If Charles Tillman can stil run, the he can still play

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
Every time I watch that opening game near pick six I am reminded about how damn good Tillman is. How he is so freaking smart with his coverage his technique and his skills. He's not a guy who simply gets by because he's more athletic than everyone else, he's a guy who has worked his ass off to be a smart football player.

The way he plays leverage on the route, then undercuts the throw on that pass is picture perfect. You can't run that play any better in slow motion the way he did at full speed. That skill is a key teaching point necessary if you play CB because it's about knowing where route is going to break, knowing that point where the WR is trying to be and cutting it off. Tillman does it with precision.

So I believe that so long as he can still run, then he can still play because he'll be able to win in every other way necessary to be successful. He's just a joy to watch because you quickly realize how much he cares.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
I very clearly remember back in 05 when he started the season out poorly and everybody wanted his ass gone. In that bad(sarcasm)season he had a pick 6 against Detroit in OT for the win and near Pick 6's against Minnesota and Green Bay. My favorite player by a landslide.

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Every time I watch that opening game near pick six I am reminded about how damn good Tillman is. How he is so freaking smart with his coverage his technique and his skills. He's not a guy who simply gets by because he's more athletic than everyone else, he's a guy who has worked his ass off to be a smart football player.

The way he plays leverage on the route, then undercuts the throw on that pass is picture perfect. You can't run that play any better in slow motion the way he did at full speed. That skill is a key teaching point necessary if you play CB because it's about knowing where route is going to break, knowing that point where the WR is trying to be and cutting it off. Tillman does it with precision.

So I believe that so long as he can still run, then he can still play because he'll be able to win in every other way necessary to be successful. He's just a joy to watch because you quickly realize how much he cares.

Tillman is the consummate professional. I was sooooo pissed when he went to Tampa. I felt we should have retained him bigtime...... Then I was so happy that he wasnt offered a contract. The dude is incredible. I think he might be one of the hardest workers out there too in TC. He loves to work his ass off against Marshall. They key off each other and push one another. We'll see in TC if Peanut still has his legs, if he's healthy he will be playing at a much higher level this year if that Dline can generate what I think will be awesome pressure, same with Jennings and Fuller.
Cant wait to see them all working together with a fierce pass rush....wow........Of course they still gotta prove themselves against the run and make other teams "Have" to throw against us and become one dimensional........But if they can do that I'm totally stoked and Peanut will be an integral part of that turnover machine.

mac bear

Liked Posts:
Can't agree more with all of the above. It is the intangibles, lockerroom attitude, work ethic, experience, his swagger, shit, even his hair, that I usually harp and focus on. This thread reminds me of his game skills and saavy that remain solidly in tact.

Cheers

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Best hips in football for a guy his size. Hes not the fastest guy in the league, but he has perfect technique and changes direction very well.

Its pretty telling that Vasher, Bowman, And Jennings have been near elite with him and barely hanging on to careers without him.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I seem to recall a differing opinion concerning "near pick." Apparently that consideration differs depending upon the subject of the conversation (not that this is particularly surprising). I should just become a Packers fan, they didn't hire Trestman...he shouldn't even be a fucking janitor!

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The question isn't if he can and he was never our fastest player but for how long. Here's to a ding free season.:beer:

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
Tillman is one of my favorite athletes in any sport. More importantly he is a great person. Hope he retires a Bear.

CutlersCorner

Liked Posts:
It's wierd, if biff takes his Xanax he is almost, almost tolerable.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
You people are too easy to manipulate. Like marionettes on a string. He's in get out of the red mode.

Really, you're the easy one to manipulate. Say something critical of the team and get the predictable reaction.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Tillman is super smart in his play. There are very few dbs that can trick both reciever and qb in the league and he's one of them.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
Really, you're the easy one to manipulate. Say something critical of the team and get the predictable reaction.

hbk-slap-o.gif

remixdjinx

Liked Posts:
You people are too easy to manipulate. Like marionettes on a string. He's in get out of the red mode.
Idk, This subject is on topic. There is a group on here that runs untouchable on this board. If they actually made threads about football, or Bears football, without false leading titles. There would be alot more good discussions around here. And personally, I'd rather read 50 posts/threads about Cutler, than 1 article about my diary of my boring life. That's just my opinion. And Tillman is one of my all time favs. So, great thread 51. Props to Tillman.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Idk, This subject is on topic. There is a group on here that runs untouchable on this board. If they actually made threads about football, or Bears football, without false leading titles. There would be alot more good discussions around here. And personally, I'd rather read 50 posts/threads about Cutler, than 1 article about my diary of my boring life. That's just my opinion. And Tillman is one of my all time favs. So, great thread 51. Props to Tillman.
That's it. From now on only Cutler threads in the Bears forum.