If the Big Hurt had used Steroids...?

Livewire

Liked Posts:
Frank Thomas was one of the best hitters of his time and did it without steroids. We have all seen the diminished numbers in baseball since the Mitchel report and steroids controversy has started.

If Big Hurt had used the same competitive edge most of the players he competed against used (steroids and hgh) what would his career numbers look like?

BigSoxHurt35

Liked Posts:
Big Frank was as good a hitter as Bonds. And a 100 MIL X better person than Bonds. Frank is one of the best guy you'll meet

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
I love it when people try to make this argument (not saying the OP did).

The guy was a Division I tight end, playing along with Bo Jackson at Auburn. He's always been a huge guy.

And, as everyone else mentioned, one of the best hitters we've ever seen.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Frank Thomas didn't play with Bo Jackson at Auburn. Frank was at Auburn when Bo was in the majors. I think Frank was starting High School when Bo played at college.

FedEx227

Liked Posts:
Well sorry, but they were wrong.

Jackson graduated in 1985. Thomas didn't start at Auburn until 1986.

Captain Iago

Giver of Occular Proof
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sounds like a misplaced modifier to me. For example, you may have heard a kid declare, "There's no way I'm riding the Special person school bus!" when the speaker is talking about, you know, the short buses. Is it the school bus that's actually Special person? No.

Was Thomas and Jackson teammates? Yes, they were teammates while playing for the White Sox. But as you guys have mentioned, they were not teammates while they both were at Auburn.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
guys who i have thought used something:
carl everett
jim thome
scott podsednik

off the top of my head those guys in recent year i suspect used.