speakers. I just bring an old ear phone for one side of the noggin... so I can still talk to barkeep or folks around me.. etc.

Thanks, will check it out.

Staleydabear1938

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Its good. See above.

Anyone is better to listen to than stupid ass Buck and Aikman, lol but yes I really like Thayer and Joniak.

Staleydabear1938

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Dude, Aikman looks rough. Is he sick?

If so, maybe he'll retire/leave and take Buck with him to his pleasure dungeon. seriously hate their commentary especially during Packers games when Buck is mumbling all the time b/c of how much of Rodgers D is in his mouth.