If not for Roquan....

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If not for Roquan Smith, that pass is caught by Graham instead of being tipped to Jackson for an INT right?

Like if Kwiatkoski is in there like he was in week 1, how different is the result?

Dick Jauron

2001 AP Coach of the Year
Donator
Liked Posts:
Could have very well been different. How is Graham's thumb? Could he have caught it?

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
He might be under appreciated by many bears fans but for us who don’t live local I hear nothing but love for him and I see a special player myself. For instance here in Detroit they discuss that pick along with Mack trade for the bears defense being #1.

CaptnSUG

BANNED
Liked Posts:
Yeah Roq made a hell of a play because rewatching it now (admittedly on my phone) I see the same thing Rodgers saw. Throw was fine, Roq just had an extra burst and made the play. Plays like that are what you envision out of a top 10 pick.

Of course how many safeties other than Eddie Jackson make the read to be behind the play and have the ball skills to make the catch? Earl Thomas?

Either way, great play by the two. This is what happens your GM finds All-Pros in the 4th round and still hits on his first round picks. The talent just compounds on itself. If it's just Roq and no Eddie that ball lands harmlessly out the back of the endzone and if it's no Roq and just Eddie it's TD Packers. Makes football look way easier than it actually is, but I'll tell you tipped plays like that are anything but random. The Bears get in front a lot of throws and tip a lot of balls in the air, matter of time until THE best ballhawk in the NFL finds himself in the right place.

HansGruber

INFIDEL
Liked Posts:
Quan is the man,he has quietly put together a great rookie season.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
Roquan Smith would get way more recognition if Mack/Hicks/Fuller/Jackson weren't playing so well. He's been one of the top ILB's in the league, and he was a great pick.

Ryan Pace knows what he's doing huh?

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Roquan Smith would get way more recognition if Mack/Hicks/Fuller/Jackson weren't playing so well. He's been one of the top ILB's in the league, and he was a great pick.

Ryan Pace knows what he's doing huh?

I was told he’s a fucking idiot though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
You guys are joking right the guy has progressed immensely but to say he was good the first 10 weeks of the season is fucking bullshit.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
I was told he’s a fucking idiot though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well the problem is that the guy who told you he's a fucking idiot, is a fucking idiot himself. Smith is 8th in the league in solo tackles, and 14th in total tackles. High on the list in sacks for ILB's as well, and as you know, he's been very good in coverage.

Robinson signing
Gabriel signing
Burton signing
NAGY HIRE
Smith
Cohen
Jackson
Trubisky
Howard
Whitehair
Floyd
Hicks signing
Mack trade

Ryan Pace has built a long time contender out of this team, and that's something the Bears have never had.

CaptnSUG

BANNED
Liked Posts:
Pace drafted a starting caliber dual-threat QB, the best safety in the NFL and one of the most dynamic offensive weapons in the entire league all in the same draft. It doesn't matter what they get out of Shaheen nor that Jordan Morgan just wasn't cut out for the NFL, things get really easy when that type of talent just infuses itself into the roster.

Jackson, Hicks and Mack definitely make everyone around them look better. Credit Pace for going and getting all three of those guys.

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cohen
Jackson

There are a number of CCS posters who should probably go back and edit their post-draft hot takes on these two. You never know when someone might dig them up...

Last edited:

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
There are a number of CCS posters who should probably go back and edit their post-draft hot takes on these two. You never know when someone might dig them up...

I thought the Cohen pick was stupid and I believe the majority of the board felt the same way. Seemed like a small gimmicky type player who was destined to bust, but I'm very happy that I was wrong on that one. Cohen is a baller.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He is becoming a Superstar.

CaptnSUG

BANNED
Liked Posts:

I thought the Cohen pick was pretty exciting, especially since they had the track record with Langford* and Howard. There was a time when people thought that Ryan Pace was some sort of RB savant who couldn't be trusted to do anything but draft stud RB's late in the draft.

I thought Eddie Jackson was an overdrafted KR/PR who was never going to be able to play every down in the secondary. But that was just a nonsense opinion because now people are asking around about him, like how the fuck he slipped to the fourth round when he was clearly a top 5 overall talent, and everyone at Bama seems to say "uh, we tried telling you".

*Langford had the talent to make it long-term but he is an example of a guy who was not mature enough for the NFL. It was a good pick just for the value they got out of him as a rookie. I'd say a C+.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
I thought the Cohen pick was terrible, worst of the draft class. I really liked the Jackson pick but at the time would have rather drafted a safety higher in the draft.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Yeah Roq made a hell of a play because rewatching it now (admittedly on my phone) I see the same thing Rodgers saw. Throw was fine, Roq just had an extra burst and made the play. Plays like that are what you envision out of a top 10 pick.

Of course how many safeties other than Eddie Jackson make the read to be behind the play and have the ball skills to make the catch? Earl Thomas?

Either way, great play by the two. This is what happens your GM finds All-Pros in the 4th round and still hits on his first round picks. The talent just compounds on itself. If it's just Roq and no Eddie that ball lands harmlessly out the back of the endzone and if it's no Roq and just Eddie it's TD Packers. Makes football look way easier than it actually is, but I'll tell you tipped plays like that are anything but random. The Bears get in front a lot of throws and tip a lot of balls in the air, matter of time until THE best ballhawk in the NFL finds himself in the right place.

With all due respect, that ball was as catchable as any defender will ever see. Every player has the ball skills to catch that.

CaptnSUG

BANNED
Liked Posts:
If you were to redraft 2017 there would be two Bears taken in the top five and three in the top ten. Even now I dont think people who only follow the Bears realize how respected Cohen is around the league, he's widely considered a weapon on the level of Tyreek Hill or Alvin Kamara.

CaptnSUG

BANNED
Liked Posts:
With all due respect, that ball was as catchable as any defender will ever see. Every player has the ball skills to catch that.

I am not so sure about the bolded! There are a lot of stone-hands DB's out there in the today's NFL.

Either way Jackson was not in that spot by chance or accident, he read the play and put himself behind the action in case the ball popped up. He does it all the time if you watch him, Fuller or Amukamara will deflect a pass and it'll usually go straight into the ground or off in some harmless direction but always lurking behind is Eddie. That's the more impressive part of the play, and its something he does literally all the time.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
You guys are joking right the guy has progressed immensely but to say he was good the first 10 weeks of the season is fucking bullshit.

You're kidding, right?